Happiness score is 68 out of 100

Kiewit Employee Reviews for Laborer

Found 20 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,703 reviews

Insights into Kiewit

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging

I find it is fun working with a group of good people

I started seven months ago, it has been different kind of place to work. Never worked for a company that has safety first and go home safe. It's been difficult at time and fun place to work.

BEST Company ever and would love to work there again...

The absolute BEST company to work for and the most amazing coworkers. Would LOVE the opportunity to work for Kiewit again. Management was great as well.... ....Worked as Janitorial on the MLMR site and absolutely loved it......

Pros

Great living in camp, both myself and my husband worked there, everything being free, Meals were delicious every day, just a great overall experience with flights right to Newfoundland was a bonus

Cons

Can't say I had any cons. Was the best experience ever.

productivity

working kiewit was very meaningful and it is fair in terms of environment, safety and integrity. cooperation works and management. training improving skills.

Pros

drinking and coffee

Cons

overtime

Awesome experience

Never even knew what a slip pour was lucky to be on all 5 best work experience ive encountered met a lot of nice workers learned a lot based on my time I’ve worked there

productive and fun.

days where long had alot of fun. I worked with the crane operator with the rigging. had alot of input on the pouring of concrete and worked myself on up to lead hand. everyone respected on another and job safty was our number one priority.

Again no complaints

I have no complaints about this company either. I loved all the jobs I had here in Newfoundland, I wish I had more opportunities to work in my province.

Loved working with the workers at Kiewit

Really enjoyed working with Kiewit. However I was there only on permit and couldn't get into the labourers union. I tried many times but I guess there was already so many members they couldn't add anymore.

Pros

excellent people to work with

Cons

no advancement & couldn't get into labourers union

Got to meet a lot of new friends with different backgrounds and learned about one another cultures. Supervisors were great to get along with and helped out in any way they could.

Kiewit

I learned how to work with a variety of different people in different trades and learn new skills each day i worked there.. i enjoyed the work experience as it was different every time i came back from turn around...14 days on and 7 days off..flights were provided and also camp accomidations were...

Pros

meeting new people

Cons

waiting to fly home(time)

awesome job environment

friendly people safe working environment excellent team work management is quick to act on problems when they arise. also good transport to and from job site . . I really enjoyed meeting and working with the people I've met in this company...

Pros

Paid travel time, friendly and work safe environment

Cons

n/a

Jobs at Kiewit

Laborer positions
See more jobs

re;

when i worked for kiewit,,was new to me,,lotsa job safety stuff,,tail gate meetings..the head count after work i liked,,learned how to jumping jack,,look out for 1 another if unsafe,,hardest part for me was 20 day shifts,long days,you git pretty tired,best part was the money kiewit payed you,,love working hard,,when the tuff gits going,,

work was good

The work place was good. The people were good to work with.The experience of travelling to the north was a learning tool. working with different cultures was very good.

Pros

time off

Cons

weather delays

Kiewit

Very good company,good camp,good salary and good peoples.

Great bunch of guys to work with

There was always fun to be had at work with the crew I was on. Even after I was laid off there was continued contact with the guys on the crew. I really miss working with them. Hope one day we are all back on the same crew on another project

Good Company to work for

Early hours, co workers were great to work with I learned alot from them, learning fabrication for the first time

Pros

Learning fabrication for the first time

Cons

falling in the ice

Good company

I had to leave the company for lack of work. Apart from that it was a good company

Every day is a new day

I am always learning as much as I can everyday at work. I learn the site, the job, about other coworkers jobs and about my coworkers. I have a great group of coworkers. I enjoy learning new things.

Pros

camp work

Cons

camp work

safe place to work

daily plan and safety meeting followed by stretch and flexcomplete givine tasks promptly and safely

Fairly easy going work environment and good people.

working at kiewit I started as a rigger for a boom truck and various cranes and then moved to a labourer crew working on different odds and ends for the various trades around the site.My co-workers were very easy going and made the days go by faster. The hardest part about the job was the weather.

Pros

one thng i really like about the job was that it changed frequently.

Cons

the weather

enjoyed the gym after work. Good food and good hours

-12 hr days.-Learned how a 24 hr pour worked.-Management was good to work for.-Great team to work with, got along with everyone.-Doing the same thing for 12 hours.-Wages, and the crew I worked with.

Pros

free breakfast, lunch, dinner, room. pay. great crew.

Cons

long hours, 300 ft up, windy, dusty.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kiewit. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement