KIA Motors Employee Reviews

Kia motors
Car Detailer (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE17 December 2019
When I worked at Kia it was a faster paced environment, with plenty of tasks that needed to be done. The staff was great and never had any troubles with anyone.
Delivery auto parts jobs
Delivery auto parts and vehicles (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC24 July 2019
Able to multitasking at a busy condition.
Responsibility and passionate personality.
Willing to learn and perform new ability quickly and effectively.
Sherwood Kia is possibly the worst dealership to work at
Car Detailer (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB13 June 2019
Sherwood Kia is managed by people who not only have no idea what they are doing but they play favourites and go out of their way to be rude and difficult to work with if they do not like you. Several areas of the shop are hazardous to the point that injury can occur including a moderate to severe propane leak that was known about by both managers and the owner of the dealership yet nothing was done about it. The pay is terrible and the person in charge of pay cons you of money. I know this because i recorded my hours, calculated it to the cent and taken taxes off and was still short ranging from 8 dollars to an entire 150 dollars off which several other workers have noticed and talked to her which only led to the workers being written up and getting in trouble. You cannot get ahold of anyone to know what your schedule is and they will not respond when you ask for days off. If you go on vacation for a week they will slash your hours heavily. Do not work for this company unless you like being screwed over on the daily, picked on by managers and dealing with a hazardous work environment.
Pros
“Free” coffee
Cons
Unreliable hours, unreasonable managers, sketchy shop, less pay than what you worked
Productive and fun working with car parts
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 March 2019
This is great place to work but unfortunately the company had to cut my hours short for budgets cuts, Other guys working at Kia were angry disappointed and upset for losing 10 plus years on the job so I can complain it was just healthy for all of us.
this work helps me to improve my ability in doing physical activities.
Lot attendant (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC1 November 2018
friendly environment. more cooperative staff. there are some complicated tasks that sometimes seems to be tough but with the passage of time, it makes us comfortable to do.
Good Work Good Job Lasts like 18 months washing and polishing cars
Lot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK1 October 2018
get paid and its gone to rent
if you want a review go there they have cool cars
drive to the gas station in cars all day was my job i also cleaned used and new inventory i parked up at least 1.45ML dollars of cars for them just go there and buy some cars
Pros
free lunches
Cons
hard work cleaning cars
Product auto car parts in big companies
Production technician (Current Employee) –  Southkorea20 July 2018
I love my work because it helps me to gain some practical experience in the field of producing auto parts. I also gained experience in dealing with different types of equipment.
Pros
We have tow free meal
Cons
There is no functional gradient
Lot Manager
Lot Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 March 2018
Eight to nine hours shifts. Monday to Friday. Wash cars, gas cars, organize dealership car inventory. Travel to and from warehouse of 200 vehicles to retrieve more inventory or exchange models. Inspect and sign off on truck load deliveries of cars.Shuttle drivers to and from personal addresses.
Pros
Ability to be outdoors and indoors
Cons
Lots of keys to keep track of.
Awesome place!
Weekend Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC22 March 2017
A workplace that makes you feel like family! I love the managers and the weekend tasks are manageable. The staff is very welcoming and all customers are easy to talk to. A perfect job for a student!
Pros
Free lunches on Saturday and late start (11am) on Sunday
Cons
Long hour on Saturday (7:45am to 6:30pm)
Nice clean brand new shop to work in
Head Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB14 October 2016
Being lead tech I was responsible for shop set up as well mentoring the other two apprentices there. As a dealership we were required to fix every aspect of a vehicle as well as a preventive maintenance programme. Here I was able to hone my diagnostic abilities an my electrical skills as each vehical through the door went through me for initial inspection. One the most enjoyable experiences there was the after hour baseball an hockey teams they had
good
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto Zoo, ON24 May 2016
good place to work flexible hours good team good management good for students. Good use of skills in accounting get to learn a lot about financing
Not my thing
Lot Boy (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC30 January 2015
Although i worked with friends i dis like the environment of working in a car dealership, it almost seems like you are always the one blamed. also theirs no real challenge to being a lot boy i like working hands on and doing something you can be proud of after.
Pros
relaxed
Cons
the people you work with/pecking order
Fun productive
Shipping & Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 January 2015
this was a fun productive workplace and I enjoyed working there a lot ! I would work there again . I loved the management and my team. The employees made coming to work more enjoyable.
Fun-loving family oriented place
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 February 2013
I enjoyed working for the family of Kia Motors. The day went by as we all worked together as a team. We succeeded our goals as we worked together and set aside our differences.No ill-treated you there and everyone had respect for each other. I loved working there but I need a full-time occupation,where I can exceed more into my job and try to make the day pleasant for all of the employees.
Pros
lunches on saturday, everyone is professional
Cons
late closing, very low wage.
Very comfortable and warm atmosphere.
Sales and Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 November 2012
Salary and work life balance together make it not worth the long hours.
Great place to work. Very motivational PDC Manager
Parts Distribution Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga18 September 2012
Good company, great people. The salary could be better, and this would stop the high turn over rate. Its advanced workplace mentality. You have to want to work there and show your stuff to be accepted. Its a good business plan. If I owned it I would run it the same way
Pros
great team members
Cons
high turn over rate