Kiewit
Happiness score is 71 out of 100

Kiewit Employee Reviews in Pointe Du Bois, MB

Pointe Du Bois, MB6 reviews

Found 6 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,718 reviews

Great employee owned and operated company

My experience with management was exceptional. This company is full of talented hard working professionals. Expect long hours and many challenges as this company has no trouble giving opportunities to go-getters and can-do people.

Pros

Reward for hard work

Cons

Long hours not always for extra pay.

Good experience, hard work was expected of you, well compensated, very generous company.

Split shifts were tough, 3 am start, 8 pm finish, sometimes asked, but never expected, to work all day at other tasks. My only complaint is the lack of sleep and family life. I enjoyed the work and the camaraderie.

Pros

Prizes, overtime

Cons

Split shifts

awesome job environment

friendly people safe working environment excellent team work management is quick to act on problems when they arise. also good transport to and from job site . . I really enjoyed meeting and working with the people I've met in this company...

Pros

Paid travel time, friendly and work safe environment

Cons

n/a

Good company to work for.

Safety is foremost. They take pride in there safe work practices. Salary and benefits are also very good. Good company to work for.

Intense work environment. Fast paced and results driven.

Office/Project Control Engineer Technologist My current role is in the project controls department. My duties include: owner reports on job progress and cost, cost and budget monitoring, past and present work packages for changes in scope or issues during construction, document control, client relations, and construction discipline assistance. Fluency in: MS word, Excel, MS SharePoint, MS Project, MS OneNote, Hard Dollar, SAP, Blue beam Revu Mechanical and structures Field Engineer Technologist In the position of Mechanical Field Engineer Tech I monitored the quality and production of a subcontractor, performing Main gate and Stop log installation. The challenges of this work were extremes of weather on high precision instruments and stainless steel permanent materials, the intricacies of the work and contractor relations. In the position of Structures Field Engineer Tech I created work packages and planned for future construction. I would be given an area of work, and put together a package that included: resources, schedule, quotes for equipment and subcontracts, construction methods and all environment and safety procedures that may be necessary. I successfully created a multi-million dollar subcontract package, as well as many work packages that ran smoothly and made money. Mechanical survey Engineer Technologist In this position I aligned the Stop log and Main gate guides, during the construction of spillway piers. Off of owner supplied control in each water passage, I would set up a theodolite and high precision prisms, line in and shoot the guides. Once -

Pros

Excellent training

Cons

Extremly long hours, and winter work

Good Work, Good Pay, Mediocre Management

Great pay, hard work but well worth it. Safety is #1. Management is very disorganized and needs work.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Kiewit?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kiewit. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Kiewit with