Kids U

Lead Teacher7 reviews
Canada7 reviews

philosophykidteacherchildcampusdevelopmentparentprogram

Fun place to work

Let me tell you something about KidsU. I have been at West 85th campus for almost 4 years and I feel like they are my second family. I am a teacher at this campus and a mom to two children who attend this campus as well. I feel that even with ups and downs we stick together as a team and we have amazing hard working teachers not only at this campus but all over other campuses. Specially these days when we live in unknown world, teachers make safe environment to continue their dedication to deliver the best teaching and support for children and parents. We have different classes from 12 months to kindergarten and we offer Montessori, Reggio and Movement activities through the children’s schedule.I have seen so many children improved and challenged through their developmental milestones. Every child is unique and we work on supporting and helping individuals to reach their milestones in those three environments. I am very happy that I choose KidsU to be my children’s daycare because I see how my children progress every day and I am also very happy to be an early childhood educator to deliver KidsU philosophy. Book a tour and find out more.

Had an amazing work experience

Staff is always appreciated by senior managers and co team members. I was given many opportunities to learn and grow during my tenure. I always recommend this company to my friends if they belong to early childhood to apply.

Pros

Growth opportunities, staff appreciation

Insights into Kids U

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

Do not work here or send children here

ridiculous amount of transition.none of the curriculum is either Montessori or Reggio, they use that name to attract parents. depends on location, however the place i was at had no support or training for educator but only constant judgement and negative feedback from director. I have seen people mistreating children to make transition work. transition comes first than children and children are neglected. not a quality care Centre.

My second family

I’ve been with Kids U for over three years now. I love what I do and my time with Kids U has already given me so many fond memories and good friends. Kids U in general has become like a second family to me. I think to get the most out of this job you have to love working with kids. I know that sounds incredibly obvious but it makes all the difference. As with any job it’s not perfect, but nothing is. Working with kids can be hard at times and even stressful, but the good has always outweighed anything tough. I love that I get to work with dedicated, like minded people, and we work well together. If you are hardworking, and most importantly, have a passion for working with children, then Kids U can be the place for you.

Pros

Working and teaching children

Cons

Annual events can add to workload

Best place to work!!

I have been working in the company for almost 5 years now. I started working in the junior right brain as an assistant Teacher. It was so much fun and interesting because I have seen the children's growth not only in their creative side but as a whole. Somehow I got interested with the left brain which is our Montessori program and, I have given the chance to join their workshops which made me learn and understand the philosophy more. But the program that really inspired me to grow and explore as a Teacher is our movement program. As my journey in KidsU went on, the administrators saw my potentials and gave me the chance to grow as an employee. The company supported my growth through promoting me as a Lead Teacher and gave me the proper training to be one. I am a work in progress as a Teacher and always open to learn more which the company is very supportive with. In this field of profession, I believe that everyday is a learning process and growth as we work with children in their unique learning ways.PS. it also inspires me that the owners and administrators knows each employee by name and actually sit down with us and chat! :)

Find another place

I worked here for one school year and I agree with all the negative reviews posted. They make poor work management decisions and ultimately it trickles down to the daycare locations and the staff who work there. The owners are just in it for the money. No support from management

Pros

Free Lunches

Cons

DO NOT work here here. You will regret it!

This place may look awesome and amazing from the outside but when you enter the doors as a staff you will soon learn they treat their staff poorly and always play favorites with their favourite staff. Upper management never visits the centres. They only go to ones they like. Fake smiles every where. If you take a job with Kids U you will regret it. Don’t apply here. Management tells their current staff and families to post positive reviews on google and indeed. And make staff feel badly if the monthly review quotas are not met.

Pros

The children and the families were only the best part

Cons

Fake Smiles, upper management play favorites, all in it for or the money

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kids U. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement