KF Aerospace is excited to announce the expansion of our facilities! Our growth requires additional support to satisfy the demand of projects to come, specifically cargo doors. Among the many benefits, there are four key reasons to join the KF Aerospace team:
KF Aerospace is proud to share our achievements because it reflects the innovative attitude of our employees! When working with KF Aerospace, you are given the opportunity to set new records and create out-of-the-box solutions for our customers. Examples of our projects include:
• Modifying a B737 to allow for a 90-minute conversion to full passenger, full cargo, or a combination of the two
• Interior Modifications (B737, B757, B767)
• Cargo Door Installations and Conversions (B737)
• Conversion of a CV580 into a water/retardant tanker and C130/L382 Tanker Modification
• Heavy maintenance checks (MD80, C130, B737, B757, B767)
• Stretching a CV580 to become a CV5800
• Completing the Inflight Entertainment Modification (B737)
• Winglet/Scimitar installation (B737, B757)
The culture at KF Aerospace is described as focused but fun. It’s not uncommon to see workers performing their job duties with a smile on their face. The culture is shaped by our people who are proud of what we do as a company. Together, our culture and our work environment supports strong relationships among peers that allows our company to produce quality work every time.
Kelowna (YLW) Base
The KF Aerospace headquarters operates in Kelowna, BC. The Okanagan valley is famous for its beautiful landscape, its vibrant culture, and its fair weather. Employees can spend their time off visiting popular beaches, wineries, or in the winter, Big White Ski Resort. Employees can enjoy a convenient vacation by exploring the many cities surrounding Kelowna, including Vancouver, Seattle, Nelson, and Whistler. In addition, Kelowna is equipped with the largest medical facility in the southern interior and provides residents with the best healthcare possible.
Vancouver (YVR) Base
With quick and easy access to Whistler, the Canadian Rockies, Victoria, Vancouver Island, and of course, endless year-round water and land sports, whether you’re looking for extreme sports or family fun, you’ll find your personal adventure here.
Everything is within reach. The Vancouver International Airport has consistently been rated as a top North American airport providing easy access from all over the world.
Portage La Prairie, YPG) Base
Located in the Central Plains region of Manitoba surrounding the peaceful Crescent Lake and near to the picturesque Assiniboine River, Portage la Prairie boasts a relaxed environment perfect for all ages. It is situated 25 kilometers south of beautiful Lake Manitoba, ideal for year-round activities.
One of Portage la Prairie’s most popular attractions is the Community Walkway. The paved trail can be used for walking, running, cycling, roller blading and skateboarding. The William Glesby Centre, located in the city centre, provides a professional theater and houses the local Arts Centre. Being an easily commutable hour from Winnipeg, many of our employees choose to live in the exciting & culturally vibrant city of Winnipeg while working in Southport.
Hamilton (YHM) Base
As one of the oldest cities in the province of Ontario, Hamilton has a fascinating historical heritage. The city is full of beautiful architecture, incredible museums and many landmarks including the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum, the country’s largest flying air museum, is also in Hamilton and features one of only two air-worthy Lancaster bombers left in the world.
Hamilton offers exciting arts and culture for visitors and locals. Food lovers will enjoy Hamilton’s diverse restaurants including fine-dining, international food, farmers’ markets, craft breweries, locally roasted coffee and a popular food truck scene. The city offers easy access to conservation and recreation lands, a natural playground for cyclists, hikers, boaters and other outdoor adventurers. More than 100 beautiful waterfalls are located near the escarpment’s wooded trails, just minutes from the city’s downtown core.
KF Aerospace supports the growth and development of our employees in many ways:
1. We facilitate our employees learning through on-the-job training
2. Apprentices participate in a mentorship program, with some mentors sharing 30+ years’ experience with their mentees
3. We promote from within allowing our employees to advance their careers
4. We provide external training options to expand the knowledge and expertise of our employees
5. In 2015, we opened a shop dedicated to Composites
6. We offer in-house development programs to improve the skillset of our employees
7. Apprentices will rotate between hangars to gain experience with different aircraft
Welcome to KF Aerospace!
The KF Aerospace headquarters operates in Kelowna, BC. The Okanagan valley is famous for its beautiful landscape, its vibrant culture, and its fair weather. The culture is shaped by our 500+ people who are proud of what we do as a company. Our culture and our work environment supports strong relationships among peers that allows our company to produce quality work every time. – less