Kiewit

Journeyman Electrician13 reviews
Canada13 reviews

Found 13 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,714 reviews

mixed reviews

working in the mod yard in Edmonton was great and the guys running it did a great job. Working out of town for them though was a lot different, the organization was terrible and the would layoff people and then tell the they screwed up and hire them back on in the same day

Poorly managed

From the minute you step out of the orientation you can feel the stress. They talk safety but production is always number. Management is not based on skill but who you know. Superintendents for regulated trades aren’t always knowledgeable in that trade and in some cases are engineers of a different discipline. They hire friends in one door and lay off good workers through another, sometimes the same week or day.

Pros

Safety rodeo’s and swag

Cons

Inconsistency and poor management

Good company to work for.

Good company to work for. The whole team was grate. Had a good time there made some friends some fake some good. Learnt a lot of stuff. Got a second career as an instrumentation mechanic even though I was hired as a journeyman electrician Will definitely recommend to anyone thinking of working. Because of family reason I would have applied to work for them again.

Kiewit is a very good company.

It is my first times work at oil site, Kiewit is a very good company. Great job, great salary, great security, great management, great culture, great company!

Good company, with good benefits

Good company, always great people on the various jobs I've been a part of. Good wages and competitive benefits. Most recently worked at the k+s potash mine in Regina, SK. Had a great camp and the job was full of new challenges. Great experience.

Pros

Great people, good wages, oppurtunity for advancement.

Cons

Work away from home, long flights.

safe work environment

Very professional and safe environment great co- workers always looking out for one another. Have courses available for safety mentoring and many others to help with safety culture and to help with new employees

Pros

complimentary lunches for safety or goals

Not Honest When Hiring

Hired for a 3 month project that was really only 2x14 day shifts. They knew this as soon as I showed up on site. Quite another job to take this one. Not impressed.

Pros

Big jobs

Cons

Dishonest recruiting process

Great Company better crew

Had a great time, working nights on a cable crew. Job is to last about 5 months. Crew was awesome, great bunch of guys, very safe environment

working for Kiewit was pretty good

Working for Kiewit was pretty good, it was a camp job witch I like a lot. 90% of the guys that I worked were easy to get along with and helpful when you needed help. Management was the same I would definitely work for them again.

good company

Good company to work for.Provided safe working environment Recommend everyone this company

Industrial Electrician

Responsible for reading, interpreting prints to complete all aspects related to completing lighting circuits. Field run tray. Terminations in E-houses.

Enjoyable work. Great pay, and a very safety concious company.

The people you work with are great, even though your in the middle of nowhere it doesnt feel like it.

Pros

free flights and lodging

Cons

n/a

Nice camp accomodation and good discipline on site and camp and the best was dry camp

Working day was ok I learn heat tracing comissionnig tha managment like forman a bit to young, good interaction between employee, the hardest part of the job listen to negative people and the most enjoyables was to learn, have all the tools to make the job done and the security sa we can go home in one piece.

Pros

good discipline and high level safety, free accomodation

Cons

foreman to young, no body seem to know what it going on at the end of contract

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kiewit. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement