Kids U

Assistant Teacher9 reviews
Canada9 reviews

philosophykidteacherchildcampusdevelopmentparentprogram

Great and Fun Teamwork

I currently work at the New Brighton location. The team that I work with in the Campus are amazing! Its a circle of family and friendship. The teachers and the upfront are ready to help to the best they could. We learn everyday from each other. I am happy with the families that we work with. The families are respectful and are friendly too!

Low salary

The compensation was lower than average in the field, but some employees received better than their qualification. Biased. The children and some of coworkers were great.

Insights into Kids U

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

Maximum Effort, Minimum Pay

If I could describe working at Kids U in one sentence it would be "maximum effort for minimum pay".I was offered a job at Kids U after doing a practicum placement there. I enjoyed my time at first, though it was hard getting started as there was no training, shadowing, or feedback and I was just thrown into a room on my own and had to figure it all out. This is something that is still currently happening, so just make a note of that if you are looking to apply.At first, I worked as a float staff ($15.00/hr) which involved moving around all rooms covering breaks and sick teachers as needed. It is a hard job as you must remember how all 7 different classrooms work and their schedules and get to know 100+ children and their needs. This sometimes also involved serving lunch and doing dishes, (which wasn't in the job description). I found it very hard to move forward in the company as a float teacher, if you want a new position you need to apply for and interview for it (even if you have been covering for that position and doing all the work and duties for multiple months), and even then, it is not a guarantee. It got a bit better when I got an assistant teacher position as it meant a consistent classroom, but it just meant a lot more work for a dollar raise.A typical day at Kids U is very stressful as the children transition a LOT between rooms and Kids U tries to cram as many kids as possible in one class (we were allowed 24 infants in one room, 25 toddlers, 44 preschoolers, etc). The duties for teachers seem endless and there is no time to do them on top of taking care of -

Okay. Underpaid for the job.

It's okay. The organization needs work. The money isn't great. Communication needs work as well. Too many staff that don't belong there, which makes the job harder. They do not recognize and appreciate hardwork and excellence.

Proud to work at this Company

I have been working as a teacher for 10 years of my life in another country, and I decided to continue serving and working with my skills here in Calgary, the first and only place that I decided to apply was this company. Before working here, I was excited about what you can find in the website, the different reviews from the social media and everything that involves education and kids. When I started working I felt welcome, I felt I could support the company with my talents and skills and they allowed me to do it, the manager, the supervisor where I work in, and every person has appreciated what I have done. In this company, I can feel the support, the gratitude, the values, and the guidance, I respect but I dont accept the bad reviews about this company, because the company provides with everything you need in a prompt way. Thank you Kids U and the managers who run this company, thank you to my supervised at Mc Knight, and thank you for letting me feel in family. Thank you!!!

Pros

Dental and health benefit at full time

Cons

Nice place to work and learn

A nice place to work and learn. The staff is co-operative and management is supportive. Transitioning of children between different classrooms - Montessori, Reggio and movement, helps them in their overall development. I enjoy working at KidsU.

Great environment to work

Worked for this company a little over a year. Found the staff in my campus to be amazingly helpful and supportive, the true meaning of teamwork. Our main goal is to ensure each child is given the help they need to succeed to the next level of education, in a safe and nurturing environment. Our management team are understanding not only to our needs in the campus, but also are understanding of our personal needs. They are always there if help is needed and visit the campus for a one on one chat to follow up with decisions made. They are always open for new ideas and encourage us through monthly meetings, and PD Days, and this encourages us to grow within the company and our campuses. This is not only a great environment for the children, but is a great environment for the teachers.

Pros

Fun place to work, teamwork

Fun environment!

Fun environment, I am currently working with them while doing my lvl2 and they are accommodating me with that, they try to match my timetable. So very flexible! If I were a parent I would definitely put my child in this program. The staff are polite and somewhat understanding.

Pros

Great staff and amazing teamwork!

Best Job

I’ve been with KidsU West 85th for a month month now and I love it. There is so many great people with a passion for kids and teaching that work here! Never a problem with getting time off/ sick. Every company has problems which KidsU has always told the employees that they are working it. They work on saturday and Sunday to help if something was wrong with any part of my pay! It’s been a great time! Can’t wait to see what more is to come!

Pros

Amazing kids

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kids U. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement