Kichton Contracting Ltd Employee Reviews for Equipment Operator

3.3Pay & Benefits
Worse outfit there is
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 September 2019
Started out at kichton and loved it but they grew too big to fast. Managment ended up having the worse attitude towards employees always being told you should be thankful you're working like they're doing you a favour.

The buddy system and politics is the strongest I've ever seen at any company. If you dont know a foreman or a leadhand you can forget about even being noticed

Overall as long as that moron owner still runs the show, kichton will ultimately fail.
Pros
I dont work there anymore
Cons
Kichton
Friends and buddy system in full affect
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 May 2019
This is one of those companies that promise you the world and does not deliver! For example they say that everyone gets a Christmas bonus as long as you show up every day and make it to the end of the season. Then they lay you off in early December(end of season ) and don't deliver! One Labourer lives with the Forman does all his paper work and very little physical labor, but has a job all year round. Meanwhile other Latour's who do more physical work by Mondays first coffee than he does for the entire work week loose there job! I once seen them load up the company truck with copper pipes from an atco site that we were working on. shoring and piling crew are a bunch of Pepsi heads.The said foreman and his buddy show up to work hung over on a daily basis. If you like working with rift raft /trailer trash! Then you will love it. Other than that stay clear!they under pay everyone with the promise of the year end bonus that never comes.I witnessed the layoff of a 13 year long employee while said Forman and his buddy (first year)worked all year round. True 80's oilfield company!
Pros
Lots of hours during the summer month
Cons
To much riff raft /trailer trash! back stabbing goofs
Official response from Kichton Contracting Ltd
22 August 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion; we appreciate your feedback.

Kichton is proud of our compensation program, and confident in our reward system(s).

Though layoffs are necessary in the construction industry, there are certainly a number of versatile employees that earn the ability to stay busy right through the winter months.

Kichton strives for solid team camaraderie, and we are happy to hear that our employees are co-workers and friends.

We would welcome further discussion on any concerns you may have; please feel free to reach out directly, or email info@kichton.com with any further feedback.

Lots of hours promises not delivered one
Equipment Operator/Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 February 2018
Was hired on originally as an equipment operator/ labourer was promised that training would be provided on additional equipment, that promise never materialized into actual training.

Be very careful if you hire on and read everything stated in your hiring contract twice. The pay while acceptable really doesn't cover up the lack of advancement, or even additional training.

Also field projects are hamstrung by lack of equipment. Or equipment so ancient it should be in a museum.
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
No additional training, Undersized equipment, ancient equipment.
Job Sucked
Equipment operator (Former Employee) –  Acheson, AB27 June 2017
Hired on with new division they opened
Foremans were clueless and management hung them out to dry along with servers good employees. They have no business being in deep services.
Great place to grow and learn.
heavy equipment operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 September 2015
Learned a great deal about planning on site and operating a multitude of machinery. Team leaders that are willing to go the distance to complete projects under their control. The people are fun to work with and make a great team. The most difficult part of the job is dealing with office politics that can get in the way of completing tasks. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing your efforts evolve into a structure- being a part of something lasting.
Pros
Learning experiences.
Cons
Politics can get complicated at times.
Excellent Employer
Heavy equipment operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 April 2013
Great company to work for. Extras include golf tournament, events for employees & a good Christmas party. Great operators work for this company. Great leadership!
Pros
good bonus
Cons
grown to fast.