Kiewit

Found 6 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,716 reviews

Insights into Kiewit

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues

Awesome team, exciting projects, I recommend it to anyone who wants a real challenge and a lot of opportunities for promotions. The culture is one of camaraderie, team work and safety.

Pros

Team

Expérience enrichissante

J'ai adoré travailler à Kiewit et j'y travaillerais encore si la pandémie n'aurais pas frappé aussi fort en 2020. L'équipe est génial et très drôle, belles activités d'entreprise en tout genre. à par le système informatique utilisé c'est vraiment une belle place à travailler. J'ai adoré mon expérience. Il y a aucune journée typique !

Pros

Belle ambiance, travaille interessant, variété, opportunité.

Cons

diner trop long (1h pour moi c'est trop), intranet est trop pêle mêle

I enjoy the everyday challenges and the team work attitude. I have always felt I have someone watching out for me..even at a higher level than just my direct supervisor. I have had plenty of opportunities to gain more knowledge over the past 4 years as well as being given many opportunities to share my ideas and concerns. Excellent feedback at review time and a chance to reach out when there are negative things that effect my work. As for my direct reports they are very respectful and have an open door attitude so I dont feel alone and on my own. Probably the best work atmosphere ever !!

Pros

excellent benefits

Cons

Nothing to report for now

Excellent place to work

Excellent place to work. Favors group collaboration and use of one's initiative. I had lots of support at the beginning To learn the appropriate software required and support when my supervisor was away on sick leave. I now have 2 new bosses and they are great individuals who have helped me better my skills and knowledge.

Pros

Excellent salary and benefits.

Cons

Not into part time work

Always been on challenging projects

I worked at Kiewit for over 36 years all across Canada and in New York City. The hardest part of the job was to be away from the family most of the time as most projects were remote job site with a rotation schedule (ex: 3 weeks on site and 1 week off).

Pros

Good salary

Cons

Long hours and working at remote job sites for most of my career

Hardest Part is also the fun part of the job...a personal choice.

Hardest part is balancing life and work. But if you are ok travelling, there is no problem! Project work is actually the best part. So, it is up to you to determine how you want to balance it all. If family is mobile, it can greatly help.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kiewit. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement