Key Food Equipment Services Ltd. Employee Reviews

Disposable emplpyees
Technician (Former Employee) –  Victoria25 October 2018
If you come to them with experience. Don't expect it to last long. They are very disorganized and high staff turnover. Lack experience in repair and ate threatened by anyone better than them. If you perform well you will be dismissed. They want the jobs dragged out to drain more money for the customer. I have 25 years experience...I have never done that to a customer nor will I. They will dismiss you for no reason. With no explanation because their management don't understand the business they are in. If you require training. This is NOT the company I would want to be trained by. They are just part changers....very weak technical ability
Pros
You get payed
Cons
Too much greed. No feedback from management till the day they hand you a pink slip.
Fun place to work, team environment, approachable leadership
HR (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 July 2018
I worked at Key for just under two years. During my time there I learned a lot and grew my knowledge in my current profession. The senior leadership team there was great. They would listen to your concerns and ideas. It’s a fast pace growing company. It’ll be nice to see where they end up.
Pros
Open door policy, team environment, hands on
Cons
Since it’s a growing company processes are still building
Fast paced work environment with a collaborative team.
Billing and Coding Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 July 2018
I really enjoyed the opportunity to work with the Key Food Equipment team. An awsome management team that encourage your professional growth and are very easy to collaborate with. Long term staff helped me personally with thier relaxed approach to training and offering optimal support when ever it was needed. A fast paced environment with many tasks was awsome for it kept me always thinking! The staff at Key Food Equipment in Edmonton and Burnaby were wonderful to work for and I have much respect for them all.
Pros
Positive culture, good work load, great management and HR.
Cons
None at all.
Great Place to Work
Practicum Student (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC10 May 2018
I was there as a practicum student. I witnessed a great work culture at ‘Key Food Equipment'. I really want to highlight the fact this is the first time I have come across a group of people who really passionate about what they are doing, love the company they work for and the great teamwork. Key Food will be my first choice once I graduate from the technical program.
Pros
Work culture
Cons
Very poor starting wages for technicians!!!
Technician (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 January 2018
As someone coming out of the technician program, how do they expect anyone to work for $15.00/hour??? Sorry but I didn’t just go to school for technical training to make those kind of wages. Anyone can easily get a mindless job elsewhere making the same if not more money with no post secondary training whatsoever. When I see this, it just makes me wonder if they really value their employees or if they’re trying to pay them as little as possible with total disregard of their personal life.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Poor Wages not up to industry standards.
Official response from Key Food Equipment Services Ltd.
8 March 2018

Key is committed to delivering service excellence with integrity from a team-driven, dynamic mindset. Key takes pride in fair compensation that reflecting the value of our employees and their skill sets.

challenging fast paced work environment.
Parts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 August 2017
I enjoyed my time at this company. I learned a lot and worked with great people who really cared about customer service. I would recommend this company to potential clients and/ or prospective employees.
Great company culture - loved working here
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 April 2017
I worked in the warehouse as a shipper/receiver. I was paid a good wage and was respected by management. I met a lot of cool people and there is a good culture of listening to employees and team co-operation. The facilities in Vancouver (Burnaby) where I worked are really nice, the building is under five years old. I really recommend working here.
Pros
Management, culture
Cons
None!
Great Company - Great Management
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC20 March 2017
Worked as Administrative Assistant for 2 1/2 years.

Enjoyed the role and the day went fast! - lots of multi-tasking and a great variety of work, so it was never boring.

Management is very approachable and willing to listen to suggestions.

The company has great values that promote a positive team atmosphere and strong work ethic. Communication is important here - weekly scrum meetings keep you up to date and also bring everyone together as a team.
Fast pace and enjoyable environment
Planned Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC13 March 2017
Key Food is a fun, fast pace and enjoyable work place. Very professional and there is always opportunity to grow with the company. They recognize your hard work, progress and make the effort of making it known. The management team is wonderful..I had great traning which helped me grow in the company. They also understand family emergencies or health issues. This would be one of the company's I would return to for future employment..as they care and appreciate their employees.
worst place I have ever worked
Technician (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC10 January 2017
Worst employer I have ever worked for. Company culture is to talk about new employees behind their back. Most employees here dislike management. Training is a joke. You are sent with a guy who mumbles or an old guy who talks to you like you are a dog. Poor management make Key Food the icing on the cake. Do yourself a favour go work somewhere else.
Pros
Cons
poor management
Official response from Key Food Equipment Services Ltd.
11 March 2017

Key is committed to delivering service excellence with integrity from a team-driven, dynamic mindset. Key takes pride in providing a well-rounded training program for its technicians. This includes manufacturer-training in one of our training facilities, and at the manufacturer's locations; there is also online training, in-shop training with our dedicated Shop Tech Trainer, as well as on the job training with seasoned technicians. Key’s investment in training is not just for junior employees, but is ongoing throughout the career of all technicians. Our dedication to skill development reflects our core values of service excellence and quality service.

Want to know more about Key Food Equipment Services Ltd.?

Ask a question
Fast paced environment
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 November 2015
Setting up service calls. Dealing with customer issues. Directing staff. Must multitask. Hardest part was being short staffed. Most enjoyable was the customer satisfaction and the fast pace of each day.
Pros
daily helping customers to operate fully.
Cons
24/7 industry

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Key Food Equipment Services Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.

Key Food Equipment Services Ltd. Reviews by Location