Kerry Foods Employee Reviews

Exciting, busy and each day was different which was lovely
HR Administrator (Former Employee) –  Egham, Surrey17 January 2019
Each day was different and sometimes a challenge. HR was very busy with new employees, job changes, leavers etc. I had to make sure that they SAP systems was updated and on time, so that payroll was informed of any salary changes. You had to be time conscious. I did part time reception cover for when the receptionist was on lunch, holiday or sick leave. The hardest part was redundancies and the fun part was meeting new employees and dealing with each of the Kerry Food divisions.
Pros
Tasting new food samples.
fast pace and schedule is volatile
Industrial Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Mecca, CA10 January 2019
scheduling and work hours and days are based on customer demand, therefore, very unpredictable. The plant where I work is small and very few opportunities for advancement.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
hard to plan time with family
Great place to learn about the Food industry
Packer (Current Employee) –  Affton, MO13 November 2018
Kerry is a great place to learn about the food industry.
Growth and advancement is also part of their work culture.
Benefits are great but the pay could be more.
Great benefits in my department
MDM Vendor Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Beloit, WI4 November 2018
Great benefits. Free food. Not much documentation or training provided. Work environment dependent on which department your in. There is opportunities for promotions from within.
Pros
Benfits
Different kind of culture
Regulatory Affairs Specialist (Former Employee) –  Beloit, WI 5351114 October 2018
Kerry has pretty good benefits for the demographics. Management doesn't do much, does not give much direction. Management tends to play favorites.
There is a big turn-over in employees and management.
Fun Place
Quality Employee (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, IL28 September 2018
Work is too manual other wise good benefits.. management takes time to train people. Training also available on line and also at the corporate office. You can access online training in different subjects
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Hard job
production line
Production Line Operative: (Current Employee) –  Hyde Godley15 October 2018
Responsible for the Quality checking and supervising to a high standard all packaging, risk problems, weight checking and gas analysing through various computer machines, to the health and safety food act of 1990. Included in the busy schedule was the day-to-day manifestation and application of all relevant paperwork for the employer as well as the running and servicing of multi-pack computerised equipment. It was also the responsibility of the production line operative to ensure strictest high standards were met in the various departments according to the rules and regulations of Kerry Foods Ltd.
Pros
pay
Cons
shift work, long hours
Fun work place and productive day
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng11 September 2018
customer service industry. I have learned how to handle and build relationships with difficult customer's . Management was always supportive and always willing assist. The culture is quite awesome.
The people at Kerry was the best we are like a family.
Pros
flexi hours
Cons
Fast paced and rewarding company to work for.
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Evansville, IN25 October 2018
Challenging work environment in the food coatings division. Working at the local plant is more like a "Family" atmosphere, as management and hourly folks work together, and rarely have disagreements in the work area. Teamwork is an everyday occurrence amongst all the ranks. There are a lot of challenges, as the regulations with food quality is changing for the more stringent yearly, and overcoming some of these challenges can be taxing. The camaraderie always seems to work out.
Pros
Exciting team orientated working conditions
Cons
Can be stuck at a machine until relief operator spells you for breaks, depending which department you work in, there can be many 7 day work weeks.
Rude management & discriminating staff
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ossett21 August 2018
This is the worst company ever. I was working in office listening all day long discussions between ladies from particular team about other staff Sarcastic, sexist and racist comments. Don’t think you will make a career there. Only their friends got pay increases sitting all day in canteen doing nothing. Management challenging and humiliating staff on front of other people. Do not count on any training or specialist courses.
Pros
Cons
Poor management
Good company to learn the industry
Flavor Scientist (Former Employee) –  Beloit, WI25 October 2018
First job out of college. Was the equivalent to an advanced degree in the Food Industry and how it works. Allows you to touch on many aspects of the industry from R&D to Production.
Pros
Good culture
Cons
May have to work long hours and travel a lot. Many meetings
Level III Extruder Operator
Level III Extruder Operator (Former Employee) –  Gridley, IL15 December 2018
At the beginning day started by a meeting the break room. received assignments based on customers needs and deadlines. Then assigned by management what production lines needed to run that day.Being an operator I would operate that was required and assigned people to lead to perform task. Including fork lift operator, mixer, & finish packer.
Pros
Product inspected and all paper work completed done in timely manner.
Cons
Waiting on maintenance when something broke down.
Productive and fun workplace
Pick Packer (Former Employee) –  Manukau City, Auckland4 September 2018
At my previous job has always been full on from start to finish. Ive learned different ways and techniques to get the job done fast and in profession standard. Also Ive learned about chemicals and different types to use. I am very proud to say I am very hard worker and my time management is excellent. I work along side my team leader, it was always just the two of us so we get along very well. I dont think there is a hard part about cleaning and the most enjoyable part about it is that I am good at it and I enjoy the satisfaction feeling I get when I done my with perfection and time management.
Pros
Work different places
Cons
Short hours
It was awesome 5 years ago then all down hill the past 5 years
Food Process Worker (Former Employee) –  Murarrie QLD17 January 2019
Rarely smiled. mostly miserable. management is bad. culture is 50 50. the hardest part about the job was the system they implemented is a joke. it was better before.
Pros
Us Kiwis made the place better
Cons
Over Qualified CEO's and Supervisors made life working there, worse.
Engineering Manager
Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Hyde cheshire16 October 2018
Typical day will be review the KPI information from the previous day by means of the morning Kiazen meeting which take place in all departments, That info will feed into the morning senior meeting.

Meet with my team and review the planned maintenance for the day and sometimes for the week depending on the size of the job and whether it needs contractor intervention.

Review the data capture from our engineering logs and the data from any MBRs. this forms part of any improvement's to PPMs and spare parts etc.

I would say that every day in engineering we lean new ways and methods to produce the best product we can.
Most enjoyable for me is seeing apprentices develop through the business as this is part of my remit within Kerry's.
Demanding environment
machine operator (Former Employee) –  Kerry, New Germany, Pinetown8 November 2018
I was working at Kerry for 6years. It was a high pressure environment because we had to meet daily targets. We worked 12 hour shifts 4 days a week. We worked day and night shifts. We had to comply with ISO 140001 standard and BRC standards. I learned how to deal with different individuals from all walks of life.
Pros
13 Cheque
Basic summary
Factory Op/Factory Hygiene/General op (Current Employee) –  Enniskillen27 November 2018
Always short staff in every area and shift of the company
under qualified staff and over pressured staff
No culture at work
Poor management (Lying to staff over payments) (taking advantage of staff)
No equality management flavors staff
Good company to work for
Manager (Current Employee) –  Naas, County Kildare19 December 2017
Entrepreneurial, hard working culture.
Management is approachable.
Opportunity to work in different countries
Good job prospect if ready to relocate.
Good benefits, 5 weeks holidays, sick pay, maternity leave, health benefit, good company pension contribution (up to 10 %).
Great facilities
Work life balance is improving.
Pros
benefits, facilities
Cons
Long hours, Location
Not a fun atmosphere... most employees were miserable to be there but the wages are high
Lead operator/Teamleader (Former Employee) –  Evansville, IN15 October 2018
I did not have a pleasant experience with Kerry Ingredients... Not only was i harrased by the union stewards because i was promoted into a leadership position shortly after hire... But the company is not wanting to honor my injury which was documented during my employ... still calling daily to get mandatory surgeries for my injury
Pros
Lots of money to be made
Cons
No life outside work, expected to work minimum of 60hrs up to 84hrs in a work week
Challenging Work Place
Manager (Current Employee) –  UK4 February 2018
Cost is biggest focus, everything is based on what they get for money they spend. Morale low due to constant fighting for money.

Expectation of long hours for little appreciation.
Pros
Team work closely together
Cons
Long hours, low salary for high expectations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kerry Foods. Our community is ready to answer.