Keyano College Employee Reviews

Decent
Student - 4th Class Power Engineering Power Lab (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB13 May 2018
Overpriced, but you get your 4th class steam time. The teachers I had at the time were awesome, but they have a hard time keeping teachers there. I would recommend going down south to get your steam time!
Interesting Place To Work
Trainer/Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, Canada11 January 2018
Keyano was an interesting place to work. The classes were very diverse and for the most part the perfect size to maximize learning. However, a lot of the material given to present had to be "doctored" because they were so full of mistakes.
ZERO Work/life balance
Accountant, College & Subsidiary Accounting (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB30 December 2017
Welcome to a place where you're expected to do many positions in one at all times. Overtime isn't a thing and being recognized and appreciated for your time and efforts is a foreign concept.
Fun and Enjoyable Workplace
Men's League Referee (Former Employee) –  Alberta28 September 2017
A typical day at work would be setting up the venue before games (spectator seats, scoreboard) then having to ref a maximum of 3 games that night. The most enjoyable part of the job was being around my favourite sport and building relationships with players off the court.
the hardest part of job
Administrative Assistant, Data Enrichment (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB24 September 2017
taking the bus to work at 6 am that is dark in wintertime, and some time, if you loose the shuttle is going to be the worst time of your day special in cold.
Productive, fast pace and family-like culture
Manager, Application Systems Services (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB19 September 2017
Keyano College provides an environment of openness, friendliness and trust where employees are always happy to contribute toward the fulfillment of the overall objective of the college. The college also ensure that her employees are very competent and able to adapt to evolving industry trends and best practices. A very stable college and the joy of the community through partnerships and provision of skilled workforce to meet the needs of the local industries.
I loved working here
Registration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB7 September 2017
Typical day at work included registering students for classes, it was in the oil and gas industry so a lot of registration for classes pertaining to that.

I learned how to work together as a team there. The people were amazing, so supportive. It was a fun place to work.

Management was great! Any issues were discussed and a plan was put into place. I had a lot of respect for those people.

Best part of this job was going and working with people who became my friends. Even though it was work we always had a good time and worked together as a team. Halloween and Christmas was especially fun because we had the chance to decorate.
Pros
Cheap gym membership, good hours
Cons
I don't have any
Amazing
Peer Tutor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 August 2017
I have had this job for 3 years. The manager is good at working around the student's schedule. As a nursing student, I am extremely busy and the management is so good. The job hours depend on he student.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Low pay
Electrical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB13 June 2017
Good place to work, revolving door of supervision and staff. A lot of changes due to the economy and fire evacuation. Strong leadership now. Great future ahead.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
Staff turnover
Management supports incompetent and lazy
Building Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB14 May 2017
Lack of management, incompetent employees, no teamwork, no support from management for improvement, no support for equipment repair, depressing work environment.
Pros
College staff good people
Cons
Heating plant staff incompetant
Was an ok expereinc
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB10 April 2017
Lots of filing and pick-up jobs around the office. Working as a student tasks are not really focussed as such it is just when tasks become available. Great team of people to work with.
Being a student position it was very easy going and laid back type of job
Student assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB24 March 2017
The typical day was basically clock in, check my list of things to do in the order of importance and get them done. I learned how to manage my time in order to ensure that things were done when they were supposed to. Hardest part of the job was bringing cartons of course material out in the snow. I worked with great people and we all had a good laugh when i did get to see them.
Great place for students to work
Lounge Worker/ Used Book Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB27 May 2016
The General Manager is an amazing person, who is caring and really wants her employees to grow and learn. The workplace is so accepting of students and their school schedules so all work hours are scheduled around class times.

It's an amazing job opportunity to get to know other people and to learn new things.
Pros
open hours, fun atmosphere, great hours
Cons
small bar, little room to move, gross fryer, all deep fried food
Sport and Wellness Centre (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB25 February 2016
Keyano College is a great employer and allows employees to have a healthy work life balance. Working at the heart of the community gives employees the chance to become engaged and involved.
Productive and fun place to work
Business Development Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB22 January 2016
I meant a lot of companies, learnt different needs, management was approachable, my co-workers were awesome, helped a lot of employees, enjoyable part is meeting all kinds of people everyday
Pros
Gas and transportation paid for
Cons
difficult people
Fun and engaging
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB10 December 2015
Doing Safety Training for a number of different courses, everyday was a learning experience dealing with students, management was good, hardest part of the job some time was extra long days, most enjoyable part of the job was meeting people from all over the world.
Excellent Teachers, Great Guidance
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB8 October 2015
I was not employed by Keyano. I was a student and did volunteer work for the college.

The teachers are great to work with. They teach us to think for ourselves.
Clinical Placement Coordinator/Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB2 October 2015
There was a great understanding between management and the employees that home life was a huge importance everyone. I was always given opportunities to advance my education that would help with my daily requirements at work.
Pros
Home life was important and family came first
Cons
change over of staff
Good experiences
Nursing Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB16 January 2015
Good experiences, busy, great staff,moderate preparing for classes.
Great cafeteria food. Good faculty representation
Very Productive and enjouyable work experience
Asset Data Support at Suncor Business center (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB4 November 2014
Worked as contractor through Keyano at Suncor Energy Fort McMurray, AB. I adhered to the client 's work and rules, office culture which had been a pleasurable experience.
Pros
Got good work experience, freedom to communicate
Cons
Nothing negative