Kiewit

Found 75 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,716 reviews

Insights into Kiewit

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues

Kiewit

Loved working for them but organization was not very good. They preached the safety mentality until it was inconvenient for them. Loved the pay but my shifts changed a lot as I was a supervisor

BEST Company ever and would love to work there again...

The absolute BEST company to work for and the most amazing coworkers. Would LOVE the opportunity to work for Kiewit again. Management was great as well.... ....Worked as Janitorial on the MLMR site and absolutely loved it......

Pros

Great living in camp, both myself and my husband worked there, everything being free, Meals were delicious every day, just a great overall experience with flights right to Newfoundland was a bonus

Cons

Can't say I had any cons. Was the best experience ever.

Rewarding

I like Kiewet! They are awesome to work with! You can progress in your career at a good pace and the safety culture is second to none.The big projects I’ve. Even on have been fun!

Pros

Great work environment

Cons

A lot of red tape on sites but still a good work environment!

Worst company I've ever worked for in my entire life

Way too many upper management, glass ego douchbags. way more than your average site. mass layoffs cuz they hired so many people to finish the project that they couldnt even keep track of staff during lay offs.alot of people didnt find out until they were at the airport, thanks kiewit "Suck It" i would work for you again but you would just be my side b***h till somethin better came along

Good CompNy

Solid focused energetic dynamic company - glad I had the opportunity to work for them . Good leaders and focused job descriptions left little doubt as to my job accountability, responsibilities and career advancement path. Safety and Quality were instilled and honored by all leaders and coworkers.

Management was in chaos

Management was crippled by personal considerations. Nepotism and inappropriate relationships were the order of the day. Lost the next phase of the contract because management was in such chaos and let fickle matters derail any real progress. Otherwise it was a good job.

Good company to work for.

Good company to work for. The whole team was grate. Had a good time there made some friends some fake some good. Learnt a lot of stuff. Got a second career as an instrumentation mechanic even though I was hired as a journeyman electrician Will definitely recommend to anyone thinking of working. Because of family reason I would have applied to work for them again.

gained experienced

nice to worked with this company, gained experience. sufficient salary, benefits are good. Safety first all the time, they care with the employees well being during work and at home.

Good Company

Provides a safe environment to its employees. Management is hands on with craft. Very professional company that believes a knowledgeable worker is a valuable worker

Great Culture

Best people to work with, family come first with Kiewit and the money is good, days off is always a good schedule, not enough work to keep you busy all the time is the only downside

Construction work in the oil sands

Decent company, good pay. Hard on family life working away and living in a camp. Lots of bonuses for staying and returning after turnarounds. Lots of oppurinty for training.

productive and fun.

days where long had alot of fun. I worked with the crane operator with the rigging. had alot of input on the pouring of concrete and worked myself on up to lead hand. everyone respected on another and job safty was our number one priority.

what a joke

the only way to get moved in this company is if you are a drinking buddy with the supervisor and just do what they say no matter if they are right or wrong......... will just leave it at that.

Kiewit is a very good company.

It is my first times work at oil site, Kiewit is a very good company. Great job, great salary, great security, great management, great culture, great company!

Excellent safety culture

Good safety culture. No security unless your staff. Lots of work opportunities, but are trying to cut cost by hiring local. Cutting out flights. All new equipment

Pros

Big company with lots of projects

Cons

Trying to hire only locally

No complaints

They took good care of me while working for them. Camp job but the hours were reasonable with a fly in fly out rotation. Learned a lot and was given chances to expand my skill set

Nights and Cold

We were on the night shift for most of the schedule although we did work days a few times. The gang was pretty amiable and someone was always cracking jokes. Kiewit is a large world wide conglomerate and has projects around the world. It was winter in Canada at the time so the nights were especially cold. Met some nice guys while there. I thought the management could have been better.

Great company, Great people

Great company to have worked for. very safe feeling environment, with a full support system to let you know, you are backed fully by the safety system. a company who believes their workers and their safety record are the reason for success.

Challenging and productive in planning,implementation and execution.

Piping planning work. Very challenging. Management is very responsive and treat safety as the first priority. The hardest work is doing field inspection on winter season.

very busy

another job in fort Murray where i was very busy none stop jumping from machine to machine even picking up rakes and shovels to get where the machine couldn't go was fun hard but all worth it

great company to work with,

respect for there workers ,goes above and beyond to keep saftey first,worked with keiwit on many projects would return again when work becomes avaible

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kiewit. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement