Key Assets

Key Assets Employee Reviews

Never the same day twice

Must be willing to be able to adapt to any situation at any given time. The company will try to do their best to help and support you as an employee, but management lives in a whole different part of the province, so was hard at times.

No work life balance

Staff are overworked, continuously guilted into taking shifts on time off. Cliques in upper management. Nepotism. Front line frowned upon when wanting support (viewed as not strong staff). If you have a family emergency during a shift you will most likely have to stay and receive backlash for asking. If you are struggling at work it is not kept confidential. Your struggles or challenges are known to all other staff.

Cons

No work life balance

Would never work here again

I worked with key assets for about 3 months. They asked everybody if they would mind doing 24 hour shifts, I told them if they switched to 24 hour shifts I would have to leave. They never gave me any other options. I was willing to do 12 hour shifts but they didn't even present that as an option to me so I quit. (Obviously contacted the labour board because that's illegal, even though they didn't do much either). Also, the way they handled our client in certain situations was with excessive force, and they were getting away with it. Working with them has made me lose faith in humanity.

Pros

You get paid on time

Cons

A lot

No work life balance

No work life balance Horrific scheduling Hrs fluctuate with no notice even if you are full time Do not involve staff with matters pertaining to staff

Would not recommend working with Key Assets

I worked at Key Assets for over 3 years. The only reason it was so long was because I was looking for another job and the only good thing was medical benefits. They do not care about your own well-being. The don’t care if they have you schedule every single day (with no break) even in it’s a 3 hour shift one day (supervised access) and 12 the next. They will try and guilt you into working on any day you have off, and they hold it against you if you don’t get take the shift. Room for movement was huge when I first started. It was told that you could move up if you prove you’re doing a good job... not true. I was told, even after I got good reviews every month that I had to be there over a year to become in a lead role... when I left that team to go to another, a girl who was there maybe 3 months got promoted and hired as lead. I loved my job and how rewarding it was when you see the young people succeed. It’s very challenging but if you know what your doing you’ll love working with the kids & most staff are awesome to work with, minus 99.9% of management from team supervisor and up. Single staffing is a HUGE issue, it’s actually a reason a staff member I know had to leave Key Assets and because of long term effects of the assault from a young person, if it was doubled staffed, it would have been 100% preventable. Unfortunately Key Assets seemed to be one of the best places to work when you start off, but soon and you sign your name to become an employee, the nagging to work a shift, the constant “forced to stay” the lack of communication with on call make you want to -

Pros

Rewarding job and working with Youth

Cons

Long hours, single staffing issues, constant phones calls to take shifts on days off (every day your off), management do not care about employees, you are always given false promises... the list goes on

It was a great place to work taking the youth on outings

I enjoyed my short stay at Key Assets which is a great company. I learned a lot about myself through working in this field. It was one of my most growing experiences, enabling me to realize the areas that I needed to commit to for personal growth to be able to continue in this particular line of work. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the aggressive behaviors.

Highly trained staff, opportunity to grow but lacks work life balance

Wonderful place to work. Advancements and room to grow. salaries are good and yearly raises are included. Management are knowledgeable and highly trained. This job lacks in the area of work life balance. long shifts and sometimes no breaks. overall a great place to work.

Pros

free lunches, paid milage, advancements

Cons

long hours, exhausting .

good

the working experience was good. Emotionally draining. Give the opportunity to help child and youth in the community. staffs are amazing and a good work environment is ensured

Pros

good pay

Amazing company

This company really know how to take care of their employees and put the needs of the children and youth as priority. There are lots of opportunity to move up and advance in the company and the benefits are great!

Pros

free food at work and lots of support and training from every level of management

Cons

difficult to balance mental health needs and emotional attachments

child and youth care work

VERY good company to work with great work/life balance. very accomodating scheduling. excellent compensation In-House training- UMAB and Supervised Visit

Pros

great compensation

Cons

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Key Assets?

Client entered workplace with fantastic management

Key Assets has been voted one of the best places to work for three straight years. The management is very approachable and all the workers I’ve spoken with feel supportive.

Pros

Great perks, friendly staff and management

Cons

Long sporadic hours

Great Opportunity that can change your life

- not your regular 9-5 - great opportunity to help those in need while earning a good income - gives you variety and skillset that will serve throughout your life

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Key Assets. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9Job security/advancement