KGS Research
Happiness score is 60 out of 100

KGS Research Employee Reviews

Decent Job to have

This job is pretty decent considering it is a work from home call centre job. Everyday you are calling people to ask about their opinions on certain topics and you enter in the computer. Culture seems to be pretty relaxed, but I work from home so I don't really interact with a lot of people. The pay is good too.

Pros

pay, work from home

Terrible

Not a career job not a liveable wage and hours are terrible. Micro managed and pay is not worth how much work and talking you do. Only pay by cheque which is irritating

Nice place to work at!

I worked there for a short period because I needed to have a call center experience. In the beginning, I was a little afraid that they’d have the “if you don’t do the target you are fired” speech. Instead, they have a great team who is always there to help, and to make you achieve your daily goal. Even though the hours were pretty long sometimes, the team is very friendly, and the manager is one of the best I’ve ever had!

Pros

Easy money, friendly staff

Cons

I had a great experience

During my time with this company it has been pleasant. I learned a lot that I otherwise would have not in regular day to day life. This company deserves some positive recognition. I have learned so much about customer service and communication on this job that it had helped me land my next opportunity.

Pros

learning new things, customer service experience, work from home

Cons

Not worth it. Don't waste your time.

Management don't know how to train properly. Training was supposed to be 2 weeks. They finished in 1.5 days, then they throw you in. Don't bother having any questions, or family related problems they will discard you just as fast as they hired you. If you get terminated from this place. Consider it a blessing! Go find somewhere that you're actually valued as a person.

Pros

The ability to work from home

Cons

No regard for human rights. Shifts are not set in stone

Best workfrom home job I've had

I joined KGS not expecting much because I was in need of a job. My perspective had changed after the first day of training. The job itself was straight forward but training program had a lot to do with my success, everything was clear and helpful. The staff there are also very easy going and willing to help and I also met a lot of new friends here too. I see myself working here for at least another year!

Pros

evening shifts

Pretty good job

I joined this company because I just needed a quick job and working from home and call center seems pretty good. I attended orientation at the office, loved the team here so much I decided to work in the office instead. It is enjoyable to talk to different people on the phone, but sometimes the hours are relatively long.. but at least there are hours to work during this time.

Pros

the team, flexibility

Cons

Worst company ive ever worked for

I’ve had some pretty bad jobs before but nothing compares to this:- They do push polls and spread false information. - They hire anyone because so many people leave.- Management doesn’t follow their own rules & dress code, they are all lazy hoodrats. Management is so rude & unprofessional. - They fire people on the spot without any warning. - They don’t pay you sometimes. - The door is locked 24/7, i guess they expect you to teleport in bc they get mad when you’re late. - They got mad at me on my first day because I didn’t know what I was doing. - They don’t reply to important emails - They cancel and give you shifts unexpectedly, I was told I had a shift at 3am on the day of. - They make you stay overtime but don’t pay you overtime, sometimes they also make you leave early without warning- The hours are inconsistentTHIS PLACE IS A JOKE

Pros

Easy money IF they pay you

Cons

Poor management, this place is a joke

Bunch of posers

Easy work. Managers are creeps and stalkers . Won',t leave you alone. Expects you to know everything after they tell youbone time as if you are a resedential school student.

Pros

Flexible time schedule

Cons

Long hours. Managements are creeps.

Great Summer Job

I worked at this company last summer and left because of school. Management is very nice and reasonable, they took be back for another summer this year. I already thought last year was pretty decent, but this year they had changed a lot, especially their work from home program. Overall, if you do the work and meet performance standards this is an very enjoyable job.

Pros

nice people, work from home

Prepare to work 6 days a week with no consistentcy in work

It's expected that you work a min of 6 days a week. At points, they told us we needed to work 2 different clients, working 13 days straight, over 50 a hour WITH NO OVER TIME PAY BECAUSE WE ARE INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS and if we didn't like that then our services were no longer needed as described in multiple work emails. Most sketchy employment. No one claims there income on their taxes. Head manager mystery died. Supervisors are bunch of "hoodrats". This isn't my first call centre job and it's embarrassing that I work 6 days a week with hours consistently changing only to make about $1000-$2000 a month. You better off finding a part-time min wage job ANYWHERE. At least you will have time to do stuff with your life and get paid the same amount of money.

Pros

You learn that govornment political parties pay this company money to spread propaganda campagns

Cons

Your told to lie to people in your pitch and No consistencty in work

I have been working here for a few years in the office admin team and my experience has been pretty good. The management team is nice, and workplace culture is really relaxed. Before the pandemic, they had an on-site gym open for staff to use and I took advantage and worked out during my lunch break. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to learn different areas of the research business while working with wonderful colleagues. At times it does get overwhelming with the amount of work put on to you but personally I like the challenge - also it just means the business is doing well. The hardest part about this job is working at home and away from collaborating in person with my co-workers.

Pros

on-site gym, work perks, location

Cons

working from home as I prefer to work in the office

Pleasant Job

This job is probably the easiest and most pleasant one I have had in a long time. I learned a lot working here and I am not the most techy person. They did a great job training me working in the office during the summer and transferred me to work from home. I still get computer issues, but the support team is always there to help me troubleshoot. Overall I am impressed by the culture, the job itself and happy I am able to be work from home during these times.

Pros

approachable management team, flexible hours, work from home

Cons

long hours, sometimes shifts get cancelled

A great place to work

I have been working here for almost 2 years now and I am enjoying it. A typical day in my role consists of a lot of programming in an office, with a team collaborative environment. This position has taught me a lot about team building, and the importance of communication because it will cause a lot of issues down the line. i.e. ensuring projects are error free, efficiencies etc. The most enjoyable part about this job is the level of autonomy I have in my work, I was able to successfully implement a few new processes, and my managers trusted me 100%. Overall, if you are a driven person who wants to put in the work, this is a position I would recommend.

Pros

autonomy, good team, management

Cons

commute (personally) but working from home now due to provincial protocols

Employed during the pandemic

This company has kept me employed during the pandemic. I love the flexibility working from home and also taking care of my family during these times. I have learned that even though working from home has its benefits, but being self discipline with is work is important too. I have been working here for almost a year now and it is still enjoyable and I would recommend this job to a friend.

Pros

flexible schedule, work from home option

Cons

handle rude customers

Highly Recommend working here

Working at KGS has brought change to my life. As a single mother of 2 children, I never had the confidence to deal with the public. Since working here, I speak confidently, can control my calls and enjoy speaking with various individuals. Thanks to the helpful floor support, quality control and the call center manager, I am able to open new doors I never thought possible. This may sound fake. I truly love working here. Some may not gain the same experience I have, however I have two extra mouths to feed and came to work, not fool around. It has paid off.

Easy money, just do the work

All you are doing is basically calling people and collecting their opinions over the phone. The best part of this job is the job itself, it's easy money.. you can even work at home. But make sure you do the work and know how to clock in properly to get paid. I've been working here since March and it has saved me financially big time since i was graduating from beauty school but because of covid no salons were hiring. I would recommend this job to anyone in need of a job or to learn new skills.

Nice work environment

I like to work at KGS because of all the cool things I get to do here. A regular day at the office I will call people to do surveys about different things, since I speak another language.. I also get to do surveys in another language as well. The best part of the job is probably before covid19 when the gym was open, I used to be able to go workout before starting my shift. People are nice here and I made some friends.

Great job to have

This call center job is great job to have, every shift you just do surveys and meetings here and there. The culture here is pretty chill, you can wear whatever to express yourself as long as you don't dress like you are going to bed. Management are pretty nice as well but don't take advantage them. The hardest part of the job is when people say no to you over the phone, but that's life not everyone will say yes.

This job is great if you need the hours and enjoy talking to people.

A typical day at work for me includes doing a lot of surveys over the phone. Because of doing this job, I actually learned a lot about communication skills over the phone and getting the information I want from people. Management and workplace culture are pretty relaxed, you get to wear what is comfortable, and when you need help, they are there. This job is great if you need the hours and enjoy talking to people.

Great experience

This job has provided me the confidence to get back into the workforce. I was a stay at home mom for a while and at the beginning of covid-19, I needed to start working again to provide for my family. KGS provided paid training, the training program was organized and professional.. I was able to work from home after a week! A typical day working from home is great, I get to talk and connect with a lot of people across North America. The hardest part would be working to 12am sometimes 12:30am because I have to get up early the next morning for my kids. Overall I am having a great experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KGS Research. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8Job security/advancement