KIK Custom Products Employee Reviews

Face paced environment
Quality Control Inspector/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON25 November 2018
Always an opportunity for advancement. It is a nosy environment and some areas of the facility are very old and need to be updated. Dedicated and hardworking team members.
Pros
Opportunity for advancement
Cons
Old and dirty facility
I don't advise to work there
Planner (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON15 November 2018
Unorganized very manual environment. Don't think it is a career job for any possible growth. Any admin officer needs to be supported by an officer to have things go smoothly.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
it is unorganized
Hardworking, low pay.
Stacker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 October 2018
Monday to Friday job, 3 available shifts (day: 7h30am-3:45pm; afternoon 3h45pm-11h30pm; night: 11h30pm-7h30am), Saturday hours are optional (every weekend, 6 hours).
As a stacker, a typical day at KIK is always different because you rotate from line production to line production (this way you don't get tired of being everyday in the same line doing the same thing). You either dump empty bottles at a hopper or stack finished products (boxes from 1 to 13 pounds) on a skid/pallet. You also have to supply shippers for the packers and/or others products such as shampoo pumps or caps to them or into a machine.
Every line has a team leader (almost like a supervisor). As for the present day, a stacker starts at $15.50/hour. The majority of the workers are Indians, Caribbeans and South Americans. Meal time is 25 minutes.
Pros
Good benefits and giveaways like monthly free hygiene products, free pizza days, a summer BBQ, tickets to the movies, giftcards.
Cons
Hardworking, standing all day, fast pace.
Great experience
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 July 2018
I enjoyed working with Kik company , I have learned a lot of skills that I can utilize for my future, My co-workers were very supportive and welcoming and defiantly helped me progress with this company as well as Staff and Trainees.
Pros
Working with an energetic team
Cons
Hours
production with good units
PACKER (Current Employee) –  toronto,on5 July 2018
My job is packing the units in particular way at KIK Custom Products. Since I have been working here, I have learned so many things such as Team Work, Perfection, being a flexible and meeting a deadline. while I am working here, I realized that the management is very supportive. Also the workplace is very friendly. I believe the enjoyable part of this job is working with team. In short this job is suitable for everyday leaving but I need the job according to my education.
All work and less play
Ouality assurance (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 June 2018
It is a place to be confident of a job security.Everyone is friendly and team work is a priority.There are fun activities during the summer months for those who are interested.
Pros
Barbecues and Pizza days are some of the benifits
Cons
Regular hours and week-end work available
no good place
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON19 April 2018
this plant's maintenance work is not team work,their company culture is everything you had to do yourself even you are new one,no training,and usually the people on the products line not nice to you, but they good management for maintenance and safety. this place is only for some one who has worked the same work environment.
Company provided daily lunches
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON11 January 2018
A typical day of work consisted of general administrative duties including managing the daily lunch program as well as being a member of the Health & Safety Committee.
Pros
Free lunches
Good compensation - much room for improvement
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON28 October 2017
Not a bad company to work depending of course on your role and department. Working in IT infrastructure. Mostly Helpdesk/Desktop support functions. Answering calls and emails to resolve 1st and 2nd level issues. Triage what could not resolve directly.
Mostly regular hours -some on-call but very light compared to other companies - not directly compensated for on-call but consideration given in other ways unofficially.

Somewhat chaotic at times with a lot of unstable systems, new acquisitions causing major issues. Run around trying to resolve only to find issue caused by changes not communicated or documented. Frustrating.

Pretty decent team mates and managers. Loved dealing with and helping our user base. Good people in general.

Clunky and time consuming processes impede getting people back up and running. Management style was either micro-manage or hands off in my experience. Would have liked a happy medium.
Pros
Free lunch, Professional employees, good benefits and compensation
Cons
Chaotic put out fire environment, poor change management, user unfriendly systems.
No comments.
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON4 September 2017
KIK is a good place to work. they give you free lunch which is very nice. they also give you free samples from the products that they manufacture which is good.
Chaotic
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto17 April 2017
Working here was stressful for no reason. Things that should've been done easily would always end up being a problem. Many times I worked from home on the weekends including on my Birthday.
Great Learning Experience
Employee (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 March 2017
It was one of my first jobs. Although it was tough at the beginning because of the type of job, I got a hang of it over time. Good people, so it was easy to get by the day.
Pros
Provided income at the time
Cons
Stressful
Great and challenging place to work.
Sr. Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) –  Concord, ON23 March 2017
This company provides a challenging work experience but excels at providing it's employees with the support they need and compensating employee when they do put in that extra effort.
interesting place
Operator 1 (Current Employee) –  Concord, ON2 February 2017
an interesting place to work at. Many non-English speaking people which make it hard to communicate with others. Workers are not very friendly and like to complain.
GM is a millwright and he always dive into machine
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON22 January 2017
GM is a millwright and he always dive into machine to fix himself. This caused most maintenance team leaving and plant could not run for a few months.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long work hours
KIK Custom Products
Advanced Validation Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 November 2016
KIK Custom Products is very recommended Company to work in.
The management is strong and knowledgeable.
People work for years at that company.
Great company minimtally staffed
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Concord, ON17 October 2016
Worked here for over 2 years now and thoroughly enjoy the work I do, unfortunately do not have the required time in the day to do it all. Constant unpaid overtime, and underappreciated by management.
Pros
free meals, great staff, lots of employee gifts
Cons
long hours, unresponsive HR, ignorant management
Fun workplace
Bilingual Account Receivable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON12 April 2016
Making calls to dealers and Businesses to collect past due money .
Making sure I release orders on time and check credit rating of accounts both in Canada and USA,adjusting and reconciling accounts, etc.
I learned to work under much pressure and had great management.
My co-workers were fantastic and the most enjoyable part of the Job was the free lunch everyday.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Long Hours
Free lunch and good incentive(former filling supervisor)
Production Supervisor(FORMER) (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON7 April 2016
Good place to start-up your career and build your potential. Lots of Managerial support and hands-on experience. Its a unionized environment and easy to managed.
Very understanding and family orientated
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON7 April 2016
Very intense, fast paced and paying attention to detail at all time. at all time.
Loved it as I am a fast paced, thrive under pressure Supervisor/worker
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long hrs, mostly commuting time