Kiewit

Kiewit Employee Reviews in Fort Saskatchewan, AB

Fort Saskatchewan, AB10 reviews

Found 10 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,716 reviews

Outside work up at IPL Petrochemical plant

Bused in and out of site, you would think that it is good , but in reality its not. You don't get home until 630pm after working since 7 am and being on t bus for 40 min before that. Weekly pay was nice. Typcial Industrial Job, lot of brown nosing and ego fuel ed managers. The head of the electrical department is run by a mechanical engineer that likes to bully people

Very good

i Lake. Company KIEWIT good safety and quality i do lots of welding joints stainless steel and carbon steel my x-ray report always good management people respect each other

Poorly managed

From the minute you step out of the orientation you can feel the stress. They talk safety but production is always number. Management is not based on skill but who you know. Superintendents for regulated trades aren’t always knowledgeable in that trade and in some cases are engineers of a different discipline. They hire friends in one door and lay off good workers through another, sometimes the same week or day.

Pros

Safety rodeo’s and swag

Cons

Inconsistency and poor management

Stressful and chaotic work environment.

Kiewit cares more about schedule and looking good to the client than the workers. Management treats the workers like dirt , only a select few care. The people that Kiewit puts in supervisory positions is a joke. Scaffolders as construction mangers, apprentices as foreman with zero experience , labourers as piping superintendents who threatened all of our jobs to our face and when anybody dared speak up or say anything she would fire us or lay us off. She screamed at us daily and if we did not hit a PF of 1 we thought we would be fired. Followed her exact instructions and she didn’t like it so she set me down then fired me . When anything goes wrong top management will throw any worker or foreman directly under the bus to cover their own incompetent actions. Kiewit is one of the most toxic companies to work for with a terrible culture and low morale . They cancelled our pension contributions and gave us a lame excuse. We no longer get any money into our pension as of a year ago and company matched rrsp was cancelled so your left with a terrible wage and weak benefits.

Pros

Decent safety prizes to be won.

Cons

Terrible management and supervision

Gone down hill

worked for Kiewit in 2013 and it was awesome, pay was great, shift was great and managenent was respectful and knew their stuff Now the pay is low Constantly being threatened to be written up or fired, too many white hats and safety coming up with assinine procedures that make it almost impossible to do the simplest tasks. Rrsp and pension match removed without consent

Pros

i guess its a paycheck

Cons

Low pay, poor management

In experienced superiors are leading the job. Most of them are buddies , In experience shows in safety also. Complicated safety rules making unsafe work atmosphere.

Poor mangement

Very poor management and admin staff and get the run around when confronted with their mistakes. Make sure to check your ROE before leaving if they lay you off. They will state you quit and causes issues for EI.

Great culture

Lots of long term people and a great culture. Challenge if you have an issue with you management as you will work with them forever. Great challenging projects . Long long hours for salary pay

Good place to learn

Very safety orientated …..training for everthing and all ……………………………………………………………………………………………………………….busybut usually organized to at least some degree...

top of the game

one of the best.its a huge construction company at the top of there game better than all the others top 5 world wide.They treat there employees very well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kiewit. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement