Kiehl's Since 1851 Employee Reviews

Fun Place to work
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 April 2017
Amazing products and very generous discount, but for non salary there are no health benefits or option to buy into any. Management structure is off, never meet any in almost year of working there.
Horrible place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 March 2017
Such a terrible work environment.
Upper management doesn't care about you as an employee and nothing you complete is good enough. Pay is low for the amount of tasks to complete. Upper management expects you to complete an unattainable amount of tasks and every criticism is negative.
Was constantly told "not good enough" while other managers spend their whole day sitting in the office playing on their phone. Store manager is incompetent and requests completely illogical tasks.
Do not recommend working here.
Pros
Only the beginning
Cons
Incompetent managers, terrible life
I wish I can give 0 to the company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC27 February 2017
I worked for Kiel's for about a year as a part time sales associate. Throughout that year, the store went through 2 assistant managers. The store was run for a few months with no manager. By the time I had been there for 4 months, I was the only one who was still there since I started. We would get in trouble if we didn't make goals yet there was little to no traffic in the store. It wasn't unheard of to work a 5 hour evening shift and not have one customer in the store. When I asked for full time hours, I was given 12 hours a week then told there were no hours and then a week later, they were complaining they didn't have enough staff and would hire a new person. I'm surprised I lasted that long. Management throughout the whole company was such a joke. Only heard from them when it was something negative.

Toxic work environment with terrible policies, only co-workers are friendly
Pros
Discount for employees
Cons
No hours, no understanding, unreasonable expectations, stressful and disrespect
More you do, less you receive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ontario22 February 2017
Terrible management, never give you your shifts on time and if there is any reason to terminate they will claim its for attendance so they dont have to pay severance.
Expect you to know everything
Great Job to get a head in retail
Boutique Manager (Current Employee) –  Canada16 July 2016
Kiehl's is all about promoting from within - From sales associate to store management. They invest heavily in education with several seminars each year.

The only disappointing aspect is once you hold the title of store manager, there is no room for advancement, nor is there any real development once you are in the SM role.

Store managers travel twice a year to Montreal, and sometimes other places (Ottawa, New York, Las Vegas to name a few) for sales meetings and events which is a great added bonus.

The teams are very much like a family.

The education process is not suited to all people - its a lot of work - so you have to be dedicated, and want a future promotion. The job of a KCR (sales associate) really isn't for everyone.