KF Aerospace

KF Aerospace Employee Reviews

Canada28 reviews
Very Interesting
Was a great place to work. People there were wonderful, it was almost like its own world. The job itself was challenging and alot to learn. It was a very clicky place so get along with others. There is alot of harsh chemicals used there ao not a great place for people with sensitivities.
25 November 2019
Thank you for your feedback! It is true that we work with harsh chemicals but it is our policy that employees can only work with chemicals if they have taken the proper training and are wearing the appropriate PPE. We also aim to provide an inclusive environment for all employees. If this wasn't your experience, please reach out to Madison at (250)491-5500, so we can address these concerns.
Amazing place to work!
KF Aerospace has been an amazing place to work. Lots of room to grow if you are starting out. Wage increases, good benefits, family-friendly environment and positive people. Company itself is growing and management is extremely helpful and welcoming. Great work-life balance. Would recommend working at KF Aerospace to anyone!
very friendly
KF Aerospace is a great place to work. People there are very friendly and always willing to help. The environment is a safe place at KF aerospace safety is the top priority there.
productive and muti tasking
i used the rf scanner and scanned mechanic tools to the mechanics, lift 20lbs,used computer for inventory of tools.organized tools, murti tasked and work in fast paced environment.
20 January 2020
Thank you so much for the review! We truly appreciate the acknowledgement and are so pleased to hear about your experience. Wishing you all the best in the next steps of your career!
Extremely low pay for Feild
$17 and change to start at an aerospace company is unrealistic.
Was told on the phone interview that wages could be negotiated, when I went in for the interview it was brought up and then shut down in the same sentence without any negotiation.

Being in a department that you're exposed to dangerous chemicals, even with proper PPE, it's still dangerous and unhealthy and wages should absolutely match up with the workplace Hazzard level. This company does not, and as far as I see from other reviews, they just say they use proper PPE, but don't be fooled. PPE does not protect you from all the risks working with chemicals brings.

The job itself seems easy enough, but people need livable wages too.

They can build a new wing, hire hundreds of new employees but can't pay people more for the special skills they bring to the table.
20 January 2020
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review.

If you’re willing to provide a few more details about your experience it would be greatly appreciated. Please contact me at 905-679-3313 ext. 3246. Information such as your position in the company help us to ensure we continue to improve.

We wish you all the best with the next steps in your career. -Diana
Dangerous work. Harmful chemicals, garbage PPE
If you want to die young work here. The day shifts are cake but the night shifts are 12 hour zombie shifts. KF did not clearly state what I would be doing during the night shifts and threw me in. Washing airplanes with harmful chemicals and broken PPE. Careful working here
9 December 2019
I am sorry to hear that you didn’t have a positive experience while working for us. We take your feedback seriously. Aircraft Services Technicians are required to work rotating shifts including the occasional graveyards which is discussed at multiple stages of the recruitment process. Knowing the afternoon or graveyard shift is difficult on people, we offer incentives when working the shift such as a paid lunch or graveyard premium. It is also discussed that the position is subjected to dangerous chemicals. We provide employees who work with chemicals with proper training and PPE, so they are safe on the job. We are a big company and equipment can go through wear-and-tear, so any damaged or broken PPE can be reported to your Supervisor or our Safety Management System which ensures potentially unsafe working conditions are identified and resolved immediately. If this wasn’t the case for you, please call Madison at 250.491.5500 so we can investigate your concerns.
Get ready to learn and grow!
Hangar Support is a great way to learn how to apply your customer service skills to a more trades-oriented company. I was able to learn a lot about the world of aerospace, as well as about myself. Management works with you to create new opportunities and if you work hard, the pay increases help too. My favorite part of the job would be getting to work with people from all walks of life, learning from their successes and failures.
Just another number in a big company
Was employed as a painter in the kelowna airport. Felt like painters were on the bottom of the totem pole. Even with experience the pay scale does not match the years taken off life by using the chemicals provided...even with all safety precautions in place...it just doesn't pay enough....unless you live in your parents basement.
Pros
Team atmosphere
Cons
Pay
25 November 2019
I am sorry to hear that you didn't have a positive experience while working for us. We take your feedback seriously. The Aircraft Painter position is subjected to many chemicals. However, we do provide employees who work with chemicals with proper training and PPE, so they are safe on the job. If this was not your experience, please contact Madison at (250)491-5500. We have also increased the wages for this position to reflect the hard demands of the role.
I have worked at KF for awhile and have watched the positive changes they have made throughout the years. With the massive expansion happening the opportunities for learning and advancement will be here for a long time. Good pension plan, good benefits and a very competitive salary.
Pros
Good shifts, Competitive Salary
Good People. Lots of support
Kf Aerospace has been a great place to work. Shifts are reasonable. No forced overtime. Lots of on the job training and room to expand your knowledge. Small company vibe with the benefits of working for a large, established company. Overall good people in management although they like to put young inexperienced people in higher positions.
Pros
Standard work days
Cons
Inexperienced management
Great place to work.
Great company. Great management. Been there for a month and could not be happier. The workplace has a good culture and there is room for advancement for people who show initiative and good attitude.
Pros
Positive, supportive work environment with a good culture.
Cons
Loud noises, lifting heavy things-but what do you expect?
nice place
There are so many nice people. I like work with those guys. We can play loud music and work at same time. You will feel not too boring when you work .
Fantastic Place to work, Great Wages & Benefits, Professional Company,
I have worked for this company for over 25 years and have loved every minute of it. I started fresh out of AME trade school and have been given loads of opportunities to progress through all the job levels and positions. KF Aerospace has been a stable work environment for 50 years and still continues to grow and expand each day which inturn offers new opportunities for employees to expand their careers. I would highly recommend KF Aerospace in all its locations across Canada as they have built this company around great people and fantastic teamwork !!
Pros
Job Security, Great Pay & Benefits, Great Teamwork, Stable Company
15 November 2018
Thank you for highlighting your positive experience at KF Aerospace, and the benefits of working alongside other awesome mechanics. We wish you all the best!
I would recommend working here to friends
I work in the kelowna base. I joined as a junior employee who knew nothing about aircraft, and now I have moved up within my crew. Aircraft service trainee is a great position to start your career. I am now taking the structures course online to advance within the company. The employees are great to work with, and although management is far from perfect, continuous improvement is a new focus here which is helpful with making changes. The work does come in waves which can be frustrating but it's mostly fast-paced which makes the day go by. They let employees take surveys, and this year when a change to shifts was being considered the employees affected by it got to vote.
Pros
personal time instead of sick days
Cons
shift work
15 November 2018
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience so far, we are so glad that it has been a positive one!
Opportunities for Advancement
I started my career in an entry-level position and wasn't sure where it would take me. I quickly grew into two other positions in the company over the last 6 years. I have aspirations to be a leader one day, so the company enrolled me in the in-house Leadership program to provide me with the tools to be a strong leader. I am an example of how the company stands by their commitment to promote from within!
Pros
Advancement, Culture, Teamwork
Cons
Fluctuation in workload
7 November 2018
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Wishing you all the best in the next steps of your career!
Terrible
This company has terrible management
They treat you like dogs and slave you

Teribble people not friendly

The managers dont help you but jsut harass you

Id be very careful working here. I had a terrible exprience that I left after 3 months
7 November 2018
Your feedback concerns me. I have spoken to several of the other Apprentices and they do not share the same concerns. If you would like to discuss your concerns further, please feel free to reach out to me at 905-679-3313. Thank you, Diana
A True Nightmare
Working at KF Aerospace was such a mistake, the company is so unorganized it makes brain hurt, nothing is structured and every thing feels so random.

The first warning I have to give you is one day you could be working at one department then all of sudden they have you work in another without any warning or anything. The lay off are also very random as well and seem to happen a lot at KF aerospace but only in Hamilton for some reason. A lot of times work slows down and before Christmas they have a shut down for a couple of weeks.

It's not a good working there, way to unorganized instead of giving you a role they throw you around here and there and add more responsibilities as they go, the pay is also low and your shifts can change every week from mornings to afternoons.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Low Wages, Unorganized, Cold During The Winter, Shift Work
7 November 2018
Sorry to hear you did not have a good experience.
Sounds like this was some time ago as we haven't laid anyone off in years. If you hadn't had a chance to share your feedback, feel free to give me a call at 905-679-3313. Thank you, Diana
Great work with great people
I started at KF Aerospace 6 months ago, and I love it. I'm in a more junior position, and I love how much I can learn from my colleagues. Everyone is incredibly friendly and willing to help me grow- it's a great place to start a career.
18 October 2018
Thank you for the feedback! Glad to hear that things are going well in your role, we wish you all the best in your career and future at KF Aerospace!
Great place to work!
I have worked for KF Aerospace for 7 years now. I work at the Kelowna, BC base. I love my job, my coworkers and the company. I think this is a great place to work! I am not saying the company is perfect but we all work hard as a team to serve our customers and to create a safe and positive work environment.
5 October 2018
Fast paced, safe work environment
Majority of work here is C and D checks. Depending on the trade, lots of cleaning, inspection and minor touch up work. Rare to do large modifications or repairs at the Hamilton base. Kelowna offers much more opportunity if looking to perform major mods and overhaul.
Coworkers typically upbeat and positive people with a variety of interests.
High Demand, Low pay, Low Incentives
This company is in dire need of workers yet is unwilling to pay competitively, offer good benefits or incentives. The cost of living in the area is high and many employees have a pretty low standard of living. The result; as soon as apprentices are licensed, they leave to work somewhere else. There is approximately 1 licenced AME to 10 unlicensed apprentices. You can imagine the issues that arise. Management is clueless and has no concern or appreciation for employees. Never expect a thank you. Your concerns and/or recommendations will never be heard. Health and safety is of little concern. Hours aren’t great. The facility is in bad condition. My crew lead and co workers were great to work with, but management made working at KF painful. *HAMILTON LOCATION*
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Terrible management
5 October 2018
We’re sorry to hear you did not have a positive work experience.

As part of our expansion of the KF YHM base, I've been hired as the onsite HR Adviser to gather this kind of feedback to help improve the work environment we provide for our people. Training is an essential part of being an employee with us and we do our best to provide our employees with the tools, resources and the ongoing development they need to be successful. Competitive wages are aligned with career progression, performance and specialty training. We are continuously reviewing compensation structures for all our staff and appreciate your feedback.

We would like to discuss your concerns and address them. If you are open to a discussion, please contact me at 905-679-3313 ext. 3246. We wish you all the best with the next steps in your career. -Diana