KIK Custom Products Employee Reviews

Hardworking, low pay.
Stacker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 October 2018
Monday to Friday job, 3 available shifts (day: 7h30am-3:45pm; afternoon 3h45pm-11h30pm; night: 11h30pm-7h30am), Saturday hours are optional (every weekend, 6 hours).
As a stacker, a typical day at KIK is always different because you rotate from line production to line production (this way you don't get tired of being everyday in the same line doing the same thing). You either dump empty bottles at a hopper or stack finished products (boxes from 1 to 13 pounds) on a skid/pallet. You also have to supply shippers for the packers and/or others products such as shampoo pumps or caps to them or into a machine.
Every line has a team leader (almost like a supervisor). As for the present day, a stacker starts at $15.50/hour. The majority of the workers are Indians, Caribbeans and South Americans. Meal time is 25 minutes.
Pros
Good benefits and giveaways like monthly free hygiene products, free pizza days, a summer BBQ, tickets to the movies, giftcards.
Cons
Hardworking, standing all day, fast pace.
production with good units
PACKER (Current Employee) –  toronto,on5 July 2018
My job is packing the units in particular way at KIK Custom Products. Since I have been working here, I have learned so many things such as Team Work, Perfection, being a flexible and meeting a deadline. while I am working here, I realized that the management is very supportive. Also the workplace is very friendly. I believe the enjoyable part of this job is working with team. In short this job is suitable for everyday leaving but I need the job according to my education.
All work and less play
Ouality assurance (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 June 2018
It is a place to be confident of a job security.Everyone is friendly and team work is a priority.There are fun activities during the summer months for those who are interested.
Pros
Barbecues and Pizza days are some of the benifits
Cons
Regular hours and week-end work available
Face paced environment
Quality Control Inspector/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON25 November 2018
Always an opportunity for advancement. It is a nosy environment and some areas of the facility are very old and need to be updated. Dedicated and hardworking team members.
Pros
Opportunity for advancement
Cons
Old and dirty facility
I don't advise to work there
Planner (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON15 November 2018
Unorganized very manual environment. Don't think it is a career job for any possible growth. Any admin officer needs to be supported by an officer to have things go smoothly.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
it is unorganized
no good place
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON19 April 2018
this plant's maintenance work is not team work,their company culture is everything you had to do yourself even you are new one,no training,and usually the people on the products line not nice to you, but they good management for maintenance and safety. this place is only for some one who has worked the same work environment.
Good compensation - much room for improvement
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON28 October 2017
Not a bad company to work depending of course on your role and department. Working in IT infrastructure. Mostly Helpdesk/Desktop support functions. Answering calls and emails to resolve 1st and 2nd level issues. Triage what could not resolve directly.
Mostly regular hours -some on-call but very light compared to other companies - not directly compensated for on-call but consideration given in other ways unofficially.

Somewhat chaotic at times with a lot of unstable systems, new acquisitions causing major issues. Run around trying to resolve only to find issue caused by changes not communicated or documented. Frustrating.

Pretty decent team mates and managers. Loved dealing with and helping our user base. Good people in general.

Clunky and time consuming processes impede getting people back up and running. Management style was either micro-manage or hands off in my experience. Would have liked a happy medium.
Pros
Free lunch, Professional employees, good benefits and compensation
Cons
Chaotic put out fire environment, poor change management, user unfriendly systems.
Great experience
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 July 2018
I enjoyed working with Kik company , I have learned a lot of skills that I can utilize for my future, My co-workers were very supportive and welcoming and defiantly helped me progress with this company as well as Staff and Trainees.
Pros
Working with an energetic team
Cons
Hours
Fun workplace
Bilingual Account Receivable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON12 April 2016
Making calls to dealers and Businesses to collect past due money .
Making sure I release orders on time and check credit rating of accounts both in Canada and USA,adjusting and reconciling accounts, etc.
I learned to work under much pressure and had great management.
My co-workers were fantastic and the most enjoyable part of the Job was the free lunch everyday.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Long Hours
Great company minimtally staffed
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Concord, ON17 October 2016
Worked here for over 2 years now and thoroughly enjoy the work I do, unfortunately do not have the required time in the day to do it all. Constant unpaid overtime, and underappreciated by management.
Pros
free meals, great staff, lots of employee gifts
Cons
long hours, unresponsive HR, ignorant management
Productive and fast- pace work place
Pricing and Margin Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 November 2013
I will do following things for a typical day at work
-read and reply emails
-request and follow up price and production/ labor information requested to complete price quote requests/ bids from sales team
-perform margin analysis for existing productions and potential business
-pricing forecast for coming quarter, and reconcile price changes from quarter to quarter
-perform purchase price variance analysis for pre-assigned customers

I have gained most of my professional work experience from this job. It provided me with the opportunities to work and communicate with professionals and complete the work in a professional manner.

My co-workers are all very supportive and friendly. we learn from each other's strengths and help each other overcome weaknesses.
Pros
Free Lunch, very friendly working environment
Cons
Long Hours, too far from my home
overall a good company to stay with
Supply Chain Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 January 2013
usually pay attention to workers, provide lunch (need to pay), flexible working hour. Salary is fair.
Pros
flexible hours, lunch time, parking lot, kind of secure job
Cons
system is old, organization is complex, management need to pay attention so management
Productive and very challenging job.
TEAM LEADER (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON13 August 2012
I have learned to praise team members and creates a positive working environment and help increased the productivity by keeping scrap products to minimum..
Pros
free lunch
Company provided daily lunches
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON11 January 2018
A typical day of work consisted of general administrative duties including managing the daily lunch program as well as being a member of the Health & Safety Committee.
Pros
Free lunches
Good place to work, steady employment if made permanent
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON27 February 2013
Very fast moving atmosphere
Learned to analyze bleaches, Windex, etc
Management good, Co-workers great
Smell of chlorine, need to wear protective equipment at all times
It's a chemical plant, therefore, one has to be prepared for certain odours associated with the job
Getting paycheck most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
regular employment if made permanent
Cons
smell of chlorine, wear protective equipment, then you're okay
Productive and friendly environment
Annual Drug Product Reviewer/ Analytical Chemist (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON2 September 2013
Each day is a hectic and busy day
My techncial writing skills & computer skills were enhanced.
Had a friendly and sincere co-workers.
Management was fair and considerate.
Hardests part of the job-when all the ADP reports of different customers requested on the same date of submission.
When your accomplishment are recognized and worth rewarding.
Pros
Health & Safety Awards for Zero Accident Workplace
productive,fun with good benefits
Stacker/Machine operator/forklift driver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 February 2016
work in the production line packing,stacking,dumping. I learn how to set up and fix the production lines, put away finish goods in the warehouse, unload materials from trucks and put it in the production lines and load the finish goods onto the trucks. my manager always trusted me and give me the opportunity to learn more.
Pros
good pay, benefits and over time
Cons
non
good place to learn the millwright trade
millwright apprentice (Current Employee) –  Concord, ON19 January 2016
good place to learn but they move you around a lot between other three shifts at any given notice. you learn a lot about setting up machinery, conveyor belts , doing PM's and some welding
Pros
great place to learn the trade
Cons
midnight shifts, far to drive to, short breaks, tight on salary
KIk was a productive and fun loving place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, Ontario19 September 2012
My main taks at work day included preparing schedules for three shift in two Plants whist managing the switchboard.

I had the opportunity to deal with customers and employees. I had to maintain a pleasant personality on both levels.

My co-workers were very co-operative and we had a family atmosphere at work.

The hardest part of the job was to able to make last minute changes to the schedules and cancelling temporary workers due to changes.

I enjoyed greeting customers at the Reception and being satisfied at the end of the day that I was able to complete my day's assigments.
Pros
we were awarded with gifts or free lunches for accident free days.
Cons
there were some long days due to production issues, it was satisfying to be able to resolve issues.
Very diversed and busy place
Chemist Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON13 July 2013
It is a very diversed company involved in manufacturing of different products.
Very busy and team work environment
has employee from different back ground and different culture
Pros
Safet wise is very secure.
Cons
Working long hrs, not much OT