Kiewit

Kiewit Employee Reviews in Coquitlam, BC

Coquitlam, BC8 reviews

Found 8 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,718 reviews

Nice working environment.

Gives me lots of opportunities to learn on different methods of construction, autocad drawings, precast construction and other road works construction.

productive and very safe place to work

This is a job where I have learned with a lot of effort the culture of safety in the full sense of the word. very safe and happy when i finish and go home

a great work enviroment with new potentials to learn everyday

Great working atmosphere with a variety of challenges one may encounter on a daily basis. Fasted paced work majority of the time, yet with a very hard working crew, daily duties were well managed.

Great company to work for, very team oriented employees.

I loved the experience of working for Kiewit Infrastructure. All employees I worked with were professional and helpful in getting my job done. I would love the opportunity to be employed by them again.

Pros

Great people, and supervisors

Cons

none......no pressure

Great people and alot of great perks to be a happy and productive employee.

I can't say anything bad about the company. Its project related so the project came to an end and there was no where to place me. I learned how to work productively with managers. I started off working there solely as time card entry. I entered timecards for the craft employees and at its perk it was about 800 plus employees. I moved up to payroll and was responsible to see that all those 800 employees were paid on time and accurately. I then was moved to the Safety Team and worked along side the safety manager who I learned was a great mentor.

Pros

Free lunch every Friday. Great benefits package. Great people to work with.

Cons

They had no where to place me.

Wonderful company to be apart of....

Receiving checklists (work done out in the field) from the field engineers, and quality managers daily . I worked directly for the Quality Department. aprox 65 men and women in this department. Scan and file all documents to the P Drive and Centric (for owners and final resting place for documents. I also was responsible for the batching and filing of the mobile testing done on concrete, soil and asphalt, in the field. The work on this project was done from environmental to finish .(embankment, poly styrene fill, drainage, barriers, walls and paving. I am very familiar with all aspects of structures also. I had a manager for the first 2 years, she left for maternity, and I was managing the Document Control Dept. until job was finished. I enjoyed my co-workers very much, and got along very well with each and every one of them, even under the pressure, which was most of the project. The hardest part of the job was, getting each segment of the project filed on a tight time limit.... and that also was the most enjoyable and satisfying part of my job!

Pros

Learning something new each and everyday...no days were ever the same!

Cons

Unfortunatly, these jobs eventually are complete, and have to end.

Hard work but great team work

Great job hard work. Good benefits. lots of overtime. good people to work with.

55+ hour workweek for 40 hours salary

If you are interested in joining a company where you will be working all the time and not being paid for it, then this is just the company for you. I was told I would be working a 40 hour work week. Upon joining I noticed everyone works 50 hours a week. Add to that unpaid overtime and a compliance policy that it soaked in fear that few people in supervisory positions adhere to and you will be looking for different work just after you start. The "Christian" "union" although it looks like it supports the workers, it actually works for Kiewit. They are the same entity and work together to protect themselves, not you. Add to that extra unpaid meetings in the morning in exchange for coffee and donuts. It is what it is. They get away with it because it's an American company operating in Canada. Their response to not paying overtime was to pay it, but reduce wages. Win/Win for them and the "union", not for you. Lots of promises, hardly ever keeping to them.

Pros

get to build something

Cons

they own you, or at least they will pretend they do

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kiewit. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Kiewit with