Kiewit

Kiewit Employee Reviews in St. John's, NL

St. John's, NL10 reviews

Found 10 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,718 reviews

nice place to work

I was working as contractor. Lots of overtime. The leads know there stuff. I recommend this place. I would definitely work there again. Work with some Norwegian for the 1st time and they are very competent. Good sense of humor.

Pros

lots of work. People incline to help

Cons

Could quite stressful at time.

Good working conditions

Great to work for the supervision took the time to make sure you were aware of any danger associated with the job being preformed coworkers were treated you as family and looked after one another

Pros

Good money benefits

Cons

Away from home

Loved working with the workers at Kiewit

Really enjoyed working with Kiewit. However I was there only on permit and couldn't get into the labourers union. I tried many times but I guess there was already so many members they couldn't add anymore.

Pros

excellent people to work with

Cons

no advancement & couldn't get into labourers union

Very professional work environment, training and team support

Working at Kiewit was a great experience because of kind of training, and management. Managers and other employees are so cooperative and reach out to help if so required. Management is always keen to listen to any issues and resolutions, this not only include work related issues but issues at personal matter. Kiewit provided environment which is non-discriminatory, equal opportunity for growth, confidentiality and ethical behaviours by all employees and managers.

It's been a great 5 years, good experience and great people

Overall it's been a great experience working for Kiewit over the past 5 years. I have learned a lot about the construction industry and how to participate in day to day busy activities

Excellent employer

Very good - I would highly recommend. I would also think that the feelings are mutual. Please do contact them if you would like to.

Pros

Very good

Cons

A typical day at work is morning management update meetings. Development and leadership of team

This company is a co-venture partnership with multiple levels of management. Cultural differences between two companies from different world locations started as a challenge but through extensive team building at different management levels and throughout the organization solidified the team as One Team coming together to accomplish the goal for completion of a world class project.

Pros

Travel Allowance

Cons

Distance from home

Fluctuating market created an unstable work place

Seemed to be a bit of butting heads between Kiewit and Kvaerner, but a lot of good people on both sides of the table. The disastrous drop in oil prices created an unstable work environment, but in the 3 years I worked here I was always treated fair.

A well Managed enjoyable place to work

Worked as a Civil Designer for the Hebron Gravity Based Structure in the St. John's office. Worked heavily with concrete reinforcement design by making reinforcement keys to show the intensity of rebar required. Worked with a large team of management and staff from all over the world that came together to complete the design phase of the project.

Pros

Great Management

Cons

Job Security

Fun exciting atmosphere.

The people I worked with here were very friendly and helpful. I never learned anything new other than processes to complete tasks, the technology was similar to previous jobs. Most challenging was learning new processes.

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kiewit. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement