Kiewit

Canada9 reviews

Found 9 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,718 reviews

Insights into Kiewit

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues

good

good an busy i learned more about the safety good but some manegement it goes to ther head very good hard co worker the cold in the witer meet new poeple and the wages and the travel

Rewarding

I like Kiewet! They are awesome to work with! You can progress in your career at a good pace and the safety culture is second to none.The big projects I’ve. Even on have been fun!

Pros

Great work environment

Cons

A lot of red tape on sites but still a good work environment!

In experienced superiors are leading the job. Most of them are buddies , In experience shows in safety also. Complicated safety rules making unsafe work atmosphere.

Great to work for

Great safety program Pay is competitive Forman and middle management are great and there support is valued by all This is a place you can grow and branch out

Pros

Great safety programs

Cons

Upper management is somewhat detached and it causes communication gaps

Best company I have ever worked for

This company treated me great! It was the only time I have bounced out of bed everyday excited to go to work. They rewarded hard work and dedication, and had a great safety policy that helped the work crews rather than hindering them. I would work for this company anytime!

Pros

Great safety and work achievement awards

the camp we were lodged in had a gym, ice rink, and a pool table games room.

I really enjoyed working with Kiewit. They were really safety oriented and cared for the employees. We would start the shift off with a safety tool box talk and doing morning stretches then be given ou task and go do it, if you were unsure you were more then free to ask with nothing said about making sure your clear. They would check in with you to see how things were progressing and see if there was any changes. I really enjoyed it as I started out as a skilled labourer and moved up to lead hand then a lead hand equipment operator, they had no trouble with moving a individual up when it was warranted and the need was there.

Pros

the ability to move up in job positions

Cons

Long Cold Weather in the winter working night shift.

Productive and enjoyable workplace

Each day working at Kiewit, I was given opportunity and challenges from my supervision.

Great experience

Large company with lots of work available. Great crew, not a lot of advancement opportunities

Cons

Limited growth opportunity, training

regular type of work place in Fort McMurray

My co-workers are great. The food is good and the accommodations are clean.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kiewit. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Kiewit with