Kiewit
Happiness score is 68 out of 100

Kiewit Employee Reviews for Electrician

Found 25 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,703 reviews

Great experience

Overall great job experience. Amazing staff and supervision. Tasks delegated to trades workers in an organized fashion. I would work for them again...

Good company to work for.

Fair pay for you work. Open to ideas and change. More like a family than an employer. Great people to work with. Supplied tools, good safety culture. Organized

Depends who you are

Mod yard.... excellent place to work. Site work.... is painful, ran like a prison. Write ups around every corner. More white hats then yellow hats. Management can’t even get on the same page. No order to any operation, Big time favoritism, 13 hr days getting paid for 10. This economy sucks. F U Trudeau.

Very Safety Oriented

They are more concerned with your safety while working than the job getting done fast. Finish Strong was the theme, to make sure you went home safe to your family.

Great history, poor showing at Kearl HTI

Was very excited to go work for Kiewit. I heard excellent feed back throughout the years, so when I got an offer I was thrilled. However after a few shifts on the Kearl HTI site i was very unimpressed. Very poor management. Superintendents and field engineers trying to manage a craft that they have bo experience in. Lack of planning, no communication, no material, not enough tools. Apprentices as foreman. Safety seemed to care

Everyday is same

Learnt some stuff and got to do hands on...... Every day seemed normal and the same..... Lots of good guys with patience and willing to teach......,...

Look forward to working with Kiewit again.

Great place to work with good people and good management.Excellent safety policies that were actually enforced. I was an apprentice when I worked there and I am looking forward to the opportunity to work with Kiewit as a red seal journeyman.

Great company to work for

Great company to work for, always takes care of there employees! Great benefits and very competitive wages. lots of overtime. management is great to the employees!

A great company to work for

Kiewit are fantastic to work for. Professional and care about your safety as well as rewarding hard work. One of the best in the business to work for.

If you want a career in the Trades it is an excelent place to be.

A typical day at Kiewit at the Module Yard in Sherwood Park was an adventure from Day one. As an electrician I was given duties that I was able to accomplish as well as challenges. You usually get split up into groups and you may put heat trace on the module or do grounding chores or put in cable tray as needed. It is an Industrial Environment so you have to be ready for anything. The safety culture is good and so is the management team. The hardest part of the job is your going to get dirty sometimes you have to be a welder's helper and even layout part of the Module so the Welder can weld in C Channel as needed for structural and even Strut for installation of the cable tray. At the end of the day you feel like you have accomplished something. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know everyone going to the Company get together's and getting a Turkey and a safety bonus at the end of the Year.

Pros

Lots of work when things are booming.

Cons

In any Construction business there are layoff's when the work is done.

Fun and rewarding company to work for

Treated their employers right and made you feel like part of a team. Very good employee benefits packing and being paid accordingly. Long hours but enough time to get the job done right with the right material.

well maintained camp

Kiewit was a great company to work with simply because upper management had a high degree of respect for the team under there command eg.(Time off when need,and open to suggestions )

Pros

Great working enviroment

Cons

Would prefer a 3week on 2 week off rotation

Good project in a small town

Gave my hometown a great source of jobs and large income. Only wish it could've lasted longer. Work conditions were normal.

Pros

Local work with great pay

Cons

Scattered management mix-ups

I would definately go back

I was really impressed by the safety first attitude of the top management. it wasnt just lip service it was actively promoted and enforced from CEO to Laborer

Pros

great work atmosphere

a day at work

basically do our stretches, safety meeting in the morning and write our jha for the day then receive work from our foreman for the day then we would walk down the job and gather tools and information for the task then complete the task. we would record all material used for the day then give it to our foreman at the end of the day. sometimes i would learn stuff sometimes i would not. hardest part of my work days are probally working after breaks or when i got to walk around look for my foreman because im confused or dont know what to do.

Amazing Satey Protocol

One of the best Industrial Electrical Companies I have ever worked for! Great work atmosphere, great people to work with awesome guys. Great management and GF's to work for. Great safety protocol to ensure a safe work environment.

Pros

Free Chicken Lunches

Cons

10 h work days

Fun place to work

I really enjoyed working for Kiewit a very safety oriented company awesome group of people to work with and for. Good experience and very knowledgeable group

Pros

Safety oriented Good Money

Great Place to work.

Great place to work, above average pay, great camp to stay at while working, not a lot of job security. Friendly co-workers all worked well with each other.

productive

a typical day at work consisted over general electrical duties followed after a morning PTI, i learned most of my experience in industrial electrical from the company. met some great upper management to look up to and learn from, worked with various people all over the world. the hardest part was communication the most enjoyable part was on spot problem solving

Pros

good benefits

Cons

working away in camp

god company !

very good company. I worked with great pleasure. Always ready to continue with this nice people. My best regard for this company

good company

Kiewit is a great company to work for experience was good the hardest part of the job listen to negative people and the most enjoyables was to learn, have all the tools to make the job done

Pros

money

Cons

weather

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kiewit. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement