Kiewit

Kiewit Employee Reviews for Pipefitter

Found 26 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,703 reviews

Insights into Kiewit

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging

It was good.

10 hr work days Crews were good. Management was ok. couldnt use a zip cut to cut pipe(i found that kind of strange) Safety was off the charts, but thats not a bad thing.

Inconsistent company policies.

Terrible management. Inconsistent in discipline. Management is production over safety. Not a safe contractor to work for. Payroll consistently wrong and nobody ever corrected it until the last paycheck. Green engineers in positions of management and superintendents that are completely disingaged.

Stressful and chaotic work environment.

Kiewit cares more about schedule and looking good to the client than the workers. Management treats the workers like dirt , only a select few care. The people that Kiewit puts in supervisory positions is a joke. Scaffolders as construction mangers, apprentices as foreman with zero experience , labourers as piping superintendents who threatened all of our jobs to our face and when anybody dared speak up or say anything she would fire us or lay us off. She screamed at us daily and if we did not hit a PF of 1 we thought we would be fired. Followed her exact instructions and she didn’t like it so she set me down then fired me . When anything goes wrong top management will throw any worker or foreman directly under the bus to cover their own incompetent actions. Kiewit is one of the most toxic companies to work for with a terrible culture and low morale . They cancelled our pension contributions and gave us a lame excuse. We no longer get any money into our pension as of a year ago and company matched rrsp was cancelled so your left with a terrible wage and weak benefits.

Pros

Decent safety prizes to be won.

Cons

Terrible management and supervision

Good safe place to work

Safe place to work where people work together as a team. There is lots of help available when needed in all trades. Good environment and our personal need are well met.

Dont waste your time

Disorganized, clicky. Disaster . Empty promises. Dont bother with trying to make a spot for yourself they will discard you like you are nothing even after being loyal and showing up every day .

Excellent learning opportunity

I was fortunate enough to do my entire apprenticeship with Kiewit. It was a great learning experience and I really enjoyed being well compensated to learn. I would recommend this company to anyone.

Poor mangement

Very poor management and admin staff and get the run around when confronted with their mistakes. Make sure to check your ROE before leaving if they lay you off. They will state you quit and causes issues for EI.

Great company, Great people

Great company to have worked for. very safe feeling environment, with a full support system to let you know, you are backed fully by the safety system. a company who believes their workers and their safety record are the reason for success.

good

Good safety program. Good scheduling. Fair pay . Coworkers were knowledgeable and good to work with. Managers were easy to get along with and took your concerns into consideration and gave you fair and knowledgeable answers.

Productive and good too work for.

Excellent company and great too work for, when they have the work they keep their employees busy and keep the regular people that have been with them for years employed!

great place to work

i learned so much and over come some challenges that i thought was not possible and i also made alot of friends , and got touse my people skills and work with alot of cultures it was great.

Pros

safety awards and they also donate to help the towns with stuff in need

Cons

not always work in the ship yard

Working As pipe fitter

Excellent company benefits, and very good rate. They give us allot of safety training and certifications, safety first culture. Superintendent give the opportunity to be pipe fitter foreman because my skills and hard work.

Pros

Very nice experience, and excellent company, they give us tools, food, travel.

Cons

Work in freeze wather, and close to gases on live plant.

Awesome Place To work

Kiewit Offshore Services in Marystown,Nl was a great place to work. Between the Office staff right down the the labours on site. The atmosphere was great. I am very pleased to say I worked down there for 19 months. I hope to go back soon!!

Work

Get your work assignment, get your tools, and have a fun time.

Pros

Always plenty of work.

Cons

Working in -20C at times.

exelent people and camp

typical day was challenging and fun. lots about rigging and hydo testing . hardest part of job was traveling . most enjoyable was seeing your involvment in the building .

Pros

food

productive,safe and very organized

very good environment on the fab-shop,very good crew,good d management,ect very good crew when just out to the mod-yard. skills improvement with very experienced pipe-fitters,etc.

Pros

good work ethics

good place to learn

Kiewit was a great start to a career. i was with them for three years and learned alot and was indenchered in the a apprenticship with in one year

kiewit

kiewit is a great company and strives to be a safety, great team of staff including supers foremans and trade workers.

fun atmosphere

Kiewit was nice cause we were given all the materials and tools we needed. This separated them from other companies. Usually good crew to work with, for a decent atmosphere.

Pros

free breakfast, lunches

Cons

work late

Safety first and they mean it

Working with Kiewit Kearl Lake Project open my eyes to safety, they not just give you a little chat or a video and off you go to work, they mean safety and they apply it at all times.

Pros

great management

Cons

long hours and days of work tfw

Enjoyed working with the crew I worked with as they were safe and fun to be around

Start with stretching before work, this was good and looked forward to it after a short while. Every company does somethings a litttle different, and I thought that the preparation was not as good as i could have been. The most difficult part of the job was some days not having work to do and having to find something to do to look busy. I always enjoy completing a job and it turning out really well.

Pros

good camp

Cons

lack of experience in the supervision

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kiewit. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement