Kids U

Kids U Pay & Benefits reviews

Positive Workplace
Jr right Brain Assistant (Current Employee) –  Strathmore, AB8 February 2019
I have worked for this company for 1.5 years at the Strathmore location. I came from a place that didn't appreciate their staff, and came to an atmosphere that was appreciative, happy, respected, cared about, warm, listen to, and all around great place to work. When there is an issue I got directly to my PS and she deals with it immediately. I have learned SO much about the Reggio Philosophy from the PS, and the workshops we do every 3 months. I didn't know anything about it coming into Kids U and now I feel I can run my own room. The hardest part of my job I would have to say would be the different behaviors children can have, however, my PS and co-workers have supported me help me learn new strategies to make it easier to work with. The most enjoyable part for me when it comes to Kids U Strathmore is I LOVE everyone one I work with. We are a small little family who supports each other in, struggles and accomplishments. We are praised at every step we take.
Enjoyable place to work.
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 February 2019
I enjoy working for this company in McKnight campus. Working days go quickly and I enjoy how You are made part of the team. I have received a lot of support throughout my time there when ever issues have raised.
The staff is very friendly and easily approachable and will support you, as well as the management, when needed.
I have learnt that You need to be yourself, everyone has their strengths and weaknesses, but it is all accepted and that’s how the teamwork is created as well as great help is given to improve.
The most enjoyable part is to see the big smiles on the children’s faces every day as well as the bonds that are created between the staff to work as a unit to make it the best learning environment for the chIldren as well as for each-other.
Pros
Friendly staff, good benefits, supportiveness, fun, creativeness
Growing company with many opportunities for advancement!
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 March 2018
I have been working for Kids U for almost 2 years now, as a staff member on the administrative side of center operations. Kids U's approach to teaching is what brought me to the Center as a parent, but I joined the Team after learning about the philosophy in each learning environment and saw first hand, the amazing benefits of the program! If you are passionate about teaching children and encouraging life-long learning, Kids U is the place for you!

Because of the high demands of the job and the specific and structured programming we offer children and families, Kids U is not always the right fit for everyone. I see many negative reviews here, but also feel like many people take on a classroom position with us with the expectations of a daycare. KIDS U IS NOT A DAY CARE! And when one comes in with a day care approach, they are quickly overwhelmed by the expectations of the Center/classrooms.

As with any expanding company, Kids U did experienced some growing pains. I have seen and experienced a huge difference within the company within the last 6-8 months. Issues we were facing in regards to payroll, communication, management etc. have greatly improved and the support structure that has been implemented since the new school year have made a huge difference.

I am so thankful that my son was able to benefit from this program and that I am able to go to work each day and make an impact on young minds!
Pros
Opportunities for advancement, growing company
Cons
Center transfers dependant on Company's need (personal con)
Great Company
Kids U Staff Member (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 March 2018
Kids U is a great company that invests a lot into the children in the school. The programming is fantastic offering different curriculum and all the teachers in the program are great people to work with! Everyone is very passionate about what they do and it is a joy to work with all the teachers.

Class sizes are large which can be challenging, but everyone stays positive!
Pros
Benefits, Child Care Discounts, Great staff
Horrible environment and no work life balance
Job (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 July 2015
Too much work for very little pay. No acknowledgement of hard work. no raises. Pay always comes late. Not run properly. Horrible management.
Pros
nothing