Kiewit

Kiewit Employee Reviews in Calgary, AB

Calgary, AB45 reviews

Found 45 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,718 reviews

Strict place

Micromanagement and strict. Have to be at your computer at exactly 8am until 5pm. Not allowed to leave a early. Very toxic work environment and high school culture.

Pros

Some nice events

Cons

Long hours, micromanagement atmosphere

Good management and good projects

Its as simple as that, they build strong teams. The collaborations and the work is rewarding. They are rigid arounds ome things but its because they hire a lot of new grads and the culture is structured to help them suceed. Promotions are possible and are genuinely merit based.

Pros

Good wages

Cons

Rigid structures

An excellent company

I had a great Experience working with Kiewit last summer as a surveyor on the Calgary ring road project. It was a very safe and collaborative work environment. I found the supervisors and Forman to be helpful and professional.

Installing scaffolds the best company for safety

That was a scaffolder for the company fly-in fly-out 14/7 One of the best companies in the world for safety the only downside is the weather in the Summers when it gets too hot or in the winter gets too cold

Pros

Safety is their number one

Cons

Only thing you are away from your family for 14 days straight

Great company !

Work hard and you will be rewarded with success ! Be truthful of your operator experience . A company that cares for its workers and room for advancement !

good company but bad calgary branch

good company overall but calgary branch need to clean office first.management bad very bad .job site not as safe as have to be they ask to much from people fr not reasonable money .

Meaningful work, terrible management

The quality of work I was doing was great, management was not. Did not care for your needs just your expectations. Felt pressured into moving around the country regularly, passive aggressiveness was seen daily through the manager.

Excellent learning opportunity

I was fortunate enough to do my entire apprenticeship with Kiewit. It was a great learning experience and I really enjoyed being well compensated to learn. I would recommend this company to anyone.

Good company to work for.

Relaxed, Very OH & S complient. Management seemed to be knowledgeable. Great team to work for in KEARL Lake at Imperial Oil Project. Weekly rewards for Safety.

Productive, Fast paced, friendly work enviornment

Working for Kiewit was challenging but rewarding work. Very fast paced, ever changing work. Every team member was helpful and friendly. Would definitely recommend working for Kiewit.

Awesome Place

for the time i was up north,and first time out in the field it was a experience on its own. the work force along side management was awesome. Great people to work for and i would do it again! Everyday was something new, challenging, and the people you meet with the level of experience was amazing and really helped me in my trade very knowledgeable. yes you do get the management clash with the work force but that is every where else. for the amount of years i have been in the trade and seen some management clashes. Kiewit by far has very little, they know there is unseen problems that may arise and they deal with it very professionally.

Challenging and rewarding

Good safety culture Really enjoy working with my crew and others Lots of hours, good pay and benefits, pension Hope to stay on after SWCRR project is over

Kiewit

Kiewit is a great work environment, with great benefit. Pay could be better but with the economy they are very fair. People are great to work with friendly and kind. Hard to get upper management involved in things.

They will hire you then will let you go for no reason

Not the best place to work , not safe workplace. With stressful environment . Extreme long hours ,Poor management un respectful team, so many hidden information like the record of employment they edit it without contacting with the employees

Cons

Extreme long hours, no safety at the work place

Good people and craft to work with

i've been working there for just over 2 years and i've met lots of great people to work with and that really take pride in there work and enjoy working there. They also allow you lots of room to grow with the company.

Not really happy with Kiewit

This company is a very big company and I suppose each branch would be different to some extent from the other, but I wasn't really happy with the Calgary branch as they were not what they said would be.

Poorly organized from mngmt. Hired as an operator, only operated a shovel. No agreement or focus on what needs to be done. Good co-workers.

The job posting is a lie. You will be hired as an operator, but will do nothing but labourer work. Supervisors can't agree what takes priority. You will move job focus 8-10 times per shift and accomplish little to nothing No wonder the ring rd is so far behind schedule. This company is a total farce and disorganized cluster fk. from the the top down and should be reported to whomever is paying for the project. The only good thing about working here is the people you work with.

Pros

Pay, coworkers

Cons

Everything else...

A joke

Managment has no idea what there doing more equipment sits than works have there plans arnt correct. Hire a bunch of operators and stick them in equipment they ither wernt hired to run or equipment labouors normally run. Have nice new equipment and gps equipment but cant use it cuz that requires prep and actual plans calgary ring road project is a joke seen more ppl quit than stay. Been on one crew with 5 different formans in the last 3 weeks. They should wake up before they lose tgis whole project at this rate they wount make it for 2020

Pros

Nice new gear

Cons

Everything else

mixed

I have given a rating for this company, and feel it to be inappropriate to discuss why I actually feel that way . Its a great spot to if you can devote all of your time to it.

Difficult workplace environment.

The expectation is to go above and beyond but there is little appreciation when you do. Poor systems to manage your work. Management would rather lie to you than tell you the truth about the companies future work potential. They are very reluctant to give you the bad news.

Pros

Good work experience to be gained

Cons

Where do I start.

Great place to get a good overall exposure to corporate business

great company to work for including great benefits and employee appreciation days and swag. Management was good and well structured. Hours were normal and the people that work there are also fantastic.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kiewit. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Kiewit with