Keyano College

Keyano College Employee Reviews

-Professional working environment -Team oriented -Flexible -Future oriented -Positive environment -Career oriented -Excellent relationship - Community building
Pros
Growth potential
Cons
North of the province
Very good place to work. Would have still been there if the Heavy Equipment program was still being offered. It was a awesome place to work. Very knowledgeable people at the heart of the college. Extremely helpful and confident.
Pros
Cons
Absolutely nothing.
Revolved mainly around sports. Very easy to pick up the required tasks. Shifts schedule is maintained very well and the management is respectful and easy to work with.
Good environment to work in. Great management. The work was appreciated. I was well trained. I felt everyone was friendly to work with. I would prefer getting more hours.
I’ve been at Keyano for over 15 years and there has always been opportunities for advancement if you work hard and prove yourself. Lots of perks including tuition waivers and professional development. Work-life balance is your decision, you can say no. Great team environment. Direct supervisors have always been great, senior management is constantly changing.
Enjoyed my time there in the 23 years I worked at keyano college. Was sad leave there in the end. Met alot of wonderful people. Enjoyed working in the Heating plant
Pros
Wonderful people.
Cons
There was no cons working there.
Friendly people to work with. Great environment for learning and professional development training to enhance your skills and career. I would recommend working at Keyano if you get the opportunity.
One of the most amazing places to work in Fort McMurray. Friendly staff and great life - work balance. Remuneration is one of the best in the region of Alberta.
We were always celebrate all festival like Halloween, Christmas, Thanksgiving, etc.... I had knowledge of all the books arrangement. They had Librarian, she was so helpful for students. i like to be a part of this staff.
It is an Academic environment organization. You deal with Students, Instructor, Different Departments colleagues. you can gain here a lot of knowledge. Most of the staff I find very cooperative and helpful. The overall environment is very healthy.
An amazing culture for growth and work-life balance. Management transparent and eager to create opportunities for advancement. The best place to work by far for me.
Pros
Salary commensurate with qualifications and performance.
Cons
A bit remote
Its okay would be a lot better if the person in charge actually took control and did their job. Other than that its okay i cant complain its a nice facility
Keyano college staff has the most knowledgeable and kind staff. they will go out of their way to help you out in any difficulty you might have in your position.
Good work life balance. A lot of turn over due to the transient nature of the community. Living in Fort McMurray is challenging, but the College has a lot to offer. Good salary, benefits and good people.
Pros
Good salary & benefits
Cons
Remote
Keyano College is a local college which is supported by the local area. The courses are industry driven. The students are very motivated. As a contract instructor, I didn't have a work day but worked on assignment. The work culture was good and the people that I worked with worked hard to ensure that I was equipped to teach the courses.
Overpriced, but you get your 4th class steam time. The teachers I had at the time were awesome, but they have a hard time keeping teachers there. I would recommend going down south to get your steam time!
Wasn't here very long, didn't hear much from them but my pay was always on time. Overall it was a good experience. Learned alot. Moved on to a better position.
Keyano was an interesting place to work. The classes were very diverse and for the most part the perfect size to maximize learning. However, a lot of the material given to present had to be "doctored" because they were so full of mistakes.
Welcome to a place where you're expected to do many positions in one at all times. Overtime isn't a thing and being recognized and appreciated for your time and efforts is a foreign concept.
A typical day at work would be setting up the venue before games (spectator seats, scoreboard) then having to ref a maximum of 3 games that night. The most enjoyable part of the job was being around my favourite sport and building relationships with players off the court.
taking the bus to work at 6 am that is dark in wintertime, and some time, if you loose the shuttle is going to be the worst time of your day special in cold.