Kiewit
Happiness score is 71 out of 100

Kiewit Employee Reviews in Burnaby, BC

Burnaby, BC8 reviews

Found 8 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,716 reviews

I find it is fun working with a group of good people

I started seven months ago, it has been different kind of place to work. Never worked for a company that has safety first and go home safe. It's been difficult at time and fun place to work.

High energy, production based environment.

Sink or swim environment. Those who are cut out for the industry are rewarded well and those who are not, realize it quickly. In such a large organization people can fall through the cracks so it is up to you to make yourself useful.

Pros

Professional development

Cons

Unorganized

Great place to start your career

I really enjoy working for Kiewit. They provide the best training for your employees and career advancement is rapid provided you put in the work. You get to build challenging projects with great co-workers.

Pros

Training and mentorship

Cons

work life balance and move culture

Great experiance

Good company to work for if you want to learn. if you are willing to try new things, they are willing to train you. Work life balance is good, holidays, sick time and personal time off. It can be long hours, but for me was worth it for the time off. Pay was decent, was worth it for the experience i could put on a future resume. A lot of micromanaging, but culture and moral were high. They plan a lot of outings and lunches for employees.

Pros

Experience, free lunches

Cons

it was a Great company to work for until the jobs in BC dried out for the Company.

Working at Kiewit was a great learning experience. I enjoyed the variety of work on the Port Mann Bridge. I was part building the bridge, the demolition of the old bridge and the Marine work. I took care of the barges and worked with tug boat operations. I learned to work with explosives, pile driving, iron working, welding, and all the Marine operations. I got along with the Iron Workers and Tug Boat Operators. Hardest part of the job was working at Camp when the Port Mann bridge was done because I had to be away from my family. But I enjoyed learning how to operate loaders. It was a great learning experience.

Pros

learning a variety of new aspects in construction

Cons

loss of job

Relaxing enviroment, easy to get along with team

Enter information into spreadsheet and update information how to view diagrams for drawings very nice and understanding managers very nice and easy to get a long with hardest part none most enjoyable was no pressure for getting work done

Pros

Free lunches provided by company

Cons

was doing different work every nite

i learn many ways to operate small equipment as mini skidsteer to 450 size excavators. learn how to work in civil major road construction.

Pros

have safety meetings weekly

Cons

had pay much attention since work along live freeway traffic

Productive job

Performed duties such as load, unload and transport construction materials.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kiewit. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement