Kiewit Employee Review

Productive, fast paced and safe
Equipment Operator/Forman (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 November 2013
Every morning the site services team assembled to discuss the work scope for the day followed by a team stretch and flex to avoid physical injury. Everyone would then write out a Job Hazard review for there specific tasks for the day. JHA's would then be signed off by the Forman or superintendent.
As the equipment operator/Truck driver for the site, I would do pre trip inspections on all my equipment i would be operating for the day. (zoom boom, skid steer and Tractor trailer)
I would go to various areas of the mod yard taking calls on the radio for lifting pipe spools, scaffold racks or anything that needed moving with the zoom boom or skid steer. I also was responsible for bringing trailers over from our Lay down yard with pipe spools and various materials for continuing on construction of the mods.
Working at Kiewit Mod yard was very fast paced and saftey orientated. I enjoyed the challenge of keeping up with the pace and doing it without incident.
Pros
Safety orientated, Organized
Cons
Poor Communication

Other Kiewit Employee Reviews

Not a bad place to work
Chargehand/Scaffolder.inspector (Former Employee) –  Marystown, NL20 April 2018
The hours and shifts were good. Could get overtime. Wages were good. Had good employee medical program. Could go home every evening. People were good to work with.
Pros
I was in Newfoundland
Cons
shut down now for 3 years
Poor work/life balance
Field Engineer/ Estimator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 April 2018
Expected to always put work first and involves working long hours for low compensation when out on projects away from home. When working locally in the office the pay is fair and hours are acceptable. Good RRSP matching and benefits.
Benefits
Cons
Working away

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kiewit. Our community is ready to answer.