KGS Research

Canada132 reviews

Clear
2.7Pay & benefits

Fun place to work

It's a fun place to work. There are a mix of easy and hard campaigns. And you have to know your topic to do well. Id say try to maintain your days off that your doing other stuff on. And work productively while your there. I got a C grade for a 3rd year undergraduate course, and the requirement to graduate is a C+ overall.

Pros

Computers in the office that are clunky and outdated but run smooth

Cons

Low pay --but awesome benefits

Great Summer Job

I worked at this company last summer and left because of school. Management is very nice and reasonable, they took be back for another spring summer term this year. I already thought last year was pretty decent, but this year they had changed a lot, especially their work from home program and wage increase. Overall, if you do the work and meet performance standards this is an very enjoyable job.

Pros

nice people, work from home

Cons

Stressful position. Will cut hours if you dont get a survey.

Not worth it. Don’t recommend this job to anyone as it is poorly managed. Expect shift cancellations and having your hours reduced if you do not get a survey.

Pros

None.

Cons

Long hours, Stressful

Not at all what it seems

In the interest of transparency, the actual working hours here are: Mon - Fri: 2PM to 1AM Saturday: 12PM to 10PMSunday: 12PM to 10PMAnd at times, the shifts are simply canceled and you don't work at all. No benefits, no O/T.

Good place to work at for students

A typical day at work would be answering calls and taking surveys. The hours were not flexible, but it's a good job if you want to get quick money. I'd recommend it for students, but only for a few months because it gets tiring after a while.

Relaxed but long hours

Co-workers are very nice and helpful but the hour’s are very long and stressful. They also don't pay your full amount of hours you worked. It is work from home, but they won’t let you work from home unless you demand it.

This place is funny

My favourite part about this job is that they call you a “Team” but you never directly work with any of your co workers. You get put in a server of like 50 people on Skype and I could have like 12 surveys done already (quota is 8) and they would still complain and type to everyone in the group chat that quota is down and people aren’t working hard enough but I’m over here busting my butt over quota…Never got a raise or promotion or thanked for having over 8 surveys a day sometimes 11-14 a day and nobody ever personally messaged saying thank you or anything. You start at different time everyday. Forget having your shift given to you ahead of time, your told the night before whether you work the next day or not. I’ve had it where they messaged me 20 mins before the shift starts telling me we worked. So if you like being told you have to work in 20 mins and getting random shifts canceled here and there then this place is for you. Lots of forced overtime and then when you say you can’t work they make you feel bad. Threaten to take away shifts when your co workers are underperforming like I said I average over 8 surveys a day so I’m okay but they message the entire group chat saying they will take away shifts because of under performance when I’m exceeding quota and working as hard as I can. You get bad attitude from management when you did nothing wrong.

start looking for other work immediate after starting this one

they just throw you on the phone to do surveys with minimal training, when you ask for help in their chat it takes them awhile to reply or they give you attitude. Would only recommend this if you need work immediately. trust me you will be looking for new work a day after your first shift.

Pros

work from home

Cons

work till 12am, no growth, little help from supervisors/management when you have questions, not hired an employee so no benefits or security of work as they hire you as ‘contractor’

If I could rate no stars I would

They do not train you enough to succeed here at this company. You reach out for help and there is no help, no communication. They don’t pay you well and do not pay correctly for your hours worked. This place is terrible no wonder they always are in need of hiring new people

Cons

long hours, incorrect pay, no communication/ help, do not train you well enough for in shift working

Annoying and long hours, don't reply on time, don't keep their word

having to deal with rude customers and random shift changes and extensions were the worst. i worked from home so i guess that made it much easier. the pay was minimum wage, not worth the amount of work put into this job.

It's okay

It's a good place to work and last time I was there they were very flexible and are willing to work around your schedule and the people that work there are pretty freindly

Terrible

Not a career job not a liveable wage and hours are terrible. Micro managed and pay is not worth how much work and talking you do. Only pay by cheque which is irritating

Decent Job to have

This job is pretty decent considering it is a work from home call centre job. Everyday you are calling people to ask about their opinions on certain topics and you enter in the computer. Culture seems to be pretty relaxed, but I work from home so I don't really interact with a lot of people. The pay is good too.

Pros

pay, work from home

Bunch of posers

Easy work. Managers are creeps and stalkers . Won',t leave you alone. Expects you to know everything after they tell youbone time as if you are a resedential school student.

Pros

Flexible time schedule

Cons

Long hours. Managements are creeps.

Employed during the pandemic

This company has kept me employed during the pandemic. I love the flexibility working from home and also taking care of my family during these times. I have learned that even though working from home has its benefits, but being self discipline with is work is important too. I have been working here for almost a year now and it is still enjoyable and I would recommend this job to a friend.

Pros

flexible schedule, work from home option

Cons

handle rude customers

View on this company

Very flexible in terms of time and hours the pay is fair from far as I know and great job for a person with very good communication skills and also social skills but otherwise It’s a good place to work

N/a

It's a typical call center job with okay -decent hours nothing too crazy, it's impossible to find out how many hours you're getting paid for and what deductions are being taken out of the check.

Convenient and Easy Job

I had a great experience working at KGS and having the ability to work from home. They were very accommodating and provide many hours to work. They were really flexible as well if I needed time off to study.

Pros

flexible, many hours, nice staff

Worst company to work for

This company was the worst place that I have ever worked at a lot of mis management happening and a lot of stressful long hours. They company's servers go down quite often so you lose time and money The only thing I'm happy about with this company is the experience that I got nothing more

Pros

Cons

Extra long hours poor management

Insane Flexibility

I love this job for the flexibility it provides me. I was told they would set me up to work from home in two weeks. But they did it in 6 days due to my performance. I'm honestly impressed so far as they have been quite flexible with me and allowed me to make up my hours if I ever missed a shift. They also allow you to pick up extra shifts as well. Honestly working from home just sitting and making calls isn't too bad considering the pay.

Pros

Flexible and easy

Poor scheduling and pay

I had asked to be scheduled for weekends only, and hadn't been able to work due to sickness or schooling. They tell us if you can't go to work for any reason, email staffing. I email them I can't go to work because of cultural reasons, and they take my email as a letter of resignation. They also don't pay in full, even though they don't take taxes off of your paycheck. Any attempt to inquire pay breakdown is met with many excuses.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KGS Research. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement