KIDS & COMPANY Employee Reviews

Very good place to work
Child Development Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 May 2018
As it was my first start with kids and company, i really like to work at my location where i appointed, there are lot of things i learnt form my day first, my director was so helpful and humble. if i get another opportunity to work with kids and company i will defiantly going to join.
Review
Early Childhood Educator, Substitute (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC2 May 2018
Great Staff. Management is easy to get along with. Families are great to work with. A lot of support. Great hours. Staff make the overall environment great to work in.
Lots of changes
Qualified Early Childhood Educator (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 April 2018
The children and families made this day go by fast, otherwise some staff and management made it really hard working there. I have never worked somewhere where people didn't know how to do their job.
It was an amazing experience
Early Childhood Educator Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON27 March 2018
I had a really great time helping the staff with the kids at lunch time and teaching time it was an amazing experience. By far the most amazing experience helping in the school age room
Low pay, no support, no respect sums it up pretty good!
Director (Former Employee) –  Canada7 March 2018
I wouldn't recommend anyone to work here. Pay is low and expectations are high! If even just one chair is out of place and management comes to see the daycare you will never hear the end of it. Management likes to come off as being scary rather than a person(s) to be there to support and guide. I now am working at a different center in a much lower position and making more money with much less responsibilities. When a mistake is made you will never hear the end of it, but when you succeed it is swept under the rug most times. Honestly, the management is what makes Kids and Co. a place I wouldn't want to work at. I loved the environment, people, support inside the center! I was so sad to leave the center that I was at, because it was such a nice place to work, and would have loved to have stayed there if it weren't for the management. But as soon as you talk or need to deal with management is when things get rough. When I asked simply for support in getting something in order to make me not have to work overtime every week; it was blown off and I was told to "deal with it myself". And I didn't even get paid or even time in lieu when I did all this overtime. When I left, I heard the first thing they did was put this in place for the new staff to make their job easier. I was quite upset by this! Why cant we just support and respect the people who do so much for you each and everyday! Low pay, no support, no respect sums it up pretty good!
Cons
Low pay, no support, no respect
Horrible place
Former Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  London, ON4 February 2018
They are very behind on the times, they are just getting out of themed based learning. Everything has to always be in perfect order and every classroom has to look the exact same or you will get in trouble from management. For example they tell you what you can and can't hang up on your bulletin boards. Management doesn't support you when you need them to and its always parents word over yours. The pay is low and ECA's only make 10 cents less than ECE'S.
Pros
healthy lunches
Cons
long hours, low pay, management isn't supportive, behind in curriculum
5 February 2018

We appreciate your feedback. At Kids & Company, we use a play-based learning curriculum to get children involved with experiences that enhance their learning. Our teachers design their programming based on the interests of the children. To maintain positive first impressions at our centre, we do have some restrictions when it comes to posting things on our bulletin boards. That being said, if you have ideas to improve the bulletin boards, we would be more than happy to hear your suggestions as we are always welcoming new ideas at our organization. We direct all employees to share any concerns regarding our management team to our Human Resources Department or to email employeeshare@kidsandcompany.com

Worst place to work
Early Childhood Educator (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC28 January 2018
I worked at a center called Kids world until the owners sold to Kids & Co. It wasn't too bad at first, but as time went the place really went downhill. The Company treats their employees very badly, they are open almost all year round, they pay their employees very badly, they don't give them the respect they deserve, it's all parent pleasing and as an employee you don't feel like they stick up for you. They are literally one of the worst centres to work at.
Pros
Co-workers tend to be friendly
Cons
Long hours, not enough pay
5 February 2018

Thank you for providing your honest feedback. We are sorry to hear that you felt you were not supported at work. Our Langley centre has been especially busy over the last few months and we can imagine how this would affect the moral of the team. We are currently taking measures to improve the situation. One of the most important changes includes hiring more staff to reduce stress at the centre. We hope to see improvements at the centre soon! With respect to your concerns regarding the management team, we encourage employees to contact our Human Resources Department or send any concerns to employeeshare@kidsandcompany.com

Could be much better
CDS (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB23 December 2017
So sad because this truly could be such a strong and rewarding place to work. However, the management is unsupportive and disrespectful. Expectations are unrealistic at times. When you make a mistake you never hear the end of it. And when you succeed it is hardly even acknowledged. I started out loving my job to no end. Unfortunately, bad management has made this not true anymore.
Pros
Working with children is so rewarding
Cons
No support or respect
5 February 2018

Thanks for your feedback. At Kids & Company, we truly believe we hire some of the best teachers! We value all of our employees and know it is vital for our management team to demonstrate support and show our appreciation. We aim to demonstrate this not only during employee & staff appreciation days, but all year round! Your comments are concerning to us and this is something we would like to look into further. Please reach out to our Human Resources Department or send your concerns to employeeshare@kidsandcompany.com

Low salary
EARLY CHILDHOOD SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  St. Albert25 November 2017
If not for the low salary it would be nice working here.Working in a daycare is not an easy job because you have the responsibility to ensure the safety of all the children under your supervision thus company should also ensure the security of the teachers like compensate them well.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
low salary
awesome workplace with lovely coworkers and kids!!
Early Childhood Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON31 October 2017
I loved my time at kidco!! Very busy environment so days go by fast. Great team that was very supportive and fun to be around. I learned so much from my coworkers and got to see children learn and grow. So rewarding and I was sad to leave.
Pros
fun work, pizza lunches
Cons
high turnover
A great program idea but no organization
Child Development Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 October 2017
I really liked the facility as it was bright and spacious. The daycare was a previous Little Einsteins daycare and had been bought out by K&C and it had a great philosophy and culture. I also liked the families and the children, it was a blast working with such great and friendly families.
The work involved long hours and there was no support from director who was barely present on site. Staff shortages were terrible and staff turn over awful, you just did not know who would come to work the next day. This made for a very hectic workplace that affected relations between staff. Staff did a great job, however, trying to keep the place going and take care of the children although they were
never supported or appreciated. The stress level was extremely high and some workers chose to quit as the stress load was too much to handle.

I feel sorry for all the good workers who got discouraged and abandoned an otherwise rewarding career.
Pros
Great facility, great families.
Cons
Lacks organization, high staff turnover, low staff appreciation.
16 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We value all feedback as we use this information to make improvements at our company. We are sorry to hear about your concerns. We recognize that there were a number of changes implemented as the center transitioned. During this challenging time, it is especially important for our staff to feel supported and appreciated. We encourage employees to share any concerns with their Center Director or Human Resources. Should you have further concerns, please contact us at employeeshare@kidsandcompany.com

Interesting people
Early Childhood Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 September 2017
Great place to gain experience in early career. Pay was low while I was there - $14.10 for RECEs. Easy advancement because of high turnover. Interesting families and colleagues from diverse backgrounds. Management is okay.
Pros
Easy advancement, Interesting people
Cons
Low pay, Short breaks
Enjoyable
HEAD CHEF/ECA (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON26 August 2017
Good environment and good place to work. Wages could be better but that's everywhere. Benefits were ok, could cover more. Coworkers were okay, need to work on NOT talking about each other.
Fun workplace
Early Years Educator (Former Employee) –  Langley, British Columbia Canada12 August 2017
I really enjoyed working at kids and company because I enjoyed the philosophy, I felt very welcome, staff and management were great. I loved my job and I loved working with the children. I never woke up and regretted coming to work.
Pros
beautiful playgrounds
Cons
low pay and minimal staff support but a fun place to work
Early Childhood Assistant, Toddler Room (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 August 2017
typical day care life. they offered a range of supplies. often didn't restock gloves though. co workers are always friendly and fun to work with. supply work is great.
good experience
Day Care Teacher (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 August 2017
Kids and Company is the largest chain of day care and really very good and up to date. its good for teachers and good for children also.

I had good experience to work with CEO of this company she was very nice and all directors were very nice too.
8 August 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We are so pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your time at Kids & Company!

Working by my self fidding around 90 kids do everything without help
Chef (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 June 2017
I love cooking and serving the kids, I learned a lot but for 6 months no help at all and no food warmer to keep the food for the kids and no dish washer and working by myself ,prep cook serve ,wash dishes do ordering and putting orders away .
Pros
Enjoy cooking
Cons
No help from the directress and others
21 June 2017

We appreciate your feedback! It’s great to hear that you enjoyed your time cooking and serving the children at our center. We’re sorry to hear you did not feel you had enough support in your role. At Kids & Company, we always encourage employees to share any concerns with their Supervisor or Human Resources in order for us to come up with a positive solution. Should you have any further comments or concerns, please feel free to reach our National HR Director at jaclyn.sopik@kidsandcompany.com.

Fun work environment
Volunteered as Assistant Co-op preschool 3 Teacher (Former Employee) –  236 Wellington St E, Aurora, ON L4G 1J510 May 2017
A typical day co-op working with preschoolers. I learned respect, kindness, teamwork, working preschoolers and how to help them.management was great learned alot. Workplace fun environment. Hardest part making sure none of the preschoolers ate anything they werent supposed to eat. Working with preschoolers and seeing them happy.
Pros
Brought lunch from home
Cons
Have to eat lunch before coming to placement.
Fun working environment
Early Childhood Educator (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC5 May 2017
Great experience to work at Kids&company. Free lunch provided everyday. Many opportunities to work with different ages of children's group and nice work environment overall.
Pros
free lunch, flexible schedule
Cons
low wages
Very friendly and conducive work environment
Child Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Evanston Manor, Calgary4 May 2017
Kids and Company Evanston Community Calgary has an excellent work culture and a very friendly environment. They respect cultural diversity and the director is a wonderful person. The staff have a great team spirit, they are reliable, dependable and trustworthy.The children and their families are excellent. they promote growth and welcome positive changes and contribution. They encourage employees development and actualization of their full potential.They promote hard work and are accomodating of new employees. I highly recommend them for any prospective employee.
Pros
Friendly environment and growth oriented work culture
Cons
Renumeraton should be improved

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KIDS & COMPANY. Our community is ready to answer.