Kidco Construction Ltd. Employee Reviews

Worst managed company I have worked for in my life
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 April 2018
Nothing but constant criticism from management, no wage increases in years, if you want to work for a company that doesn’t care about their employees this is the place for you
Pros
Tonnes of hours
Cons
Management is horrible
Productive and Fun Workplace
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 April 2018
Kidco offers a great work environment with an awesome workplace culture.
The only thing stopping you from excelling at Kiddo is your own self. The large number of staff that have grown along with Kidco over the years, provide an insight into the solid job security, and great opportunity for advancement within Kidco.
Poor leadership
Operator 2 (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 April 2018
You will be constantly criticized and nothing you do will be correct. Employees are encouraged to ratt out others. Long hours. No advancement opportunity. Good luck. To veteran operator would ever work here. The word is out about Kidco
Pros
It’s a job
Cons
You’ll quit anyways
Terrible Supervisors
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 February 2018
Extremely unprofessional supervisors, unable to have adult conversations about issues. Supervisors scream at people in front of other employees

Supervisors will not explain instructions clearly and then scream at you for asking for clarification or if you attempt to do what they explained poorly

There is no standard practices between supervisors, some will yell at you for doing something that someone else would yell at you for not doing. You have to adapt very quickly or you are either kicked to another site or fired.

Even the most competent and experienced operators are not safe from being screamed at by supervisors.

Employees are generally pretty nice to work with but a lot smoke weed and drink on the job, in one case someone was caught drinking on our shift and was only warned, not fired even with proof.

Pay is decent, hours are too long. Mandatory saturdays, expect to also work 1-2 sundays a month.
Horrible
Equipment Operator (seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 January 2018
Not only are you working 11 or 12 hour days for 6-7 days a week, I have personally had some terrible encounters with some of the foreman. I experienced harassment almost every day from foreman and co-workers. People are rude, don't want to see you succeed and everyone is constantly talking about each other behind their backs. It is a drama filled workplace, and people do not want to help you learn.
Pros
good money
Cons
everything else
It's Kidco
Rock Truck Driver, Scraper Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 May 2017
Decent Job for the money good hours but hard to advance anywhere unless you know someone.

great people to work with good job
Steam Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 May 2017
Is a great job as long as you can deal with poor management and bad decisions made by managers pay could be better for the job , I know I did it for them for a few years til I needed a weekend off and was laid off . Went to court to get my last weeks pay sad that I had to do that after 2 years of good work .
Pros
Lots of work
Cons
It's kidco
Good money, poor management
Field Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 March 2017
Great place to go if you need money bad. if you can put up with terrible management who doesn't care about you in the least. Hours are not consistent or guaranteed.
Pros
pays good
Cons
Terrible management
Good company to work for
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 October 2016
The hours were great and the people were friendly, it is a seasonal job during the summer, so we always had all winter off. Not bad place to work.
Pros
Consistent hours
Cons
Low wage
Not good
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 November 2012
Old machines
lots of breakdowns
No continuity of work
Some sites worse than others
Some supervisors worse than others
Pros
wages not bad
Cons
management & site supervisors