Kiewit
Happiness score is 68 out of 100

Kiewit Employee Reviews

Found 566 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,700 reviews

Fun workplace

Competitive workplaceWorking more than typical 40h a weekLots of responsibilitiesCompany will provide great opportunities if you are a good performer. It is a meritocracy and rewards it's best performer. Great benefit package.

Good company to work for.

Fair pay for you work. Open to ideas and change. More like a family than an employer. Great people to work with. Supplied tools, good safety culture. Organized

productive and very safe place to work

This is a job where I have learned with a lot of effort the culture of safety in the full sense of the word. very safe and happy when i finish and go home

Expérience enrichissante

J'ai adoré travailler à Kiewit et j'y travaillerais encore si la pandémie n'aurais pas frappé aussi fort en 2020. L'équipe est génial et très drôle, belles activités d'entreprise en tout genre. à par le système informatique utilisé c'est vraiment une belle place à travailler. J'ai adoré mon expérience. Il y a aucune journée typique !

Pros

Belle ambiance, travaille interessant, variété, opportunité.

Cons

diner trop long (1h pour moi c'est trop), intranet est trop pêle mêle

Good management and good projects

Its as simple as that, they build strong teams. The collaborations and the work is rewarding. They are rigid arounds ome things but its because they hire a lot of new grads and the culture is structured to help them suceed. Promotions are possible and are genuinely merit based.

Pros

Good wages

Cons

Rigid structures

Productive and fun place to work.

I enjoyed the work and the people I worked with. Management was well trained to help and keep you safe. I would definitely recommend Kiewit for a career choice if your safety minded and family oriented.

Good experience, hard work was expected of you, well compensated, very generous company.

Split shifts were tough, 3 am start, 8 pm finish, sometimes asked, but never expected, to work all day at other tasks. My only complaint is the lack of sleep and family life. I enjoyed the work and the camaraderie.

Pros

Prizes, overtime

Cons

Split shifts

Good hours good pay

Very good hours and a good pay can make a lot of overtime and almost always work year around great benefits since they hire through the union however such a big company sometimes it is unorganized

Pros

Overtime

Cons

No set schedule never know what time your done

Snot nosed children management

They say safety, until they need something done then it’s no safety. The dump truck they had me run had a serious issue with air pressure bleeding off to the point of being immobile. Then these petty little children playing at supervisors don’t want to hear it. Safety is a huge short coming with management. They short hours and pay. Never seen any job run so poorly.

Pros

Full stop when it rains

Cons

Field supervisors are a clique with no clue

Very good

i Lake. Company KIEWIT good safety and quality i do lots of welding joints stainless steel and carbon steel my x-ray report always good management people respect each other

great safety culture

At Kiewit they just dont say it they do it !! great people great plan ,great execution !! Loved the planning in the work felt heard by peers, and management .

Pros

Awards for safety weekly

Cons

the job ended

Typical Construction Site

Trades of all levels worked safely together. Excellent communication maintained with management for the duration of the project. Project was run with the utmost efficiency.

BEST Company ever and would love to work there again...

The absolute BEST company to work for and the most amazing coworkers. Would LOVE the opportunity to work for Kiewit again. Management was great as well.... ....Worked as Janitorial on the MLMR site and absolutely loved it......

Pros

Great living in camp, both myself and my husband worked there, everything being free, Meals were delicious every day, just a great overall experience with flights right to Newfoundland was a bonus

Cons

Can't say I had any cons. Was the best experience ever.

Great guys to work with

You work in a very fast pace to get things done right the first time so you have to go back to don’t do it all over again and keep your peace of equipment clean and tidy and fallow all safety rule and regulations and it will just find

Pros

Sometimes

Cons

12 hour days

Inconsistent company policies.

Terrible management. Inconsistent in discipline. Management is production over safety. Not a safe contractor to work for. Payroll consistently wrong and nobody ever corrected it until the last paycheck. Green engineers in positions of management and superintendents that are completely disingaged.

It was a great learning experience

Great crew I worked with, the painting superintendent was fantastic!!! Mostly an experienced team of painters, they were great at helping the inexperienced people

Poorly managed

From the minute you step out of the orientation you can feel the stress. They talk safety but production is always number. Management is not based on skill but who you know. Superintendents for regulated trades aren’t always knowledgeable in that trade and in some cases are engineers of a different discipline. They hire friends in one door and lay off good workers through another, sometimes the same week or day.

Pros

Safety rodeo’s and swag

Cons

Inconsistency and poor management

productivity

working kiewit was very meaningful and it is fair in terms of environment, safety and integrity. cooperation works and management. training improving skills.

Pros

drinking and coffee

Cons

overtime

Turn around and dont get in because of salary given

Kiewit cares more about management and looking good to the client than the workers.Management treats the workers like dirt , only a select few care. The people that Kiewit puts in supervisory positions is a joke. They have upervisors and foremans with zero experience and who threatened all of our jobs to our face and when anybody dared speak up or say anything they would fired you, like they did with me because of my honest oponion of useless paperwork that nobody reads.When anything goes wrong top management will throw any worker or foreman directly under the bus to cover their own incompetent actions. Kiewit is one of the most toxic companies to work for with a terrible culture and low morale . They cancelled the pension contributions and gave lame excuse.

Pros

pay rates

Cons

all the company

Rewarding

I like Kiewet! They are awesome to work with! You can progress in your career at a good pace and the safety culture is second to none.The big projects I’ve. Even on have been fun!

Pros

Great work environment

Cons

A lot of red tape on sites but still a good work environment!

The work place encouraging to acquire more skills and knowledge.

Over all a great place to work with safety culture. Supervisors are helpful with long years experience and trouble shooting. The safety lessons one can imbibe will be a great asset in career.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kiewit. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement