KF Aerospace Employee Reviews

Great place to work.
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC3 January 2019
Great company. Great management. Been there for a month and could not be happier. The workplace has a good culture and there is room for advancement for people who show initiative and good attitude.
Pros
Positive, supportive work environment with a good culture.
Cons
Loud noises, lifting heavy things-but what do you expect?
nice place
avionic contractor (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC17 December 2018
There are so many nice people. I like work with those guys. We can play loud music and work at same time. You will feel not too boring when you work .
Fantastic Place to work, Great Wages & Benefits, Professional Company,
YVR AME (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 November 2018
I have worked for this company for over 25 years and have loved every minute of it. I started fresh out of AME trade school and have been given loads of opportunities to progress through all the job levels and positions. KF Aerospace has been a stable work environment for 50 years and still continues to grow and expand each day which inturn offers new opportunities for employees to expand their careers. I would highly recommend KF Aerospace in all its locations across Canada as they have built this company around great people and fantastic teamwork !!
Pros
Job Security, Great Pay & Benefits, Great Teamwork, Stable Company
15 November 2018

Thank you for highlighting your positive experience at KF Aerospace, and the benefits of working alongside other awesome mechanics. We wish you all the best!

I would recommend working here to friends
AST (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC7 November 2018
I work in the kelowna base. I joined as a junior employee who knew nothing about aircraft, and now I have moved up within my crew. Aircraft service trainee is a great position to start your career. I am now taking the structures course online to advance within the company. The employees are great to work with, and although management is far from perfect, continuous improvement is a new focus here which is helpful with making changes. The work does come in waves which can be frustrating but it's mostly fast-paced which makes the day go by. They let employees take surveys, and this year when a change to shifts was being considered the employees affected by it got to vote.
Pros
personal time instead of sick days
Cons
shift work
15 November 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience so far, we are so glad that it has been a positive one!

Opportunities for Advancement
Employee (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC31 October 2018
I started my career in an entry-level position and wasn't sure where it would take me. I quickly grew into two other positions in the company over the last 6 years. I have aspirations to be a leader one day, so the company enrolled me in the in-house Leadership program to provide me with the tools to be a strong leader. I am an example of how the company stands by their commitment to promote from within!
Pros
Advancement, Culture, Teamwork
Cons
Fluctuation in workload
7 November 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Wishing you all the best in the next steps of your career!

Terrible
Aircraft Structural Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON23 October 2018
This company has terrible management
They treat you like dogs and slave you
Teribble people not friendly
The managers dont help you but jsut harass you
Id be very careful working here. I had a terrible exprience that I left after 3 months
7 November 2018

Your feedback concerns me. I have spoken to several of the other Apprentices and they do not share the same concerns. If you would like to discuss your concerns further, please feel free to reach out to me at 905-679-3313. Thank you, Diana

A True Nightmare
Tools Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON21 October 2018
Working at KF Aerospace was such a mistake, the company is so unorganized it makes brain hurt, nothing is structured and every thing feels so random.

The first warning I have to give you is one day you could be working at one department then all of sudden they have you work in another without any warning or anything. The lay off are also very random as well and seem to happen a lot at KF aerospace but only in Hamilton for some reason. A lot of times work slows down and before Christmas they have a shut down for a couple of weeks.

It's not a good working there, way to unorganized instead of giving you a role they throw you around here and there and add more responsibilities as they go, the pay is also low and your shifts can change every week from mornings to afternoons.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Low Wages, Unorganized, Cold During The Winter, Shift Work
7 November 2018

Sorry to hear you did not have a good experience.
Sounds like this was some time ago as we haven't laid anyone off in years. If you hadn't had a chance to share your feedback, feel free to give me a call at 905-679-3313. Thank you, Diana

Great work with great people
Employee (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC11 October 2018
I started at KF Aerospace 6 months ago, and I love it. I'm in a more junior position, and I love how much I can learn from my colleagues. Everyone is incredibly friendly and willing to help me grow- it's a great place to start a career.
18 October 2018

Thank you for the feedback! Glad to hear that things are going well in your role, we wish you all the best in your career and future at KF Aerospace!

Great place to work!
Administration (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC11 September 2018
I have worked for KF Aerospace for 7 years now. I work at the Kelowna, BC base. I love my job, my coworkers and the company. I think this is a great place to work! I am not saying the company is perfect but we all work hard as a team to serve our customers and to create a safe and positive work environment.
5 October 2018

Fast paced, safe work environment
Structural Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON11 September 2018
Majority of work here is C and D checks. Depending on the trade, lots of cleaning, inspection and minor touch up work. Rare to do large modifications or repairs at the Hamilton base. Kelowna offers much more opportunity if looking to perform major mods and overhaul.
Coworkers typically upbeat and positive people with a variety of interests.

High Demand, Low pay, Low Incentives
AME (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON4 September 2018
This company is in dire need of workers yet is unwilling to pay competitively, offer good benefits or incentives. The cost of living in the area is high and many employees have a pretty low standard of living. The result; as soon as apprentices are licensed, they leave to work somewhere else. There is approximately 1 licenced AME to 10 unlicensed apprentices. You can imagine the issues that arise. Management is clueless and has no concern or appreciation for employees. Never expect a thank you. Your concerns and/or recommendations will never be heard. Health and safety is of little concern. Hours aren’t great. The facility is in bad condition. My crew lead and co workers were great to work with, but management made working at KF painful. *HAMILTON LOCATION*
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Terrible management
5 October 2018

We’re sorry to hear you did not have a positive work experience.

As part of our expansion of the KF YHM base, I've been hired as the onsite HR Adviser to gather this kind of feedback to help improve the work environment we provide for our people. Training is an essential part of being an employee with us and we do our best to provide our employees with the tools, resources and the ongoing development they need to be successful. Competitive wages are aligned with career progression, performance and specialty training. We are continuously reviewing compensation structures for all our staff and appreciate your feedback.

We would like to discuss your concerns and address them. If you are open to a discussion, please contact me at 905-679-3313 ext. 3246. We wish you all the best with the next steps in your career. -Diana

poor management team. lack of organization.
mechanic (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON11 July 2018
The management is poorly trained and do not know how to run a team. Very unprofessional. There is no training for new employees. The pay is very low for the expectation. I would not recommend anyone to work at the Hamilton location.
Pros
the workers are a pleasure to work with
Cons
the management doesn't have a clue especially the head manager.
5 October 2018

Thank you for sharing this feedback. We continuously evaluate our employee feedback to ensure we’re building positive relationships between employees and managers. It is the responsibility of our senior leaders to always be approachable and readily support their teams. To discuss your experience further, I can be reached at 905-679-3313 ext 3246.
-Diana

Very nice work environment and very good management.
Apprentice AME (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC17 May 2018
I have absolutely nothing bad to say about KF Aerospace . Very professional team from very friendly manager and amazing location.
I am formal employer of this company and absolutely loved them.
5 October 2018

Thank you for highlighting your positive experience at KF Aerospace, and the benefits of working alongside other awesome mechanics. We wish you all the best in the next steps of your career.

Great Place to work
Custodal Worker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON20 March 2018
I really enjoyed working here it's a great place to work and the hours are great. The employees are always smiling and friendly and you always feel like you apart of the job community.
Pros
great hours, great people
Cons
a bit of a walk to a bus route
5 October 2018

We appreciate the time you took to mention your experience at our Hamilton Base and we are so glad that it has been a positive one. Thank you for your review, we wish you continued success!

Ame apprentice
AME Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC27 December 2017
It is a great company.
Everyone knows each other and you have a warm feeling. I learned a lot during my employment with KF and appreciate everyone and everything.
Pros
You gain a lot experience
Employees gave 80% response to question Are you proud to work for KF
Director, Corporate Quality/Safety & Training (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC28 December 2016
Well established Company with proud history in the Aerospace industry in Canada. Respected by repeat customers. In general employees are proud to say they work for KF Aerospace
Pros
'Family' atmosphere, Work colleges that appreciate each others contribution, Annual Bonus
Cons
Shift work
Great area to work with a great atmosphere.
Aircraft Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC5 September 2016
Really enjoyable to work with planes; learned a lot about them and that knowledge grows everyday. Management is great, they listen and respect your opinion and needs; along with the crew. Entertaining to work with and are great mentors to foggy areas I'm unaware of. Most enjoyable area of the job must be, to physically be able to see the plane to what it really is. Gutting it and seeing the bare basics, then having to eventually put it all back together is a great picture to have.
Pros
Area, planes, crew
productive and respectful work place with professional attitude
Aircraft Structures Technician (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON12 June 2016
This is a company you want to go back for work. They respect the industry standard , support the worker and work hard on customer satisfactions.