Keywords Studios Employee Reviews

Friendly and professional place to work
Recruitment Assistant (Current Employee) –  Montreal14 November 2018
Working as a part of the HR department and the atmosphere is great. The company is clearly trying to give testers and other employees job security and good benefits.
Pros
Free fruit, great work-life balance
Cons
On-call contracts for testers
Look for work elsewhere
LQA/FQA Tester (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 May 2018
I only had bad experiences with Keywords. I was an LQA and FQA tester for a couple of months there but I didn't get to work a lot. You are on call, meaning you have no guaranteed work and often you won't get any work in weeks. Then they have a project for you and you have to work multiple shifts at once because the organization is absolutely terrible. The management is the worst I've ever had to deal with. There's a 50% chance that when you come to work they will tell you that your shift or the project has been canceled so you will wait for 3 hours in the cafeteria (you get paid the laughable $13 an hour) and then you are told to go home. I did not do this for the money. I wanted to have fun with games because I really love gaming and video games but I have to say that because this company has no structure whatsoever and because everything is super chaotic I mostly just sat in front of my PC doing nothing because something got canceled or a build was overwritten or some other bs.
You will not enjoy working for them. I had more fun working as a construction worker and waiter than here.

Most of the testers and the people working on the projects are awesome people tho and if you go up the ladder it might be better.
Pros
Other testers are great people
Cons
Management, Salary, Organization issues
Just avoid
Testeur (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 May 2018
To avoid giving raises and promotions, they put existing, well-trained on-call and hire new, untrained employees. When they puts you on-call, they give you little to no notice (usually a day or two), meaning that you have no time to find work. As such, most employees (even the best workers) are constantly worried that they'll be unemployed by next week. Workers are often pressured to work overtime for long stretches of time. There is almost no opportunity for advancement. The team leaders are wonderful and good at their jobs, but the company structure is toxic and exploitative.
Pros
Testers are cool
Cons
Shameless favoritism, low salary, employee turnover and 0 level staff retention
Keywords Studios - LQA department
LQA Tester (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 February 2018
Favouritism on every level (friends and girlfriends are moving up fast and steady).
Poor management (no management knowledge, no willingness to learn, but a lot of self entitlement).
Unstable projects (on call contracts).
Last minute scheduling.
Pros
Testers are awesome people coming from all over the world.
Cons
Favoritism on every level (friends and girlfriends are moving up fast and steady), Unstable projects (on call contracts), Poor management (no management knowledge, no willingness to learn, but a lot of self entitlement), Last minute scheduling
Not a company to stay
Tester (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 January 2018
Long period to be considered for an interview.
Not many stable projects (on call contracts).
Poor management of Leads (not very aged).
Favoritism.
Low commitment with quality with clients.
Last minute scheduling.
Pros
Working with videogames
Cons
No job stability, favoritism from Leads, management issues.