KGS Research

KGS Research Employee Reviews

Featured review
KGS Research selected this as a representative review
This is my weekend job. They have very flexible hours and a relaxed work environment. The supervisors are very nice and patient. They are willing to take the time and put in the effort to train and teach you how to better perform the interview. My hours have been steady for the past few months, a solid 12:30 pm to 9:00 pm on Saturday and Sunday.
I have been working for about 6 months now into this job and its been going good. Like many I looked up reviews about this company and had to think twice, but I thought I would at least go through the interview part to see for myself and I am glad I did. During the interview, they told me exactly what to expect. The staff here are nice, and supervisors do have favourites. You are a favourite if you are dependable and reliable and they trust you can get the job done, and its only natural if you are tardy, always calling in sick to be not as depended on.. and if you are on that list you are lucky they are nice and still keep you employed in my opinion. In general, this is a good job to have if you loss a job and need a job quick or in between careers. I am glad I got this job during the pandemic.
Pros
nice staff, flexible work days, work from home
Cons
I have been working here for a few years in the office admin team and my experience has been pretty good. The management team is nice, and workplace culture is really relaxed. Before the pandemic, they had an on-site gym open for staff to use and I took advantage and worked out during my lunch break. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to learn different areas of the research business while working with wonderful colleagues. At times it does get overwhelming with the amount of work put on to you but personally I like the challenge - also it just means the business is doing well. The hardest part about this job is working at home and away from collaborating in person with my co-workers.
Pros
on-site gym, work perks, location
Cons
working from home as I prefer to work in the office
This job is probably the easiest and most pleasant one I have had in a long time. I learned a lot working here and I am not the most techy person. They did a great job training me working in the office during the summer and transferred me to work from home. I still get computer issues, but the support team is always there to help me troubleshoot. Overall I am impressed by the culture, the job itself and happy I am able to be work from home during these times.
Pros
approachable management team, flexible hours, work from home
Cons
long hours, sometimes shifts get cancelled
I have been working here for almost 2 years now and I am enjoying it. A typical day in my role consists of a lot of programming in an office, with a team collaborative environment. This position has taught me a lot about team building, and the importance of communication because it will cause a lot of issues down the line. i.e. ensuring projects are error free, efficiencies etc. The most enjoyable part about this job is the level of autonomy I have in my work, I was able to successfully implement a few new processes, and my managers trusted me 100%. Overall, if you are a driven person who wants to put in the work, this is a position I would recommend.
Pros
autonomy, good team, management
Cons
commute (personally) but working from home now due to provincial protocols
This company has kept me employed during the pandemic. I love the flexibility working from home and also taking care of my family during these times. I have learned that even though working from home has its benefits, but being self discipline with is work is important too. I have been working here for almost a year now and it is still enjoyable and I would recommend this job to a friend.
Pros
flexible schedule, work from home option
Cons
handle rude customers
This employer elected to publish survey results gathered via Indeed Insider. The survey results included this review. The employer has indicated that the reviewer was a current employee at the time this review was written.
Working at KGS has brought change to my life. As a single mother of 2 children, I never had the confidence to deal with the public. Since working here, I speak confidently, can control my calls and enjoy speaking with various individuals. Thanks to the helpful floor support, quality control and the call center manager, I am able to open new doors I never thought possible. This may sound fake. I truly love working here. Some may not gain the same experience I have, however I have two extra mouths to feed and came to work, not fool around. It has paid off.
All you are doing is basically calling people and collecting their opinions over the phone. The best part of this job is the job itself, it's easy money.. you can even work at home. But make sure you do the work and know how to clock in properly to get paid. I've been working here since March and it has saved me financially big time since i was graduating from beauty school but because of covid no salons were hiring. I would recommend this job to anyone in need of a job or to learn new skills.
I like to work at KGS because of all the cool things I get to do here. A regular day at the office I will call people to do surveys about different things, since I speak another language.. I also get to do surveys in another language as well. The best part of the job is probably before covid19 when the gym was open, I used to be able to go workout before starting my shift. People are nice here and I made some friends.
This call center job is great job to have, every shift you just do surveys and meetings here and there. The culture here is pretty chill, you can wear whatever to express yourself as long as you don't dress like you are going to bed. Management are pretty nice as well but don't take advantage them. The hardest part of the job is when people say no to you over the phone, but that's life not everyone will say yes.
A typical day at work for me includes doing a lot of surveys over the phone. Because of doing this job, I actually learned a lot about communication skills over the phone and getting the information I want from people. Management and workplace culture are pretty relaxed, you get to wear what is comfortable, and when you need help, they are there. This job is great if you need the hours and enjoy talking to people.
This job has provided me the confidence to get back into the workforce. I was a stay at home mom for a while and at the beginning of covid-19, I needed to start working again to provide for my family. KGS provided paid training, the training program was organized and professional.. I was able to work from home after a week! A typical day working from home is great, I get to talk and connect with a lot of people across North America. The hardest part would be working to 12am sometimes 12:30am because I have to get up early the next morning for my kids. Overall I am having a great experience.
Friendly environment Learn a lot about different current events Best part is when you are on a call. Hardest part is when you are constantly calling people and they don't want to participate.
If you are a professional and with high work standards, I recommend working at KGS. There are no assigned seating so far to many times I am sitting among an immature person or group. Who almost always find themselves in trouble. This is very frustrating, and makes your day longer. However, the management staff although patient with these people, does do a good job. Since my 9 months working here, I only had one paycheck discrepancy which was resolved and added to my following paycheck. Overall I love working here because of the hours of operation, the manager is flexible with my school schedule and I can work extra hours.
Very flexible in terms of time and hours the pay is fair from far as I know and great job for a person with very good communication skills and also social skills but otherwise It’s a good place to work
It's a typical call center job with okay -decent hours nothing too crazy, it's impossible to find out how many hours you're getting paid for and what deductions are being taken out of the check.
KGS Research is like no other outbound call center. We specifically focus on political surveys within the USA. The work is rewarding because we have a direct effect within the political landscape based on the information we gather for our clients. We work with a diverse group of interviewers ranging from 17 years old to 60 years old. We also help balance our students work and school life. During our first lockdown in March, we undertook a very challenging project of converting our call center interviewers to home interviewers. We were very successful in a short time without interfering with our business and interviewers hours. I highly recommend working at KGS Research.
KGS has provided me an amazing opportunity, I was able to transfer myself from fast food into the office. I have learned a lot about being on the phone from my co-workers and the management team. The only hard part of the job is the long hours but also the best part is the culture everyone is nice and fun to talk to.
I have learned a lot while being an agent at KGS from the staff here. I started off not knowing anything about working in the office or working on the phones but the training staff was really patient and helped me along the way. They made sure they had my back with notes on what to say in what situation. When corona started my family wanted me to quit and stay home - I was actually really sad to go but management planned ahead and accommodated me to work from home. Working from home has been amazing, I save money on taking TTC but most importantly save myself the risk from being in public and on the bus.
Over all the job is great, I really enjoyed it and learned a lot of new things. Management cared about me, there were times I had an emergency and they accommodated by letting me make up my hours. Training was paid, and I got to work from home in less than a week, this is amazing with the whole corona situation happening everywhere.
Pros
Flexibility and work from home
Cons
This job helped me learn a lot about communication skills and increased my level of comfort when working with others. They are very understanding and the supervisors are easy to talk with. The hours are flexible and you can do other work ( school work, etc) during your hours there. Overall, its an easy, relaxable job where you can be you and do your own things while working there.
  1. Employee reviews