Kiewit

Canada16 reviews

Found 16 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,718 reviews

Insights into Kiewit

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues

Overall decent company to work for

Would work for them again. Good Benefits (pension, RRSP matching, dental, medical). Extensive safety program. Good tools and gear. management was cliquey.

Snot nosed children management

They say safety, until they need something done then it’s no safety. The dump truck they had me run had a serious issue with air pressure bleeding off to the point of being immobile. Then these petty little children playing at supervisors don’t want to hear it. Safety is a huge short coming with management. They short hours and pay. Never seen any job run so poorly.

Pros

Full stop when it rains

Cons

Field supervisors are a clique with no clue

I was hired over the phone as a name hire from a buddy who was the GF I came in as foreman. I have worked for a few of the different big companies over the years. Working for Kiewit was BY FAR the best place to work out of the big places. I really enjoyed my time there and can not wait to be cal when things pick up and hopefully won’t have to move on

Excellente compagnie

Compagnie très bien structurée,etFORMATION continue bien encadrée. Je recomande KIEWIT

Good people and craft to work with

i've been working there for just over 2 years and i've met lots of great people to work with and that really take pride in there work and enjoy working there. They also allow you lots of room to grow with the company.

fun

I enjoyed working for them sadly our product came to an end. This is a very safety orientated company that takes good care of there workers, and puts everyone safety first. I enjoyed working with them

Good working team of players

Work was merited with advancement in foreman position. Bonus features for advanced productivity. Good working functional machines. All in all , it was a good company to work for.

average company

average company at many levels high supervision lacking vision and knowledge cut throat environment in supervision level facilities are ok

it was a Great company to work for until the jobs in BC dried out for the Company.

Working at Kiewit was a great learning experience. I enjoyed the variety of work on the Port Mann Bridge. I was part building the bridge, the demolition of the old bridge and the Marine work. I took care of the barges and worked with tug boat operations. I learned to work with explosives, pile driving, iron working, welding, and all the Marine operations. I got along with the Iron Workers and Tug Boat Operators. Hardest part of the job was working at Camp when the Port Mann bridge was done because I had to be away from my family. But I enjoyed learning how to operate loaders. It was a great learning experience.

Pros

learning a variety of new aspects in construction

Cons

loss of job

a great work enviroment with new potentials to learn everyday

Great working atmosphere with a variety of challenges one may encounter on a daily basis. Fasted paced work majority of the time, yet with a very hard working crew, daily duties were well managed.

First time Foreman

Foreman. Raymond Canal system. Responsible for time sheets shift start/end. Sub-contractor(s) time. and schedule. Report all issues to superintendent.

Pros

I was young and the superintendent gave me a chance.

Cons

When the Job was over.

Great company to pursue new careers

lots of room to advance and apply your potential good atmosphere with pretty good support from management most enjoyable part was learning new things and growing my skill set for future employment hardest part for me was working so much overtime and not seeing my family as much but the money more than compensated

Pros

free training

Cons

long weeks

A valuable team was the most important part of my success with this company.

A very fast paced work place with advancement for those willing to work hard.I liked the faith placed in me to do the job right every time,without being micro-managed.The hours were long and the work was hard,but the days flew by.A valuable team was the most important part of my success with this company.In construction,all good things come to an end-as did this one.

Good Experience

Was responsible for 15 cranes and 5 zoom booms. Performed daily safety meeting, dispatched operators, coordinated with management about job tasks and maintenance with equipment repair. Performed critical lifts & completed daily time cards.

Pros

Money

Cons

loss of work

•the most enjoyable part of the job

the most enjoyable part of the job is to be part of the construction of such big project and work with very smart and pro active people

kiewit I must say is the best place that I have ever worked to date ,lots of help from upper management

Every day started with a safety meeting and twice a month we had a safety review about the previous two weeks . And the mentoritng that went on was just great ,not only foreman down but also from above ,the whole crew was a well oiled machine which worked for the better of everyone it was great .Again the hardest part of the job was getting new people to buy into safety and the best was the friendship and the everyone watced out for everyone attitude

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kiewit. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Kiewit with