Kids U

Teaching Assistant4 reviews
Canada4 reviews

philosophykidteacherchildcampusdevelopmentparentprogram

Fun place to work

I have been working with Kids U for two years. The job is very rewarding for those with a passion for working with kids, and management is always receptive to new ideas and approaches from staff through frequent meetings and professional days where they gather input. I see opportunities for career growth at Kids U which has also encouraged my own personal educational development. The company has always provided a flexible working environment for me in terms of vacations, doctors appointments etc. We have a good team environment, and I consider most of my colleagues as friends. The major challenge is high turnover.

Okay if you don't have a life

The co workers were amazing. They're why I stayed as long as I did. The company expects you to work constantly, do tons of time for free, and have no life at all. Lots of after hours meetings and work sent home.

Pros

Great staff

Cons

Way too much work

Insights into Kids U

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

Great Place

Kids U is an amazing atmosphere to work in and be a child in! I have worked with Kids U since April 2019 as a Float Teacher and writing this review as a Movement Teachers Assistant— so there is always opportunities to move up with this company! The staff are all First Aid trained and CPR certified, Police and Vulnerable Area Sector Checked as well as a minimum of Level One/Child Development Assistant Certification in the field of Early Childhood Education. The staff really care about the children as well as each other! The admin staff are always so friendly and caring. Everyone really shares in creating such a positive environment for everyone who walks in and out of Kids U! Kids U really assesses and tends to the children’s developmental needs. Based on those needs a custom schedule is created for each child within our three different philosophy themed rooms (Reggio/Right Brain, Montessori/Left Brain and our Movement Classrooms). I highly recommend Kids U as a place of work and a place of Child Education and Care!

All children are unique, playful, funny . I’m smiling

I’m so busy to work every day. Preparing different materials for art, books, puzzles as focusing our themes. I really appreciate all management specially who is director to work hard also listening our problems, Trying to understand our job. We are working together. Usually 4 teachers We know we have to co operate each other But that’s too hardest part of my job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kids U. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement