Kiewit Employee Reviews

Safe work space.
Painter/Sandblaster (Former Employee) –  Marystown, NL25 May 2018
This was one of my first Painting experience. Enjoyed working here. Safe and clean work space with experienced and friendly co-workers. Travel distance to and from was short.
Great people, paid flights good camps superior safety culture
Senior Labourer, (Former Employee) –  Bethune, SK22 May 2018
Best safety culture I have ever worked in
emphasis on ability and on the job certifications for equipment
preventative maintenance schedules
good camps
paid flights
job security based on availability of work
Pros
paid flights
Oil field life
Heavy Equipment Operator Lead hand (Former Employee) –  Kearl Lake, AB7 May 2018
Remote locations in camp away from home. Pay is great but a huge disconnect between field workers and management. Uncertainty of how long your job will be there.
Again no complaints
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Bull Arm, NL2 May 2018
I have no complaints about this company either. I loved all the jobs I had here in Newfoundland, I wish I had more opportunities to work in my province.
great company to work for
Electrical Foreman (Former Employee) –  Alberta24 April 2018
great company to work for had many years with them in northern alberta they treat everyone the same which allowed for a great morale among the workers and the management
Not a bad place to work
Chargehand/Scaffolder.inspector (Former Employee) –  Marystown, NL20 April 2018
The hours and shifts were good. Could get overtime. Wages were good. Had good employee medical program. Could go home every evening. People were good to work with.
Pros
I was in Newfoundland
Cons
shut down now for 3 years
Poor work/life balance
Field Engineer/ Estimator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 April 2018
Expected to always put work first and involves working long hours for low compensation when out on projects away from home. When working locally in the office the pay is fair and hours are acceptable. Good RRSP matching and benefits.
Benefits
Cons
Working away
nice place to work
Senior Structural Engineer (contract) (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL10 April 2018
I was working as contractor. Lots of overtime. The leads know there stuff. I recommend this place. I would definitely work there again. Work with some Norwegian for the 1st time and they are very competent. Good sense of humor.
Pros
lots of work. People incline to help
Cons
Could quite stressful at time.
If you want a career in the Trades it is an excelent place to be.
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB7 April 2018
A typical day at Kiewit at the Module Yard in Sherwood Park was an adventure from Day one. As an electrician I was given duties that I was able to accomplish as well as challenges. You usually get split up into groups and you may put heat trace on the module or do grounding chores or put in cable tray as needed. It is an Industrial Environment so you have to be ready for anything. The safety culture is good and so is the management team. The hardest part of the job is your going to get dirty sometimes you have to be a welder's helper and even layout part of the Module so the Welder can
weld in C Channel as needed for structural and even Strut for installation of the cable tray. At the end of the day you feel like you have accomplished something. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know everyone going to the Company get together's and getting a Turkey and a safety bonus at the end of the Year.
Pros
Lots of work when things are booming.
Cons
In any Construction business there are layoff's when the work is done.
mixed
Travel Coordinator (Former Employee) –  calgary15 March 2018
I have given a rating for this company, and feel it to be inappropriate to discuss why I actually feel that way . Its a great spot to if you can devote all of your time to it.
once in a lifetime experience
Ironworker/Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Marystown, NL14 March 2018
was an eye-opener. They had a very safety orientated work site including the craft voice in safety (C.V.I.S) program which was well rounded and useful.
Great company, Great people
Steamfitter-pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB2 March 2018
Great company to have worked for. very safe feeling environment, with a full support system to let you know, you are backed fully by the safety system. a company who believes their workers and their safety record are the reason for success.
great place to work overall
Millwright Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Marystown, NL11 February 2018
Great place to work overall. Great benefits and atmosphere was great. The site was close to my home like within driving distance so that was a plus for me. great overall!
Hardest Part is also the fun part of the job...a personal choice.
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Laval, QC9 February 2018
Hardest part is balancing life and work. But if you are ok travelling, there is no problem! Project work is actually the best part. So, it is up to you to determine how you want to balance it all.

If family is mobile, it can greatly help.
Responsable d'équipe / Ingénieur Chantier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 February 2018
Management avec beaucoup d'expérience. Compagnie agréable mais vous devez être prêt a vous faire relocaliser.
Pros
Esprit d'équipe
Cons
Vie de famille = 0
Strongly culture oriented
Piping - Insulation Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Long Harbour, NL4 February 2018
Kiewit is really oriented on culture and developement of their employees.

Learning is integral part of Kiewit.
Possibility of changing position after a certain amount of time in the current one to experience other fields.
Challenging and productive in planning,implementation and execution.
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB24 January 2018
Piping planning work. Very challenging. Management is very responsive and treat safety as the first priority. The hardest work is doing field inspection on winter season.
Productive and relaxed work environment, tight deadlines
Estimator (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON22 January 2018
Good team participation and support on projects. Demanding work schedule and extended travel. Can be tough on family life if you have wife/husband and kids.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Demanding hours
Staff and management are very friendly
Warehouse Personnel/Operator (Former Employee) –  Marystown, NL18 January 2018
Company is very good to employees and the fact that it is close to home makes it an ideal place to work. wages and benefits are comparable with todays standards.
very busy
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB17 January 2018
another job in fort Murray where i was very busy none stop jumping from machine to machine even picking up rakes and shovels to get where the machine couldn't go was fun hard but all worth it

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kiewit. Our community is ready to answer.