Kiewit

Vancouver, BC16 reviews

Found 16 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,718 reviews

Insights into Kiewit

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues

Good job, good people

Learned a lot, was well paid. The safety culture and training at Kiewit is second to none, they provide all training to complete any job safely. They provided interesting opportunities and ranges of jobs.

Pros

Good money, lots of OT

Cons

Lack of free time

Large and impressive company, working on equally large and impressive jobs

Not without its flaws, Kiewit is a pleasure to work for. It is an industrial electrical, with a major focus on safety. Those that complained on site were often unsafe and unintelligent ones.

Awesome experience

Never even knew what a slip pour was lucky to be on all 5 best work experience ive encountered met a lot of nice workers learned a lot based on my time I’ve worked there

kiewit has the most disturbing management

they want you to work weekends but they keep changing your hours and your pay rate every week and they are completely incapable of providing pay stubs or tools to there workers. they cant get enough iron workers to work for them so they put there carpenters and laborers through a 2 day iron worker training program. its only a mater of time before some poor person slips through the cracks of there safety system and gets hurt or dies

Graet job

Awesome times working here. Top shelf employer with great pay and benefits. Treated workers with respect and always kept us busy.

Great work and great pay

Enjoyed working here while the job lasted. Great wages, great hours and great co-workers and bosses. This company takes very good care of its employees.

Fast Paced high production large industrial construction projects

Excellent Company to work for. Safety Orientated, high production, on the job leadership training. Strong emphases on site awareness and organization. High potential for danger industrial construction in live traffic or extreme terrain.

Pros

long term projects

great learning tools

Teach you the things you need to know to get the job done.. Work life balance is lacking. Young engineers are taken advantage of, and if you are not willing to slit your coworkers throat to get ahead...you'll never get ahead.

Nice environment to work and employees are well compensated

I like the attitude of the people and how management treat their employees fairly. The company are equipping employees in the right direction to improve the quality of their work, giving them trainings, seminars and taking special coarses. Overall its a fun workplace.

Pros

a lot of company benifits

Cons

Non

re;

when i worked for kiewit,,was new to me,,lotsa job safety stuff,,tail gate meetings..the head count after work i liked,,learned how to jumping jack,,look out for 1 another if unsafe,,hardest part for me was 20 day shifts,long days,you git pretty tired,best part was the money kiewit payed you,,love working hard,,when the tuff gits going,,

Pmh1

Peter Kiewit Infrastructure PMH1 Upgrade Project: Good variety of experiences and responsibilities, If you are a go getter it's a great place. Salary is competitive. The co-workers are good quality people. Can learn a lot in a short period.

Pros

Unlimited potential

Cons

A lot of required overtine

Fairly easy going work environment and good people.

working at kiewit I started as a rigger for a boom truck and various cranes and then moved to a labourer crew working on different odds and ends for the various trades around the site.My co-workers were very easy going and made the days go by faster. The hardest part about the job was the weather.

Pros

one thng i really like about the job was that it changed frequently.

Cons

the weather

productive and busy work place

10 hr shiftsI learned to work safely and productive in busy envirnomentManagment was there to answer any questions we may have hadCo-workers made sure to watch each others back so no one got hurt on the job.Working in a high traffic areaWorking with a safe and productive team

Pros

great team mates

Cons

long commute through rush hour traffic to and from work

great company

-great company-lots of training-working outdoors-lots of different equipment to run

Pros

lots of hours

Equipment Operator

I have worked for Kiewit in the past, and love the company. I would like to get back on the team.

Company that Does Not Care About Employee Safety

Multiple accidents occurred while I was employed there. When you try to report an incident the safety team ignores you. If you get injury compensation you will lose your job.In addition, you are told to keep an eye out for environmental impacts but then ignored if you report them, as well.

Pros

good pay

Cons

employee deaths, injuries

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kiewit. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Kiewit with