KIDS & COMPANY Employee Reviews

Not a fun place
Early Childhood Assistant (Former Employee) –  North York, ON1 April 2019
It’s stressful. I would not want to go back here. They hire supply staff who have no experience because they just stand there and they whine when you ask for help. Management do not care about the employees. Only positive side is the children and the parents who acknowledge your hard work.
Pros
The cute children and some good workers
Cons
Never leaving on time, Poor management, Low salary
Horrible company
Early Childhood Assistant (Former Employee) –  320 front street29 March 2019
I worked at the front Street 320 and I had a horrible experience with the director I would never recommend to work there to anybody. definitely a work place bullying enviorment.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Rude staff
Kids are great,company is very short staffed
EARLY CHILDHOOD ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC4 March 2019
Lack of staff, let alone quality staff puts a strain on the current workers.
Working with kids can be great but when you have the workload of multiple people it lessens the enjoyment.
Pros
kids are fun
love it
Early childhood education assistant (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC11 February 2019
working for kids and co is amazing and the staff are fun to work around and easy to get along with, great benefits and good pay, I would recommend working for them.
Bad place to work
ECE Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 February 2019
Bad organization and when you are supply the managers all the time will send you to different places plus the permanent staff is rude. Most of the ECE don’t care about the children attachment.
Pros
Good locations close to subways
Cons
the staff is rude with new people
Worst
eca (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 January 2019
I worked as a supply director was great but when she left it all went downhill and when I tried calling the human resource they don't know nothing what they are doing now 320 front st has a horrible director and not even if this was the last job in the world would I ever o back they pressure staff and if you call in sick they are like wolves after you and wanting more information. its sad that a company like this don't appreciate yet explode good workers while the other staff is sitting on their butt doing nothing seems like discrimination and favoritism are hand by hand in this company
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
Wouldn't recommend
Supply Teacher (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON2 January 2019
I worked at the Niagara Falls, On branch...Let me just say its a madhouse. Unorganized, non-professional, awful pay (I made more working in fast-food), Cliques( When the site director gose out for drinks with the employees and they talk about their nights out at work, Too many children not enough staff, TERRIBLE curriculum they dont follow the ECCDC or QCCN. Basically if you've just got out of school and you started working at a kids and co throw out your HDLH and ELECT as they dont use anything from those books... Also everything you've learned from school throw it out because you HAVE to do thing their way our your OUT.
good place to work for
RECE (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 November 2018
every day is different, lots of and some times we have stressful situations.
how to multitask and some times how to do things to help your job when your by your-self during the reatio change during the morning and evening
very good staff and supervisors
we have a diversity of culture working at this center
when you have to work alone when there is not enough staff
the children and the wonderful parents
pay is very low
Pros
benefits, sick days, breaks
Cons
not enough supply staff, pay is very low
Great place to work!
Child Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NS31 October 2018
The staff is great. Management is fair and understanding. Overall a fun and well organized environment to work at. I would defiantly recommend to anyone with a love for children.
Productive, busy day filled with activity and challenges
Teacher/Support Service (Former Employee) –  Nova Scotia13 September 2018
A typical day a work consisted of communication, teaching others, taking care of problems that occurred.

I learned about dealing with situations professionally, staying calm in a busy and stressful environment.

The culture is driven and has goals and the company works well together to create a good community. The company valued their employees.

The job could get overwhelming at times.

I loved working with all ages and teaching children.
Pros
Health Benifits, hour lunch break
Cons
same hours every day
great environment for the children
Early childcare assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 September 2018
great environment for early learning and development. employees have the opportunities to grow within the company and obtain additional training relating to child development through paid workshops.
Provides excellent hands-on experience when working with children.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON7 September 2018
A workplace that consists of a friendly, welcoming environment. Extremly adaptable to all children and very effectivley allows children to be open and comfortable in this outside the home child care.
Pros
Friendly Environment
A wonderful work environment
Infant/ Toddler Educator (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC5 September 2018
A wonderful work environment to work in. Staff and children are amazing. You feel like home when working with the staff and the families. An amazing place to be in when you love working with children and helping them grow.
benefits
Cons
no pay increase
Horrible
Early Childhood Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 September 2018
Would not recommend. Horrible staff. Everyone is angry and against each other. They do not provide the programs to children that they claim to. Everyone is in a rush and the children are not taken care of properly. They do not take the time to feed children or put them to sleep. Horrible place to work at. Horrible place to bring your children. Was making less then minimum wage as a relief worker ($11 per hour in 2016-2017) and my pay did not change when I got a full time contract position. My contract ended months early because a location closed, so even that is not guaranteed. And I’ve witnessed serveral staff lose there jobs because of this before it happened to me. Apply at own risk? I
Cons
Too many to write
Very bad management
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, AB1 September 2018
Management doesn’t care about staff.all they care about is brown nosing and how they can get to the top.discrimination is so much.
I’ll never recommend any one to work for this company ever.if these two directors still continue to work.
Pros
Cons
They have two faces
Discrimination
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 August 2018
Very bad company .I will never recomend any one to work with this company. I had horrible experiences with kids and company. In Calgary seventy percent staff in from Philippines. Thay only hire their own people .If you try to talk to hr department they never help you. They are very bad with kid behind camera. Thay prepare fake daily reports just to satisfy parents.
Pros
Cons
Discrimination, race
Fun and good learning experience workplace
ECA- EARLY CHILDHOOD ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 August 2018
I worked at Kids & Co after I completed another year of university and was off in the summer.
This experience was unforgettable, you learn a lot of new skills especially in multitasking and in the care for children. The children are fun to work with and the daily activities you do with them are also very rewarding
This job was a learning experience start to finish, the job can be very tough at times but with experience, you start to get the hang of the daily routine and can learn to master it.
We usually start the day by taking the kids outside and then serving them lunch, changing diapers, doing activities etc.
Pros
Cute kids, all shifts are 8 hours
Cons
not that flexible in hours, need physical endurance
productive
Assistant Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 August 2018
management takes advantage of employees by making them pay for kids supplies and never paying back

very bad bemefits

work hours are decent

management doesn't care about employees
Ece
Early Childhood Educator (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS6 August 2018
Worked here for about a year and the staff were friendly and helped me learn the routines in the classrooms. The benefits were good and the hourly wage was good.
learn more techniques how to prepare healthy food the kids
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 July 2018
as a kitchen staff I've learn a lot especially how to prepare a healthy food for the kids, sanitized the utensils, inventory and organized the food products, milk and fruits, it should be focus on the date expired.
how to handle and make the kitchen clean all the time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KIDS & COMPANY. Our community is ready to answer.