Keolis, Grand River LP

Keolis, Grand River LP Employee Reviews

Canada17 reviews
LRV Operator
Job is great. Management misguided, no room for advancement unless you're in the latest clique. Hypocrisy and toxic leadership makes the workplace stressful and tense.
Public transportation in Kitchener-Waterloo
I have worked with Keolis for two years now and its been great. When revisiting training packages, emails, notes and in discussion with colleagues - it’s cool to recognize how much we’ve all learned and how far we’ve come. That being said, Light Rail is still relatively new to KW so we have to be flexible and responsive as learning is ongoing. Pay and benefits are great by my standards, the uniform is good, and the company is constantly working to identify areas for growth (for example performance/scheduling/weather management etc.). The Keolis leadership team has an open door policy and are very personable, I enjoy all of my co-workers and I have a lot of faith in our team! Don’t get me wrong, it’s a job, and most/all jobs get stressful at times. We have a lot of procedures, contracts, software’s etc. and a lot of our day-to-day issues are situational so quick thinking, problem solving, communication and teamwork are essential. In short, if you're looking for a job serving KW while providing for yourself or your family than any position within Keolis Grand River is worth considering! We are a private company contracted to deliver a public service - and deliver it well! We are off to a great start and with any luck we will continue delivering the ION for decades to come!
Terrible place to work!!!
This is the worse job i have ever had, management is awful. Company policies aren't followed. Drug testing is required to get hired but once you are employees no one cares. Training is non existent. Managers treat employees poorly and have high demands. This place is toxic, if you are looking for a poorly managed company who thrives on drama and work with employees who will do anything to create it, then this is the place for you. On shift you will get to work on skills such as, how to watch every video on youtube, you will become a social media jedi, you can learn how to lie since its a daily requirement. Once again this place is toxic, serious changes need to be made before it will ever get any better.
Brutal Management, terrible work culture and so much more!
Stay away!! I'm not going to repeat what everyone else has already stated in their reviews but if you value your health, wellness and have any integrity, I would stay far away from this shamble of a company. The management in this company should be tossed out and replaced as most of them have no clue what they're doing anyway.
Disappointing - Bad Management
I wish I had something good to say about Keolis, but there is just nothing good about them. This employer is not worried about the health or happiness of its employees. Too many people including myself have made the decision to resign because of this. Although most of my fellow team mates were good to work with, the constant badgering from the abusive management team was unbearable. There is very little communication between management and their employees, except for when they need a scape goat to unload their failures on.

Keolis Grand River LP has a lot potential to be a great place to work, but it will never be due to its current choice in management. I have never been more relieved to leave a place of employment in my life.

What to expect:

- Poor pay and benefits

- General lack of professionalism

- Poor job security
Very Poorly Run - Extremely Bad Management
If you want to pursue a job in maintenance with opportunity to learn and challenge yourself do not apply here. There is no training for crucial equipment and lack of knowledge from Management to help with system failures. This job lacks technical work and is mostly general labour.

I have never worked anywhere that has hired so many managers that have no work experience in there positions. Promotions are based off of favouritism and not skill. If you are looking for a new long term career I caution you this may not be the place for you. This is a hard place to work for people who think for themselves and want grow as a professional in there field.

The entire company is under a lot of pressure from outside eyes and know one wants to take responsibility for anything. Having said that people are quickly tossed under bus, especially if you are lower on the totem pole. Constantly defending your worth and knowledge to people who don’t not understand the questions they are asking you is very frustrating. This is a very high stress environment.

You’ve been warned!
Cons
High stress, Old school mentality
No job security - terrible management
The company needs a union otherwise they pick and choose who to promote or fire based on who is more of a personal favourite rather than quality of work. Place is full of gossip and stuck up people. Lots of upper management with no prior experience who treat employees unfairly if they simply don't like them. You could be doing your job and if management doesn't like you, your position and future there is conpromised. Terrible company who is all about revenue not quality of life for their employees. God forbid you have a dissability, they'll make up an excuse to terminate you as you're not considered a "normal" functioning human being to them.
Pros
Decent pay and benefits
Cons
Management and staff
High Stress - Unquantified Management
Extremely unorganized environment. Management is under qualified and do not have experience in the fields they manage. The HR team is very unprofessional and green. Keolis operates on a very small budget there for most employees end up doing jobs they are far over qualified for. The buildings are very poorly cleaned do too lack of janitorial staff. People from other departments forced to clean washrooms (people with engineering degrees scrubbing toilets....) . The people at the top of the food chain treat others very poorly. There is a high turn over rate made up of mostly people quitting do to poor working conditions. Poor pay scale compared to other organizations in the same industry. Apply with caution.
Cons
Unstable work schedules
Wonderful Place to work
Since day one the company has told you that we are the investment and their most important asset and the back it up every day.

They take care of their employees and if issues or problems do arise they are fixed and worked on. It a fast growing and positive environment that tries to keep things fun. Always room to learn and do more...don't see the favoritism mentioned below at all.

And we get to work with trains and have new experiences everyday, I'd highly recommend working for this company to anyone.
Pros
Great Team, Great Leadership and they care about their employees
Bad upper management with no direction
Poorly managed company. There is no leadership from upper management. Favouritism is commonplace, and they will hinder someones advancement opportunities so they can give the job to a buddy. Don't let the positive reviews fool you, I would believe the negative reviews more than the positive.
Great Company Culture, an organization you can grow with
Keolis is concerned not just with their own organizations growth but your own personal growth within it. They're constantly expanding and are looking for reliable and motivated individuals. Working here you have the opportunity to learn a lot on the job. Including skills and knowledge that you can take forward with you within the company and outside.
They have a supportive management team and as a whole are people always ready to help and teach. The company culture is positive and cooperative. I really enjoyed my time here and loved being apart of a project having a great social impact on the city of Waterloo.
This is a great place to work. Keolis has opportunities to develop the multiple skills needed to maintain and repair Light Rail Vehicles in the Kitchener/Waterloo area. You will be working with like-minded technicians, and will have an opportunity to work on the wide variety of electronic, electro-mechanical, mechanical, HVAC and hydraulic systems that are found on these types of vehicles. There is a positive and dynamic work force. Keolis recognizes and respects its employees work ability.
Pros
Friendly co-workers, clean facilities, great support
Cons
Great place to work, work life balance is great.
I really appreciate the willingness from management to work with family life and situations.
On top of that, we get paid to play with trains 😜

Who doesn't like trains!!
Pros
Great schedule
Don't be deceived.
You may see some earlier positive comments from some other employees and I have no doubt that when Keolis first started hiring it was a decent place to work but don't be deceived, it's not. Managers don't care about the employees and they treat people badly.
Cons
Poor management and working enviornment
A great place to work and grow
This company really walks the talk. They promote and foster a good work life balance, treat each other like family and like to have fun while getting the job done!
Pros
Great managers, happy atmosphere, great opportunities to grow with the company
Professional and Respectful Work Place
If you are looking for a professional and motivational workplace, than Keolis GrandRiver LP is the place you want to work for.

Follows there cultural motto, more and more opportunities to learn, to develop and to gain experience.

There is no attitude barrier between management and other employees. Everybody is appreciable and ready for helping you out.

Team players with more than 30 years of experience brings best out of you.
Pros
Stress free environment, Opportunity to work with best Proffesionals in this business.
Keolis has great opportunities and offers great opportunities for advancement
Excellent and very exciting place to work collaboratively with great management leading a great team. The best part about working for Keolis is the amazing people. Everyone is professional and great to work with. Lots of positive energy with the different teams. Great company!