KIDS & COMPANY

KIDS & COMPANY Employee Reviews

Canada117 reviews
Unkind office ladies at Bedford
Most teachers agreed that the directors assistants were unkind,unfair, unprfessional and rude. They are still. It was so stressful to me and my coworkers. Many eces left the centre because of them. As well one class has 3 eces and 4×3, 6×3 and 8×3. More busy and crowd than other center with 2 eces in a room.
Stressful
The pay does not equate to the amount of work being done.Very shortstaffed therefore longer hours. Not enough time to sanitize toys and do daily reports.
Pros
free food at times
Cons
overtime hours
the most enjoyable part of this work place is to be with children
the most enjoyable part of this job is to be with children and to be with the parents who is more supportive to their teacher. The company is not supporting their teachers even the benefits is not good and the salary is not worth it on this job.
Great company
Great company, It is great for getting your foot in the door. My location was not too organized but for what the job entailed, I felt underpaid. However, this was before the shift in the minimum wage. I also worked on-call which made it hard to have consistent income.
Pros
Working on educational elements with clients
Cons
not consistant pay
Good Job for Beginners
Great Job for people starting out in the work force or on working visas. Very structured and supportive. Unfortunately, not as much time off, vacation and sick leave, compared to other jobs and longer wait for benefits.
Pros
Atmosphere
Cons
2 Weeks Vacation
Nice place to work
Opportunity for growth. Interactive and fun place to work. Lots to learn in every day situations. Never a dull moment. Equal rights for all. Good training programs available from seniors.
13 March 2020
Thank you for your review! We always appreciate hearing from current employees on their experiences at the centres. We are glad that you are engaging in and enjoying the programs being offered to the children. We also aim to have a fun and interactive curriculum for children and our team enjoy!
Encouraging, collaborative company
I love being a site Director for Kids & Company.
Not only have I had the chance to form long lasting relationships with families and employees, but I have also had the chance to engage in networking experiences at Director Conferences held annually. As a Director I always feel heard and valued by upper management and Head Office. I would highly recommend employment with Kids & Company and I have even encouraged friends and family to interview with Kids & Company.
13 March 2020
Thank you for your review! We are so happy to hear that you value our Director’s Conference held yearly. We love networking with all our Director’s and talking to everyone face to face.
Meh
Working with this company is okay. I love working with kids and would actually enjoy working with this company if they paid their employees what they're worth. Minimum wage to take care of little humans for 8 hours a day??? I don't think so!
13 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are pleased to hear you love to be with the kids at the centre. We hope you are enjoying the many programs we have in place for the children. We strive to make sure every employee has a livable wage. We would love to hear more from you! Please feel free to reach out to info@kidsandcompany.com.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at KIDS & COMPANY?
Would not suggest working here
Kids and company has too many issues at the moment. Higher turnover than average, consistently short staffed, don’t want to hire more when needed, underpaid when paid correctly, which is a whole other issue they have difficulty with. Often asked to come in when very sick, only earn half a sick day per month so when you are able to call in you are unlikely to get paid unless you call in in December and have not called in at all that year overall and experience with minimal communication
Unprofessional employers
Everything is about money for the management, they do not respect the staff and the children at all. Huge fluctuation, burned out teachers, low salary, stressful workplace, stone aged administration, and centralized decisions from thousands kilometers away.
Strongly not recommended company to sell them your skills, qualification and time.
Didn’t like it
The boss is racist she never wanted to give me a class only wanted to keep me as a sub even after I was certified she chooses others over me who I trained but still wouldn’t give me a class.
13 March 2020
Kids & Company strives to be a diverse, fair and inclusive workplace. We take your experiences very seriously. Please send us an email at info@kidsandcompany.com so we can discuss this further.
It is okay
It is a stressful work environment and a large employee turn over. Understanding when needing to take days off due to sickness and mental health but not enough support for the staff from the director or company as a whole
Director has no experience
Director has no experience
I have NEVER worked with a very week director ever !!

This director is uneducated

-she has no support for the workers

-she’s in the office and hides out

-A director is suppose to help with children when needed, but all she says is “I’m busy”

-she don’t listen to staff

-she is not a experienced at all

Very unsafe environment

Don't Promote Mental, Physical, Social and Emotional Growth

A Lack of Open Communication

The director DOES NOT KNOW how to manage the staff !!

An inadequate staff

Dirty, unsafe facilitie
13 March 2020
Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear about your experience at our centre. If you are able to reach out to us to provide further details, please email info@kidsandcompany.com.
very busy and very stressful at times
enjoyed learning from some of the other teachers but classrooms can be very hectic especially with lack of supplies at times and support the pay and benefits could be better as well
Really good for competent people
Good teachers with high level of education and job performance.
Management is commendable and tgd centre director is really well appreciated and respected by the staff the parents and the children
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
No free uniform
13 March 2020
Thank you for your review! We always appreciate hearing from current employees on their experiences at the centres. We are glad that you are enjoying the snacks provided. We also have our health and safety challenges to participate in. Monthly winners get prizes!
Nice place to work
Great place to work, but for a short period
They have flexible working opportunities and generally everyone is nice.

Not much chance for salary increase
Emotionally & Physically drained, not appreciated
This is a dysfunctional business. They don’t take care of their staff, who’s health and well being is to take care of children.
If former staff provide a review it is considered inaccurate as they are disgruntled when in fact they have more freedom to speak up. An unhappy staff tells family, friends, community members.

Management makes excuses, doesn’t listen, or protects staff. A very passive leadership that caters more to parents needs rather than staff and children. Much of it is for marketing and show.

Management should not be related to anyone in the centre.

Staff should be protected from violent and aggressive children.

*At the end of the day this company cares more about money rather than its people. Expanding is their primary goal. They are not listening or caring for staff, practicing what they preach, the business model is flawed for this profession.
Just don’t do it
It’s a horrible place to work. No one likes it, everybody leaves.They have no appreciation for their employees. You’re only allowed 9 hour shifts so no work life- home balance. Sometimes its so short staffed you don’t get a break. And employees are allowed to treat the children poorly, with no repercussions. Lots of the employees aren’t educated in working with children. They’re just desperate for employees. Just-don’t-do-it.
13 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write this review and sorry to hear about your experience. All employees must receive their earned breaks based on their hours worked. We also have a number of policies in place to make sure safety is our number one priority for all children and employees. We make sure all educators have the proper certification and documents before their first day of work. If you would like to discuss your experience with us further, please email info@kidsandcompany.com. We wish you luck in your future endeavors!
Horrible
Would not recommend working here
Worked her for 11 years

In the past 6 months got treated badly my management

They need to look into getting new management for niagara queen
13 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write this review and sorry to hear about your current experiences. We strive to make every employees workplace a positive atmosphere. If you would like to provide more information, please feel free to reach out to info@kidsandcompany.com.
Very Happy with my job
I overly would say it is a great place to work and great management or leadership. I bring my kids and I'm very picky with who watches my children but no worries here
13 March 2020
Thank you for your review! We appreciate all your team members that work with the children everyday. We are happy that you trust us with them and we hope they are loving our curriculum.
Not a good place to work
- they require a specific uniform but will not provide one set as required by Alberta law
- management makes excuses rather than providing solutions to problems

- not listened to

- have to wait over an hour for bathroom breaks

- nepotism

- not accredited

- insufficient training

-Staff are not supported in the classroom when children have behaviours

- best interests of children are not taken into account