Kiewit

Marystown, NL43 reviews

Found 43 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,719 reviews

Insights into Kiewit

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues

It was a great learning experience

Great crew I worked with, the painting superintendent was fantastic!!! Mostly an experienced team of painters, they were great at helping the inexperienced people

work advancenment possible

good place to work room for advance ment. jobs are well planed . good doucumentation. all workers treated fairly .quality work demanded.would like to work for this company again

fun place to work

was giving the option to work 14 days on and 7 days off, also paid living allowance at the time, great bunch of knowledgable people, would defintly work there again.

Marystown Kiewit

I’ve worked here in the recent years, great people good management but no job security, and a bad joke for a union. Basically they get a project about every 4 years, wish they could hook more work here to keep the locals on the Burin Peninsula employed most off the time, the union that they have there is a disaster they do nothing for you but take your dues, the union president is a charge hand over the labor’s and takes the companies side in a dispute every time, if we could over throw the union and that joke off a president then I think that place would be a much more better place to work.

hot at work

worked with offshore industry and worked with painting and sandblasting and heavy job with clean with grit and really hot when worked with sandblasting cuz keep heat for protecting with sandblasting then painting.

Cons

hot at work

Great company to work for

Great company to work for, always takes care of there employees! Great benefits and very competitive wages. lots of overtime. management is great to the employees!

Great Place to work

Great place to work, close to home. The jobs were only short contracts that was bid on by the company. Kiewit paid well and work environment was good.

Pros

Good pay with good benefits

Cons

ONly short contracts available to the company

Kiewit is the same as other big companies

Kiewit is the same as other big companies. they want the work done in a timely manner and good quality work in as little time as possible..the same as other companies

Safe work space.

This was one of my first Painting experience. Enjoyed working here. Safe and clean work space with experienced and friendly co-workers. Travel distance to and from was short.

Not a bad place to work

The hours and shifts were good. Could get overtime. Wages were good. Had good employee medical program. Could go home every evening. People were good to work with.

Pros

I was in Newfoundland

Cons

shut down now for 3 years

once in a lifetime experience

was an eye-opener. They had a very safety orientated work site including the craft voice in safety (C.V.I.S) program which was well rounded and useful.

great place to work overall

Great place to work overall. Great benefits and atmosphere was great. The site was close to my home like within driving distance so that was a plus for me. great overall!

Staff and management are very friendly

Company is very good to employees and the fact that it is close to home makes it an ideal place to work. wages and benefits are comparable with todays standards.

good workplace

Great workplace . High energy , positive attitude . Company is well run by a good management team . Daily production outtake was very good. Overall a great company to work for .

Pros

ll

good

Good safety program. Good scheduling. Fair pay . Coworkers were knowledgeable and good to work with. Managers were easy to get along with and took your concerns into consideration and gave you fair and knowledgeable answers.

Had a great time working in marystown met alot of great friendly people

I would work there again in marystown had good times and memories friendly people bus rides to and from work stopped at sobeys everynight for the people that had no vehicle there. Decent apartment with laundry facilitys offerd a gym to exercise at the old shipyard and if you wanted to go shop after work a cab was only 7 bucks cant complain one bit bosses and chargehands were good too cheers!!

Pros

Pay was good friendly people

Cons

Family life but to be expected when travelling for work

Productive work place , they offered a fitness centre to be used by employees

Great company to work for learned a lot about the construction and offshore industry. I work in different areas of the tool crib and gained a lot of experience in doing so.

Pros

BBQ for employees, safety points were offered for free items

Cons

poor parking in winter

Superintendent on the project

looking after 8 chargehands and crews making sure you had work to keep everyone busy. Attending production meeting and safety meeting. This was one of the safety jobs I work on. The hardest part of this job was getting journypersons to come to the area to work with other jobs to go to at the time.

Pros

people you were working with

Cons

Gettting skill tradepersons

good safety

I like working for this company.the money Is usually good and its usually close to home.i would relocate if this company was looking for long term workers. like alberta or western canada

Pros

good people

Cons

disorganized

Good project in a small town

Gave my hometown a great source of jobs and large income. Only wish it could've lasted longer. Work conditions were normal.

Pros

Local work with great pay

Cons

Scattered management mix-ups

Home

Very close to home which don't happen often. Home every day with the kids. Can't ask for much more. Wife loves it and the paid was very good.

Pros

Great people

Cons

Little parking

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kiewit. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Kiewit with