Kids U

Kids U Employee Reviews for Teacher

Teacher15 reviews
Canada15 reviews

philosophykidteacherchildcampusdevelopmentparentprogram

Support office is the actual problem

Upper management has very clear favourites. There is a very big disconnect between “support office” staff and then campus. While sites may be fine, they make staff so miserable even while being so disconnected. Certain people have no organization, no compassion, and no professionalism to treat people who are making them the money and generating business form them to have a useless position (ie: a director of directors, assistant to a director of directors) Too many people running things that have no clue what front line staff want or need. They have lost so many valuable staff to stupid drama and treating people so horribly. Centre’s need to be run independent from “support” office. Hr is located in Pakistan and is an absolute gong show. Save yourself the time and effort of an interview for a minimum wage job as you would be better off at a normal daycare, which KidsU is they just make you work 4 times as hard without the pay and use the title of “more than a daycare”. Constantly understaffing and thats where front line and management have to pick up the pieces. The only good part is they have departments that are a great resource like behaviour coaches and access to good materials and supplies

Pros

Kids and some good older staff

Cons

Everything else

Great Philosophy but not a great work place culture

Kids U has very high expectation of its teachers and management with not very high wages/salaries. The work environment is so stressful. Management is not supportive or understanding at all. The operations director takes pride in making the teachers cry!!! The classroom sizes are extremely big and there is always less staff because no one wants to work at this company. They are changing their name to Fueling Brains Academy, thinking that might change things for them. They say they see staff as family, its all just a bunch of lies they tell you!The culture is so cruel and bitter! Teachers have no time for planning, they have to do report cards online and assessments which are not very easy to learn. There is always new faces in the rooms for parents and the staff. It becomes so difficult to train new staff and then they leave after a few days!!It so hard and almost impossible to get a hold to support office staff as they are always "busy" and everyone "has so much on their plate"Parents only want to stay because of the staff and now even the good staff are leaving. The ones who had been here for years have left because of poor management and yet nothing is begin done! All because there is a waitlist so "who cares, we have enrollment"

Insights into Kids U

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

Great Peers; Lack of Management involvment

KidsU has some good foundations but really lack the management infrastructure to support all of the campuses. Often without support, you will be stretched thin to cover extra duties and work without pay.They really struggle to keep their good staff and constantly are shuffling to fill vacancies in their administration roles.There isn’t much training due to the shortage of teachers.

Pros

Room to grow

Cons

Low pay

Very toxic work culture

This company has a very toxic work environment.They do not have respect for their staff and are not organized. Their is so much gossip, back stabbing , unfairness and do not have clear direction, nor do they train their staff; but will readily write up staff.They also do not run the programmes they claim to run in most of their centres particularly the one at New Brighton

Pros

None I can think of

Cons

Toxic work environ, no clear career path

fun place to work with self development

As a practicum student and a float teacher, I have loved to work at centennial as I could learn many things including their philosophies along with brain development and offering different classes depends on children's needs, abilities, and interests. Also, the location is perfect for staff and parents with free parking until 9 AM for dropping children in the busy morning. My mentors and other teachers are very helpful and they do care for children with their warm hearts. My mangers including my manager who schedule me are very supportive of my own development and providing resources for both educators and children to learn.

Pros

development of yourself, supportive team

Disorganized, Unsafe and Unsupportive.

I was extremely disappointed with Kids U. Not only did they fail to tend to the needs of certain children, but it put other children and teachers at risk by not providing the proper care/support/resources, etc for children that NEEDED help. They were short-staffed lots and tended to want to have a good image by coving things up and not dealing with the problem at hand. I have worked at many schools and I was extremely disappointed with the way this was run and the lack of support. A high turnover rate among staff, if not it was because they needed the job but still were not enjoying themselves. A big facade. I don't stand for that.

Company is a joke

This company is a joke. I worked for them for a very short period of time and never have I dealt with so much disorganization, chaos, and misleading information in my life. They don't train you, just throw you in day 1 and don't tell you anything, the teachers don't even know where their kids are half the time, and a teacher even told me how unorganized they were day 1. It took them over a month to pay me, they had to ask for forms several times because they couldn't get their forms together, and my supervisor even told me the program she came into was "a s** show". Her exact words. The kids are great and they have nice resources, but they ask the teachers to buy materials out of their own pockets and never reimburse them. They don't support the teachers at all, and allow a screaming and crying child to stay in a program for 3 weeks (they were obviously distraught, upset, and scared to be in a new class and too young to partake), and they wouldn't let me talk to the parents to let them know they child should not be in the class. I had to practically beg them to allow me to ask a teacher the child knew to stay with us until they were comfortable. They are money hungry and they don't care about the needs of the child. I would 100% NEVER bring my child to Kids U. I don't trust them with children at all due to how disorganized they are.

I Wouldn't Send Kids Here If It was 50 Cents/Day

This is the worst run company I have ever encountered. Management and higher company executives never visit, and when they do it's very quick. Company is only in it for the money, the tuition is an arm and a leg and the money barley goes towards budgets. Summer programs don't get a budget, they have to use left over from the school year if there is any. Budgets are small already. I've seen the chefs buy ingredients out of their own pocket because campus ran out. Milk for the kids to drink runs out on the last few days of the week. Materials are old, broken and dont rotate like they should. Books, chairs, gates, fences and toys are broken. There are fenced outdoor spaces but they dont tell you that when one class is using the fenced area, the other is playing in the open and unfenced area beside the park. Not to mention that half of the fence is falling down and has holes in it. The staff is constantly changing, seeming to me the company is hiring underqualified cold staff. I've seen staff sit in a corner and call it supervising, and ignore crying children or leave them to cry as a punishment. Part time employees are supposed to get benifits but they make up excuses and reasons not to give it to you. They have constant problems with top up. We I haven't gotten mine for a while. Do not work here or send your kids here.

Pros

The only reason I stayed as lomg as I did was for the kids.

Cons

Pay problems, benifit broblems, facility problems, staff problems budget problems

Official response from Kids U

15 July 2019
We are sorry to learn about your experience! We value staff concerns and feedback, and since you shared your feedback with us directly, we have addressed many of the items you highlighted when you reached out via email. We do provide a benefits package to our part time and full time employees, unfortunately our on call team members are not eligible for the health and wellness benefits at this time since they do have a fixed schedule. Regarding your pay concerns, we have already begun looking into that so that you get the money you deserve! Please do not hesitate to contact our Program Director again if you would like to discuss your concerns further, or if you have any other questions.

I work at Kids U West 85th for few months. I was happy with my time there and often felt great support from supervisor. The children were happy and fun to teach and the program was set up to do well. While every childcare centre has its problems, I was very happy there and sad to leave when time came to go. I would go back if able to.

Pros

fun classes

Kids U Starthmore

I love working with Kids U. Its very up beat and friendly environment. I feel very respected and treated very kindly. When ever I have an issue or concern its addressed right away and attended to immediately.

Kids U Starthmore

Dont send your children

Horrible experience. They would hire/fire employees on a daily basis. No one their has any knowledge of running a quality daycare. Its looks all fancy and well Managed from the outside but nigtmare once you get it.

Pros

Zerooooo

Cons

too many

Gong Show - Stay away!

I was forced to give one star on here. I would have given them 0 stars. This place is a gong show. If you have any brains you would not accept a job here. There are better jobs elsewhere. Communication is terrible, lack of any leadership, money hungry company, no organization, no support. hire staff with no previous formal child care experience. Better jobs elsewhere. Trust me.

Pros

None.

Cons

Communication, organization, leadership, support. Bad hiring practices.

Be prepaird to walk on eggshells every day.

I have NEVER worked for a company with so much disregard for their incredibly hard working staff.It is NOT a supportive workplace, hiring & firing people at will with no regard of how it will effect their lives. DONT let their facade fool you! theyre just another company in it for the money.

Pros

It Paid Ok

Cons

Money Hungry& Fake Smiles

No complaints, KidsU Rocks!

I absolutely loved working at KidsU. The staff is amazing and the philosophy is outstanding. I learned a lot about myself, childcare and my life as a professional while working here.

Pros

Cons

None.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kids U. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement