Kettleman's Bagel Co.
Happiness score is 55 out of 100

Kettleman's Bagel Co. Employee Reviews

Canada50 reviews

managerlotmanagementemployeeplacedayjobwork

Fast paced work and interesting company

The work is pretty okay. They give very good training and you will learn all the basics of food prepping, health and safety and such. The trainers are great. However, the store is new so there's still a lot to figure out, and management has a lot to figure out with schedules and training better-prepared supervisors. Most days are nice and easy.

Pros

Good team, nice people, variety of tasks

Cons

Better-trained management and supervisor, scheduling issues

Definitely very sketchy.

My time at kettlemans has been a lot of high and lows. It started off pretty ok but as time went on Management just doesn’t seem to really care about your well-being or anything of the sort. They seem to usually call you out pretty publicly when you make a mistake but are pretty hypocritical in that sense. It’s like they can never admit that they have made mistakes but have no problem telling you yours. All in all I would definitely avoid.

Pros

50% discount

Cons

Management needs improvement

Insights into Kettleman's Bagel Co.

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

Fun and flexible

I liked working at Kettlemans – the 24/7 vibe creates a fun energy to be a part of, and allows your schedule to be flexible too. It gets a bit busy on the weekends but the time flies by on your shift. Plus the 50% off meals are a nice touch. Would recommend for anyone looking for a fun part-time (or full-time) job!

Productive and fun workplace to work

It's a really great organization to be a part of it. A lot of opportunities to get and develop. You get to work with different people with different cultures which is nice.

Pros

Free Lunch

Cons

Great hours

Great Environment

I absolutely love working at Kettlemans, its a very positive environment with a lot of room for growth in your career regardless of the position you were hired for. I felt welcomed from the very begging of the hiring process until now in my position.

Friendly and supportive work environment

Absolute pleasure to work at a company like Kettlemans. The whole management is so supportive and helpful. Its a great company to be a part of. Great benefits!

Kettlemans is a fun place to work

Loved working there! Not a usual restaurant or bakery. Food was great and management always listen when I had questions or concerns. Pay was above average and because it’s larger than a mom and pop business, it actually has a HR person that makes thing’s professional

Pros

Great food

Horrible place to work

Worst-case scenario is you really need a job, if it's different I would avoid this company. You will work without any benefits or right to be sick, and on top of that you are gonna be criticized on your work from managers that don't really know anything or do anything. And if you are a hard worker you are gonna do all of the stuff that needs to be done. Head office just cares about numbers and they don't have a problem firing people if store is not hitting the marks. Overall hard job, lots of responsibility, no respect and any rights of employee. Horrible!

Very productive and good

It is good company to work and to expand knowledge as well skills. As I'm working at trainyards location. I like to work there. As well upline is so supportive like GM and managers. So overall it's good.

Pros

Increase corporation and skills

Cons

Workers shortage

Toxic

Toxic environment completely Negative. Put all the work on one person. Staff is great except some supervisors. No mater how much you give they don't actually care they just want something to make their day easier

Pros

Discount

Cons

Attitude And abuse from supervisors

Completly streesed environment

There is a lot of partially among the new and old employees and also they always give cleaning to new employees and its very hard work and the old employee always do the misbehave and give orders to the new employees so I recommend to everyone do not join this restaurant.

Not a bad place to work, but not great either.

Do not expect to be rewarded in any way for doing extra work/going above and beyond. Like most businesses software this nature, you're replaceable and they will very easily.

Uncaring about staff; all about that bottom line baby

Not a bakery but an assembly line. Coworkers and management treat it as such - honestly one of the most bizarre places I’ve worked at. Low pay for high stress and a revolving door of coworkers. Little to no work culture. Weird and absent management who purposely avoid being nice to staff? Like pretending that the wages paid are livable? Then this is the place for you.

Pros

Free bagel once and a while

Cons

Management, Pay

Fun Quirky

It was okay. The managers were kind and helpful. At the end of the day it is still a minimum wage job that is good for student. At todays rate of inflation I hope they raise their salary.

Pros

Paid breaks

Its okay but management is terrible

It was fun at first but management is terrible. A manager yelled at me infront of everyone and made me feel terrible for not knowing something, the supervisors were nice but the manager crushed me.

Pros

50% off of food Flexible Relaxed

Cons

Rude managers Terrible management Stress inducing

Always work to do

Although there is always work to do, many employees stand around and do nothing.. some expired products and moldy bagels that other employees wouldn’t see. Managers don’t like being called out on stuff they’ve missed and aren’t paying attention to.Job is more of a sales job than a customer service job. I would compare to McDonald’s work.

Pros

1/2 price most items

Cons

Management is shady

Not bad for a student

Very draining job, you’ll have to do a lot of cleaning, very little training. For the amount of work its not worth the money and stress. The shifts will change overnight. Some days will feel very long filled lots of prep and cleaning

Pros

Free bagels every two weeks The coworkers

Cons

Management hires anyone At times you will be in very precarious situations with little training

Great product stressful environment

Kettlemans sells great products which was one of the only perks asides from good coworkers and store managers, the job itself is very fast paced and demanding especially on overnights, this fair enough but with the pay doesn’t feel entirely worth it since at times it’s like you’re doing a million jobs at once which may work for some as the shifts go by fast. It’s a good place to work if you enjoy very fast paced environments . Management was lovely but upper management I found a little critical and cold

Pros

Discounted food

Cons

Stressful, upper management

Next best thing in QSR industry!!!

The owner has a great vision. The COO and Director of operations are very experienced in the industry and always try to accommodate their managers. The upper management really took care of their bakers and team members. Vice Versa, we have team members and supervisors who care and dedicated to the brand. More excitingly, the branch is re-building the management team with better personnel promoted internally under great director of training and development!! One year working for Kettleman’s and i have nothing negative to say!!

Pros

Being representative for superior products, work-life balance 8 hours day and growth opportunity

Cons

Could not think of one now!!

Staff is great, head office not so much

Staff is one of the best I’ve ever been apart of managing but the head office and core of managers are the real issues there. All talk and no action. A drama filled place for bagels.

Pros

Free bagels and cream cheese

Cons

Head office, management

Cool place, messy management.

Decent coworkers and nice [physical] place but the management was MESSY. They were never there and when they were, you could never find them. Barely got any shifts either. At this particular location, they hired a bunch of people, only to let them go. I worked one shift, and it wasn’t even for what I was hired for. Got laid off the NEXT week. Boo.

Pros

Bagels were VERY delicious, nice coworkers, customers weren’t too mean

Cons

Small pay (especially for the labour), messy management, lack of shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kettleman's Bagel Co.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement