KIDS & COMPANY
Happiness score is 51 out of 100

Working at KIDS & COMPANY: Latest KIDS & COMPANY Reviews

Canada189 reviews

Great kids and families, some great coworkers, bad company culture.

I learned a lot while working at Kids & Company and appreciate the experience for its ups and downs. I had some really good coworkers and we balanced out each other’s interests or strengths, ensured that things were getting done and planned together. The kids were amazing, and I had the opportunity to begin learning about documentation, programming, etc. Having said that: While I was there, the turnover rate was high and staffing was an issue at times. Compensation is not adequate, particularly for a company as large and profitable as Kids & Company. Materials and curricula were limited and outdated and trying to update programming and documentation to be consistent with current best practices was difficult due to requirements about weekly curriculum and what could be put on walls, boards, etc. Staff relationships and management relationships were mixed from very strong to contentious, and there were some really great folks on staff and some who should probably find another field. Pretty much everyone ranged from professional to friendly with each other, but there could be underlying tension instead of communication and problem solving when concerns arose among staff. Professional development was extremely limited.

Productive and fun work place.

Staffs are great, feels like a family and the kids are awesome. Pay is somewhat low and management is not helpful. The working environment is very peaceful.

5 August 2022
Hello! Thank you for your taking the time to leave us a review about working at Kids & Company. Please feel free to share your experience with us hr@kidsandcompany.com

Insights into KIDS & COMPANY

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

good place to start your career

if you are learning for the first time to be child care educator, then its a good place to start. you can learn a lot of things, teachers were approachable. nice facility.

26 July 2022
Hi there! Thank you for your feedback. We're delighted to read that you enjoy working at Kids & Company with a great environment.

Poor environment to work.

Obliged to do more activities than original scope. Consequently more time spent at work. Pay remained the same. Thus working for less than minimum wage.

26 July 2022
Hi! Thank you for your feedback. Both positive and critical feedback is very important for us, as it helps us make sure employees have a way to share their concerns and suggestions with us, and we take everything we receive seriously. We do offer a competitive pay, a comprehensive benefit package and staff perks. Please share your experience in depth with us hr@kidsandcompany.com.

Good place to learn and grow

A good place to work for recent graduates and someone without any experience. Management was supportive and cooperative. The best part was working with kids.

Pros

Friendly work environment

26 July 2022
Thank you for providing us your positive feedback! Glad you had a great experience working at Kids & Company. Please feel free to share your experience with us hr@kidsandcompany.com

Eca

Wonderful people at Appleby. The director is so caring and professional. I really enjoyed my work. I always felt included and valued as a team member.

26 July 2022
Thank you for providing us your feedback! Your feedback will be helpful for those considering to work at Kids & Company.

Excellent workers and benefits

I have learned so much over my time at Kids & Company, I started off as an ECA in a classroom to become an ECE in the classroom and have worked my way up to head office. I enjoy my job thoroughly and feel that the work-life balance I receive from the job is a huge benefit. Everyone is so helpful and kind and wants everyone to succeed. I have developed so many genuine relationships through Kids & Company which I am thankful for.

Pros

Employer paid benefits, Flexible Hours, Discount off child care, Lots of Locations to choose from

26 July 2022
Hello! Thank you for your feedback. We're delighted to hear your time growing within Kids & Company. We strive to provide a healthy work life balance and growth within.

Decent.

Not the worst, but not the best. I have no complaints that I feel like are unique to the center, or any job really. If you genuinely enjoy working with kids, then you’ll enjoy the work and that is what’s important.

26 July 2022

Worst work management and director have zero experience

Worst place you can ever work ! No proper organization co worker relationships are untolerable zero training given to newcomers and the director is not at all fit to be one!

2 June 2022
Thank you for providing us your feedback! We are working on to further onboard and train our employees. Kids & Company strives to have a diverse and inclusive culture throughout our company. We are continuing to grow, please feel free to reach out to us at hr@kidsandcompany.com to further discuss the issues in depth.

Great environment

Management is great! They support you to achieve your goals. Feel welcomed in the environment. Perks:Staff appreciation snacksGoodlife discounts Benefits

2 June 2022
Thank you for providing us your feedback! Glad you had a great experience working at Kids & Company. Please feel free to share your experience with us hr@kidsandcompany.com

Horrible work environment

Everyone is underpaid and overworked. The prices are crazy expensive, it makes no sense to ask so much to the parents and pay your level 3 only 50cents above minimum wage. Toxic work environment in so many centers believe me you don't want work there.

Pros

Easy to be hired

Cons

Toxic environment

2 June 2022
Hi! Thank you for your feedback. We do offer a competitive pay, a comprehensive benefit package and staff perks. We are always looking to learn and grow. Please share your experience in depth with us hr@kidsandcompany.com

The pay hurts

Given the amount of work and the responsibility we take as childcare workers, the salaries are really really low. But I'm not sure how much is the company to be blamed for a low salary. The government authorities need to do something about raising the base pay for such respectful and noble professions.

20 May 2022
We always aim to deliver a great experience, and we are gutted when we don’t meet expectations. Thanks for taking the time to bring this to our attention. We will use the feedback to make us better.

Fun workplace

Overall its nice to work there, but there expectations are very high then paid. Hardly get a time off for appointments and vacations. Management promote faverioutism.

Pros

15 mins coffee breaks

Cons

Very high Expectations

19 May 2022
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We’re sorry you had a bad experience. We’ll strive to do better.

Depends on Management

Your job happiness and environment is dependent solely on your site director. A lot of the requirements that are put in place by management (like always having toys on the table) are sometimes unreasonable and make the job 10x harder. Its okay, thats the only way to describe it.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

long hours, working outside of paying hours

19 May 2022

Very negative people for the line of work they are in.

I wouldn’t waste my time on this company. You have to pay out of pocket and hope they pay it back in a reasonable time if you need anything. The credit cards work half the time. Whole company is shady.

A fun and flexible place

A typical day at work involves handling with children.I learned program planning.The management is good and understanding.There's a variety of nationalities in the workplace from colleagues and children.The hardest part of the job is meal times.The most enjoyable part of the job is playing with children.

Pros

Understanding management, learns a lot from your colleagues

Fun workplace

High quality child care, takes great care of children in all ways and amazing curriculum to support children's development. Great health benefits for the employees and encourage them to participate in health and wellness challenges.

It was okay

Management sucked, but the staff were amazing and cared a lot. But management sucked and never followed the rules, or made new rules when it fit them.

3 May 2022
Thank you for letting us know about this. Your feedback helps us do better. We are looking into this issue and hope to resolve it promptly and accurately.

Rewarding

I enjoyed the people I worked with & the work is very fulfilling to watch the kids grow. However, management was chaotic & changed a lot, there was often shortages of supply for children (especially meals & snacks, which were provided for children), & the pay is terrible for the chaos of the work. Although that’s often the case with daycare jobs.

Pros

Friendly coworkers

Cons

Bad pay

3 May 2022
We always aim to deliver a great experience, and we are gutted when we don’t meet expectations. Thanks for taking the time to bring this to our attention. We will use the feedback to make us better and to ensure this doesn’t happen.

Amazing family oriented daycare

I have worked for the company for about 14 years and kids and company Etobicoke is definitely a home away from home atmosphere. The company does have a lot to offer all employees and is always their to help when needed. The flexibility for my life as a single mom has helped so much over the past few years. I am so happy to continue to be apart of this company. I look forward to being a part of it and helping it grow.

Pros

Positive and diverse people and location.

Cons

Some days are longer than others.

Productive and fun work environment

Great company to work for. I made many great and lasting friendships there both with coworkers and with families. I worked there for a few years and I truly enjoyed the experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KIDS & COMPANY. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement