Kichton Contracting Ltd Employee Reviews in Acheson, AB

Diverse scope of work, decent wage, enjoyable crews.
Labourer/Operator (Former Employee) –  Acheson, AB18 July 2019
I enjoyed the diverse scope of work, no two jobs were the same therefore I did gain quite a bit of experience and really enjoyed the crews I worked with and my first foreman was wonderful to work with. However, HR/ recruitment is dreadful and incredibly unprofessional. There is zero job security and if you show any interest in moving up within the company or want in gaining experience in equipment you will be accused of not wanting to work and having an attitude problem which results in being “shipped off” (I was lucky and was given opportunities in equipment, however this was something I saw with a lot of the other labourers). The only way to get ahead is to be deceitful and step on the person beside you rather than put in the work and effort and get ahead honestly. The civil super I worked with was deceitful, ego centric and still believed that in order to be a good superior your workers needed to fear you and be afraid of losing their job.

All in all, I would not recommend working for Kichton as a first choice or choosing them for a long term career however gaining experience in many different aspects of earthworks, the crews and a small number of decent foremen made my time with them worthwhile.
Pros
Supplied accommodations and LOA, diverse scope of work
Cons
Unprofessional, deceitful.
Complete joke
Operator (Former Employee) –  Acheson, AB29 January 2019
Worked there for a few years. Management only cover their own butts. They don’t care about you or your family just the job. They short change the contractors. Over charge all the time. Some people make the day wonderful but every spring a hire on of too many inexperienced people. Then by winter too many laid off. If you need time off forget about it. If you have grievances forget telling anyone, Forman will tell you they will replace you at the tip of a hat. The company’s in the same area are awesome compared to them. Just look at their google reviews.
Pros
A pay check
Cons
Everything but the pay check (management, hours, poor maintained equipment, lack of training, etc.)
good leadership and safety programs
Employee (Current Employee) –  ACHESON14 November 2018
Caring company who try to carry employees year round.
Some friendship and family connections hurt independence needed for consistency of good business delivery.
Pros
Leadership cares
Cons
Middle management need grooming on leadership and interpersonal skills.
Job Sucked
Equipment operator (Former Employee) –  Acheson, AB27 June 2017
Hired on with new division they opened
Foremans were clueless and management hung them out to dry along with servers good employees. They have no business being in deep services.
very productive workplace
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Acheson, AB4 April 2017
this company allowed me to grow in places where i had weak strengths, and allowed me to accel in areas i had strong strengths in. as well as top notch benefits
Pros
competitive incentives
Cons
beneifits
learn lots out in the field
Labourer (Current Employee) –  Acheson, AB26 March 2017
There is a variety of work that the company does. Underground to erecting buildings. Utilise hand tools to large equipment. Work around the weather- extreme cold too hot days.
Pros
treated somewhat fairly
Cons
work all weather
Awesome all-round
Labourer/Gradesman/Operator (Former Employee) –  Acheson, AB27 July 2014
Great company to work for. Advancing is easy if you're a good worker. Extra 2 dollars an hour upon hire, and an bonus scotia bank account, which is 2 dollars per hour for every hour added to this account, and is deposited monthly.

Foreman's/superintendents are very friendly and experienced. Great co-workers and company. Fantastic job security.

I highly recommend working for this company.
Pros
Cons
Out of town work involves staying out of town until the work is done