Kids U

Preschool Teacher4 reviews
Canada4 reviews

philosophykidteacherchildcampusdevelopmentparentprogram

Nice

Learned how to teach children in Montessori and Reggio implementations. Hardest part of the job is finding time for reports for children, something they expect you to do in your own time, they gave 1 hour a week for planning but none for reports. Most enjoyable is getting to know all the wonderful children, some I will never forget.

Greedy company

KidsU is a horrible place to work. The owners act like they care about kids but all they care about is making money. They will make decisions time and time and again that impact the quality of care to increase their profit. The amount of extra work expected outside of paid time is ridiculous. Trying to get the materials you need to do your job is nearly impossible.

Insights into Kids U

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

I am so grateful to be a part of the KidsU team

I am so happy to be a part of the team at KidsU. Unlike many places I have worked in the past KidsU actually follows the rules set out by licensing like ratios and best practices, as well as they are constantly doing all the documentation and planning and following what an accredited early learning center should do. So if you want to work somewhere that you are not required to put in the effort to enhance children’s learning KidsU would not be a good fit. If you don’t want to do documentation or observations as a teacher and just want to provide basic childcare, KidsU is not a good fit for you. You need to be a flexible person to work here successfully and truly have a passion about supporting the brain development of young children. KidsU has three different environments for the children, left brain (Montessori) right brain (Reggio) and movement. Toddler age and preschool age children transition between the environments and infants have all three in one room. This takes getting used to, just like for the children, as a staff it takes getting used to, but if you are the right fit for kidsU then you will love it and appreciate it. If you want to work for a place that values early childhood educators as teachers and not just baby sitter or child care providers then KidsU is a good place for you. In my time at KidsU I have been able to work my way up in the company from a assistant teacher to a lead teacher. KidU has been so supportive of me since day one and has worked with me making it possible for me to go visit my husband who lives in a different country periodically. KidsU -

Pros

Professional Development, Follows Ratios, Positive Culture, Opportunity to advance if you work hard, cares about children, supportive and flexible

Cons

You must be flexible and adaptable

Stressful environment

No room for promotion. They hire outsider instead of promoting staff. More paper works, not enough time for planning. They hire lead teacher with no skills.Manipulated salary. At the time of filing T4 expect to pay huge amount because they dont do proper deduction. Too much transition of children. Imagine all children must move to one room to another three times a day. Moving from Montessori, Movement and Reggio rooms. Crowded rooms, 24 toddlers in one room. 48 preschoolers in one room. Not enough motivational materials for children. That's why we have chaotic environment.

Pros

No comment

Cons

Manipulated salary, no planning time, too much stress environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kids U. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement