Kiewit

Kiewit Employee Reviews in Regina, SK

Regina, SK11 reviews

Found 11 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,718 reviews

mixed reviews

working in the mod yard in Edmonton was great and the guys running it did a great job. Working out of town for them though was a lot different, the organization was terrible and the would layoff people and then tell the they screwed up and hire them back on in the same day

Great culture

Lots of long term people and a great culture. Challenge if you have an issue with you management as you will work with them forever. Great challenging projects . Long long hours for salary pay.

You were well taken care of.

You were kept busy though out the day as there is always something to do. I like this because the days go faster and you were always learning new things. Safety is always first. A wide variety of job skills as we were in the business of helping construction people get their job done as safely and efficiently as possible. If you needed help, or were not sure of something, then your co-workers/management would help in anyway they could (all you had to do was ask). If and when you needed anything, (tools, materials, help etc.) they supplied it. Kiewit is all about safety and getting home to your family in the same condition you came to site. :) The hardest part, of any job, is when the project is nearing completion and your new friends/family are going on to other things. The best part of working for Kiewit was the respect they insisted that everyone have for their co-workers/job/camp life/environment/other people at the site/ and the human race in general.

Pros

Flights/camps/tools/supplies/even some cloths were covered

Cons

The pay may have been a little less than others but it was made up for in other areas

good people to work with

the job was fly in fl out they paid for all the flights.camp was clean and well organized. the job only lasted three months but it was a great job while lasted.

Pros

well organized

Cons

only seasonal work

Kiewit

I learned how to work with a variety of different people in different trades and learn new skills each day i worked there.. i enjoyed the work experience as it was different every time i came back from turn around...14 days on and 7 days off..flights were provided and also camp accomidations were...

Pros

meeting new people

Cons

waiting to fly home(time)

Work was completed in a safe and timely manner

Everything was very well organized, including transportation and accommodation. The management was respectful, and they placed a strong emphasis on safety and responsibility.

good team atmosphere

good company to work for and would work with them in the future. Lot of good people in the company and experience. work was good and the days went by fast as you were always busy.

Pros

great team

Good company, with good benefits

Good company, always great people on the various jobs I've been a part of. Good wages and competitive benefits. Most recently worked at the k+s potash mine in Regina, SK. Had a great camp and the job was full of new challenges. Great experience.

Pros

Great people, good wages, oppurtunity for advancement.

Cons

Work away from home, long flights.

overall a good company to work for

A typical day of work consists of a balance of production/safety/laughter The management that I've met are professional & good at what they do I've made lasting friendships with some of my co-workers which also made that the most enjoyable part of the job

a day at work

basically do our stretches, safety meeting in the morning and write our jha for the day then receive work from our foreman for the day then we would walk down the job and gather tools and information for the task then complete the task. we would record all material used for the day then give it to our foreman at the end of the day. sometimes i would learn stuff sometimes i would not. hardest part of my work days are probally working after breaks or when i got to walk around look for my foreman because im confused or dont know what to do.

professional company

good management and mentor program. working conditions very good and the CVIS program between craftand management is a useful tool

Pros

good wages

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kiewit. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement