KIDS & COMPANY

KIDS & COMPANY Employee Reviews

Canada211 reviews

childkidparentdirectorstaffheadwagesupply

Fun but stressful

As a centre director and an assistant director in the past, it was very stressful but enjoyed working with children, staff and families. Parents pay high tuition fees, but staff get paid close to minimum. There was not much support from Head Office, long hours, often had to work on the weekends and evenings, no overtime was paid. Angry parents often were right, but as a centre director couldn’t do much about it.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Low pay, long hours, no consistency

Decent

Employees are fun to be around. Management was all over the place. Nor a lot of time invested in the winnipeg location by head office which caused a lot of issues

Insights into KIDS & COMPANY

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Trust in colleagues

DO NOT work here

This is a horrible company to work for. They do not care about their employees at all. Certain employees that are ‘favourites’ get to break the rules while other’s can’t. They allow certain employees to bully colleagues and the children. There is a very negative work culture where people talk behind others backs. This includes the directors who are extremely unprofessional.The only thing that truly matters to them is money and how they can make it.

Pros

The children

Cons

Everything else

9 January 2023
Hi! Thank you for sharing your experience, we appreciate the feedback, as both positive and negative feedback is important to us. We are sorry to hear that you have left the company with this impression. It is important that all of our employees are supported. We do offer a competitive pay, a comprehensive benefit package and staff perks. Please share your experience in depth with us hr@kidsandcompany.com.

Okay to work

The management wasn’t great but the parents were great and the kids were so adorable. I had great co-workers but I wouldn’t go back to the company again.

9 January 2023
Hi! Thank you for sharing your experience, we appreciate the feedback. It is important that all of our employees are being supported by management. Please share your experience in depth with us hr@kidsandcompany.com.

Could be better

The company does not pay a livable wage.Very Corporate.Cameras on site, parents can watch you all day.Management is never there. When management is there, they are leaving early and not there to help support the staff.

Cons

Poor management

9 January 2023
Hi! Thank you for sharing your experience, we appreciate the feedback. It is important that all of our employees are being supported by management. We do offer a competitive pay, a comprehensive benefit package and staff perks. Please share your experience in depth with us hr@kidsandcompany.com.

Poor management

The management shows a lot of favoritism towards certain employees. Daily schedules not followed in many programs. They have benefits but pay close to minimum wage.

21 November 2022

Work does not reflect pay

You work 5x as much for barely above minimum wage pay. Childcare providers should be paid more especially since the work can be so precarious when working with kids. The work environment is not motivating in the sense of job fulfillment as you often get talked down to by your colleagues. The management leaves early in the day so you will be left to your own devices which is a negative when your colleagues take advantage of you so that they can pawn off their kids in your classroom (forget the ratio) and leave early while still earning a full day of pay.

Pros

Free bland food scraps

Cons

Low pay for a lot of labour

21 November 2022
Hi! Thank you for sharing your experience, we appreciate the feedback We are sorry to hear that you have left the company with this impression. We do offer a competitive pay, a comprehensive benefit package and staff perks. It is important that all of our employees are supported. We do strive for a healthy culture and management style. Pleaseshare your experience in depth with us hr@kidsandcompany.com.

Great people

Great team members No work life balance Long hours Many centres Movement within the company to grow or change locations.Discounts for staff and back up days.

Entrepreneurial and a fun, young group to work with!

If you're interested in working on rapidly expanding, fast paced environment, this job is for you! They always keep you busy so the day flies by quickly!

21 November 2022
Hi there! Thank you for your positive feedback. We're delighted to read that you enjoy working at Kids & Company with a great environment.

Amazing environment and an extremely fulfilling job!

I have worked with Kids and Company as an ECA at multiple centre locations and now I am based at the head office in Richmond Hill. My experience with Kid Co has been nothing but amazing. The staff are welcoming, the curriculum and classroom schedules are so beneficial to the children and the overall company foundation is extremely reliable. I highly recommended applying to any location with this Company.

21 November 2022

Very low salary but expectation is very high

the work load is lot. Expected to give quality care but the pay for teachers is very basic. The daycare fee is very high and increase every year. But the teachers are paid low and overloaded with work.

28 October 2022

ample opportunity for moving ahead

professionally lots of opportunities to go up high with dedication and love for the job. If needed move to different provinces, even in the USA. Always help available to teach, train and help in any way possible. Good perks are available.

Pros

lots of perks, vouchers, staff appreciations, medical benefits.

28 October 2022

Very stressful place to work

I did not enjoy the time l spent working at this company, most of the managers are rude and unkind as if they are trained to treat staff poorly. A typical day at work can very unpredictable, you never know what to expect even as a class lead, it just really stressful working. The most enjoyable part of the job is how staff support each other when you neded help

28 October 2022
Hi! Thank you for sharing your experience, we appreciate the feedback, as both positive and negative feedback is important to us. We are sorry to hear that you have left the company with this impression. It is important that all of our employees are supported. We do strive for a healthy culture and management style with our KIDCO values. Pleaseshare your experience in depth with us hr@kidsandcompany.com.

Fun Workplace

The company promotes the wellbeing of its employees by providing staff appreciation days, giving referral bonuses, and even health benefits. It's an amazing workplace!

19 October 2022

Lot of new things I learned here from my co-workers. management is very nice. Workplace culture is Multi cultural.

I feel very comfortable with my coworker. I can discuss about my problems to my supervisor. In my daycare, all my staff members are very good. I feel proud on me like I am a member of good company.

good starting job

good benefits, free lunches, lots of gossip, lack of management. pay and career growth is lacking, there is no advancement in this company.

17 October 2022
Hi! We are sorry to hear that you have left the company with this impression. It is important that all of our employees are supported. We do offer a competitive pay, a comprehensive benefit package and staff perks. We do strive for a healthy culture and management style with our KIDCO values. We also do post all our opportunities internally before externally for the opportunity of growth for our employees. Please share your experience in depth with us hr@kidsandcompany.com.

It is fun to work everyday in our centre.

I am so happy in our centre because all of us understand each other, we have a great teamwork, everyone is helpfull, parent of our children are great and most of all we got a dynamic centre director and assistant centre director.

17 October 2022

Ok for your first experience but better to look for another daycare centre afterwards

Work life balance was great but I decided to leave because of poor and unfair management, and low wage. Also don't expect they would appreciate your hard working.

17 October 2022
Hi! Thank you for sharing your experience, we appreciate the feedback, as both positive and negative feedback is important to us. We are sorry to hear that you have left the company with this impression. It is important that all of our employees are supported. We do offer a competitive pay, a comprehensive benefit package and staff perks. We do strive for a healthy culture and management style with our KIDCO values. Pleaseshare your experience in depth with us hr@kidsandcompany.com.

Wowtastic

Kids and Company is the most experiential place around. They are always open for ideas to plan a week in each location. The staff are amazing and you feel that team work in the team. I was so lucky to have worked there and if the staffing is short on a shift, I look forward to return.

4 October 2022

Stay away from this company

Underpaid comparing to how much they charge the parents. Stressful work environment. Head office is a joke, they’re so cheap and disrespectful. Everything it’s a show. Site office is super unorganized, the director has no idea what she’s doing. Staff are miserable. Workplace is dirty and old fashioned.

Pros

Good food

Cons

Underpaid, stressful, cheap company

28 September 2022

Hight quality of food. High level of education. Safe environment

I am working in kids and company as a teacher. I am recommending here to my friends if they looking for a safe, clean, and perfect care centre for their kids. I saw all the children have lots of fun in the second floor playground, they also had a big separate nap room. It can make a amazing nap for them. The teachers provide good education for improving physical, cognitive, and affective outcome development of kids every day.

Pros

Brand new, clean and safe environment

Cons

Low salary

19 September 2022

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KIDS & COMPANY. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement