Kensington Court Employee Reviews

fun place to work at with resdients that brightened up my day everyday
SERVER (Former Employee) –  864 shrewsberry ave tinton falls nj18 January 2018
*a typical day at work was normal i learned at kensington court is to have patients with residents. management wasnt okay at times i got laid off because a manager didnt want too hear my side of the story when a situation had occurred that didnt have nothing to do with me. culture and how good of a worker i was had too do alot with getting laid off the hardest part of my job were trying to keep to myself knowing that alot of my co workers picked at me. the most enjoyable part of my job were making the residents happy with there meals snacks and etc..
Pros
free lunches
productive and workplace very nice place to work at
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Tinton Falls, NJ16 January 2018
typical ordinary day at work, i learned to have a lot of patients with things you have too do and most importantly with the residents. management i think management had a lot too do with me losing my job didn't want too hear what i had to say about a situation.... workplace culture was great everyone got along with everyone. the hardest part of the job was making sure every resident had what they needed far as drinks food snacks etc. the most enjoyable part of the job were the residents they were being hard at times but that's why you have to have patients because you never know what they could be going threw or what mental problems they have..... example(dementia)......
Activity Director (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, NJ17 February 2017
I had the most enjoyment working at Kensington Court. The staff was great, and the residents were my extended family. I started working there when the building first opened, and continued to learn and grow with the community. Although I did not have much guidance or support, I still enjoyed the residents.
Pros
Great staff and residents
Cons
training
Executive Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MI 4810814 July 2016
The time I was here was very pleasant experience. The core staff was a good group of people. I had free range to do what ever i saw fit in any of the food components
Pros
great hours
Horrible/ They Lack Respect For Employees
Former Employee- dietary (Former Employee) –  Tinton Falls, NJ10 November 2015
This company has had terrible turnover because the administrator is hot headed and doesn't take the time to listen to her employees. When she walks down the hallway it is like Captain Hook hearing the alligator coming for him. You dread the sound of her keys dangling against her chest as she walks (usually in a panic) towards you. At times she can be friendly after just screaming in a frenzy. A few employees are almost positive she has bi-polar disorder. The housekeeping staff, kitchen staff and recreation department are very friendly and outgoing employees who usually work together in a team environment. Most of the nurses are kind but a lot of them act as divas and don't help staff at all with residents. The nurses aides are constantly being found in residents rooms watching tv instead of helping with patients. When it is addressed to the HR department or Administration it is brushed under the rug. The nursing staff is treated like the royalty of the facility. Which doesn't make it shocking to know that the administrator was a former nurse herself.

On to the Director of Food services... He was one of the laziest employees in the facility. Several times he will be given food orders but not inform his staff of them on weekends.. Then we are asked by the recreation department where there food is. He would try blaming everyone but himself when we didn't get the orders. Not to mention he talked down to all his female staff except for the administrator who he would brown nose like there is no tomorrow.

When it comes to HR, the director could be bothered less about employees.
  more... She is very unapproachable and spends most of her time talking to the receptionist and lady in billing. She is rarely in her office.

Speaking of receptionist.....You think the facility would hire someone who actually smiled to represent their company...No..They have the most miserable woman placed right front and center...
The OWNER needs to check up on this place more and weed out the employees that are bringing it down...He is leaving the facility in the wrong hands..

I wish I could have given management zero stars on this review.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Benefits after six months, they get rid of good employees and keep terrible ones, and management is terrible.
Friendly
Busboy (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, Michigan23 January 2015
Got great experience and skills as a worker everyone was helpful
Caring Assisted Living Facility
Maintenance Man (Former Employee) –  Tinton Falls, NJ21 April 2014
Some days were a relaxing atmosphere, most days were a fast paced atmosphere which kept me busy all day. I learned alot under my supervisor. He was willing to show me anything that I was willing to learn.
Pros
great work crew
Cons
temporary work
Calm and productive facility
LPN (Current Employee) –  Tinton Falls, NJ15 February 2014
The only negative thing I have to say about this place is that there are no benefits for part time or per diem workers and they don't pay too well, but I'm sure they aren't the first or only ones. Otherwise this facility is very clean, neat and it smells good to be and assistant living, the staff is also friendly and helpful.
Pros
Free lunch or dinner, which ever shift you work and friendly as well as helpful staff.
Cons
The pay rate and benifits sucks for LPNs!
Okay place to work.
Catering Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MI12 October 2013
The hotel was nice but certain changes in management I feel needs to change. Work and life balance was not very good. Expected you to work 50 but only get paid for 40. I know being on salary, they expect to you work over 40 but to say you have to work 50 every week when some weeks you get the job done within 40-45 hours, staying couple more hours at times does not make the job more productive. However, the other employees I worked with at the hotel were great.
Pros
The people I had worked with at the hotel.
Cons
Management at times not consistent.