Kent Building Supplies

Kent Building Supplies Employee Reviews

Wasn't too bad the pay was not very good work environment was okay it was a Monday to Friday job and the shift schedule was not too bad downside was they were always behind and want you to work Saturday
Half of the staff are unfriendly and rarely (if ever) acknowledge new employees. There are cliques there, just like high school; if you're not a social butterfly, you won't fit in. Some staff (including assistant managers) like to make fun of foreigners and other minorities in the break room. Other staff have an extremely poor work ethic and will never help anyone who makes them look bad by doing a better job than them. Instead, they will ignore you and tell lies about you to anyone who will listen, hoping to get you fired or make you quit. Management is weak, inefficient and uncaring (except when their bosses are around). The music played in the store is often depressing and awful and is repeated on a loop, over and over and over and over. The overall work environment is very poor. There are easier ways and better places to make minimum wage.
Pros
There are a few truly nice people there.
Cons
There isn't a regular work schedule. You will work different hours and days every week, with little time off to have a life.
Where to begin... literally the only good thing was (most) of the coworkers. Management was absolutely terrible. They go on about having little to no incidents and being the safest company to work for. Yes they say that because they fire anyone who gets hurt on the job. If you were 30 seconds late from returning from a break management was sure to let you know about being 30 seconds late. Was absolutely terrible. Stay away
Pros
Nothing but a few coworkers
Cons
Not enough space to list them all
No real management, except to pit employees against one another. Any disagreements with other employees, or issues amongst a group of employees you are told to resolve it yourself. Do nothing with troublemakers. Do nothing about gossip mongers'. The work environment is toxic. From the top down and from the bottom up.
Pros
it is a paycheque
Cons
It is a poor paycheque
Co workers are great but Management sucks, if they don't like you they over look you doesn't matter if you have been there 2 years or 20. They are all about themselves and their programs they have to help you threw difficult times (Mental Health) are a joke. Pay SUCKS for the amount of work you do in some departments and they contradict what they say all the time. The grass has to be greener elsewhere, keep looking!!
Pros
Co Workers
Cons
Management and pay
worst place to work in moncton. They're hiring 12 months a year but no one wants to work for them, I never worked in this kind of company where management is uneducated and so cheap.
Pros
Na
Cons
everything is wrong with the company
Everything you read about this place is true. You are told to be a part of a "wonderful" team and aren't given uniforms or proper training to make you a part of that team. Their "shadow" program is a total joke and you are paired with employees who have been there a month. You will be made to feel awkward for wanting to work hard because other employees will get jealous and make derogatory comments. The staff feels above pandemic mask guidelines and will be seen with masks off when not around customers. You are not given access to computers to serve customers but are told to "be on the floor and help" by running around finding other rude employees who act stand offish to new employees. This is a cult and you are not apart of it. They callously fire those who don't fit the Irving way which is a cover up for ignoring safety. Make no mistake their safety culture is a lie and it covers up their desire for laziness and inactivity. You are forced to use dangerous broken equipment when orientation tells you that you don't have to. They will say "this is broken but we still have to use it so don't cut yourself". I have witnessed managers tell paid customers that they will not get their order down because its too hard to get. Management will contradict themselves and you are the donkey that moves things around for them aimlessly. Management men make condescending remarks about their store manager after she assigns tasks and then will fake injuries if the task is too large. I've been asked to help customers out of the store with heavy product with obstructions at the exit causing fire - more...
Pros
You have a job
Cons
Every possible con you can think of
Kent is a good place to work it is easy to move up if you work hard and show that you want to move up. Manager are great and upper management was always in my corner
it was a very good experience ..... i learned alots up there and i met a very good people ... some days we had a very stressful days but most of it was great .
It was my first job during high school and I learned a lot! Renovation and home building can be tuff! But for me I enjoyed ordering and supply those needs.
When I was there it was mostly toxic people working there, having nothing better to do but run to management to tattle for anything they could. I have never hated working somewhere so much in my life. You will get hours if you plan on being a kent lifer but if they know you plan on going to college or not staying with kent forever they will cut your hours dramatically.
never off on time, if you scheduled off at 6, you never off until 6:30 because you need count your money. and just half hour lunch somedays and wouldn't let you have break if store is busy. so basically you will work from almost 10 hours with half hour lunch and one break for the whole day. they can transfer you to different department without asking during the day. and you can't say no.
Terrible management at the Sydney, NS location. Been awhile since I’ve been there but was bullied by management to stay when trying to leave to pursue further career opportunities within my degree of study. Manager cornered me privately and criticized my decision, told me it was stupid, told me not to leave with my significant other to pursue other chances because “love won’t put food on the table”. The manager was disliked by the majority of employees and other managers. Very rude, offensive, and arrogant in my personal experience and a couple others I know who have worked there. It’s a shame because the job is OK, the other staff are fantastic, and it’s good work experience. Too bad there is a bully in charge.
Kent Building Supplies does not reward innovative thinkers who advocate for change. Kent Building Supplies has a diverse work culture that provides the ability to experience the retail industry on the front lines. If you're looking for a job that rewards you for keeping your head down, and doing as your told for the minimum wage in your province, you're in the right spot.
They are completely changing their technology and some business processes. I believe they need more development of their manager's emotional intelligence based on the ones I encountered. I am hoping once the new technology is in place that there can be focus on that.
Overall great company and people but little shy on salaries and equipment I am not overly impressed with. Management in St John of fleet needs to be given a serious boot out the door and new management for the Kent Fleet of Trucks.
The Kent staff are great to work with and are like a family. The managers are kind and accommodating with all situations. Safety is number one priority at Kent and is practiced regularly
great space to work in meet new people both as co workers and customers as well very detailed in training to insure the most safety as possible which is key to a great work place
Started at kent in high school and it was good for that, but once I started full time it just wasnt good there. People arent friendly at all, I did get promoted to the project desk and I was told a bigger pay, I stayed on the desk for one year and never received a raise
Pros
Paying job
Cons
Not treated right
all employees care about each other and help each other thrive. A good work environment, shifts are fair and management makes sure you are taken care of.
Great work environment, pleasant staff and management. This was a great job to have growing up in the summer time. You are fairly compensated as well. Loved Kent.