Kenroc Building Materials Co. Ltd.

Kenroc Building Materials Co. Ltd. Employee Reviews

Canada50 reviews
I worked in a room closely with another lady who wore a strong perfume. I politely asked if she would mind wearing less because it was causing me breathing issues. She started wearing it heavier so I had no choice but to go to manager. I got fired for not being a team player. Even though I was the one whose health was at risk. So if you value your health don’t work in the office there!
Pros
Loved the actual job and the front desk and warehouse staff.
Cons
Certain people played unfair.
The company puts on a good front but treats their employees like slaves WITH TERRIBLE PAY, the amount of heavy heavy lifting you have to do is enough to break you. on my first day, they made me work a 12-hour shift unloading 600 sheets of drywall BY HAND to the point of heat exhaustion, ended up in the hospital that night. I told them I was going to go a different direction and they were very vindictive when I asked them to mark me down as laid off so that I could claim EI they said no. so, in conclusion, PLEASE DO NOT PUT YOURSELF THROUGH THIS COMPANY BECAUSE THEY TREAT YOU LIKE GARBAGE.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, physically demanding till the point of breaking yourself
The front desk, delivery crews and warehouse staff were all great people to work around. The rest excluding a few sales people/ sales manager were either unpleasant to be around or constantly disrupting things making matters worst. They had people who know little about the drywall delivery end. I felt like I was re inventing the wheel at Kenroc because managers where trying things that where already proven not to work. I tried offering suggestions but nobody though I knew what was up. I had multiple operations, dispatchers, warehouse managers, and GM’s in 1 year. It’s gonna be hard for Edmonton Kenroc to get stronger because there has not been the proper knowledge passed down when managers and workers leave.
Pros
A payque
Cons
Dead end
Overall great place to work if you were willing to work hard and put the actual work and for what you were going to receive for your patience. The work is not easy by any means I have literally seen people jump out at a red light. On the other hand people with a good work ethic have no issues coming to work will do very well here
Pros
Good people as far as coworkers go
Cons
Snobby management
Kenroc claims to be a great place to work but will terminate you without cause if you do everything a good employee should do. I highly recommend working here if you want to not show up on time, or at all somedays. Don’t follow safety protocols, it’s fine, you will receive a write up with no further penalties. Call your own shots, dictate your duties, if you don’t want to do something just don’t. Feel free to go hide in a corner and spend your days on your phone it’s fine.
management is poor, they have hired and fired supervisors left and right.
expect to work an 8 hour day, maybe 6, maybe 12.

if you're driving, expect to have all the responsibilities and pressure on your shoulders, and don't expect to get paid well for it.

if youre a swamper, expect to get paid really poorly for the amount of work you're doing.

I wouldnt do it again.

the benefits are really good... the pay SUCKS...the management sucks.

nobody really likes their job there.

do NOT expect a raise.
Pros
I cant really say i have many, its a job i guess
Cons
hours. really short or really long. PAY SUCKS.
I was in the Accounting Department, A/R. My duties included invoicing, review and fix discrepancies on sales orders. Mail invoices every week.
Balance daily payments from order desk. Three stores to allocate payments to customer accounts, reconcile customer accounts. Collections and Filing. Spreadsheets and Create bank deposits.

I learnt how a large company manages and the difference between small, medium and large companies operate in the accounting department.

Management was sketchy. You didn't know if you were supported or being condemned. The workers were nice to be around.

The hardest part of the job was going to work not knowing what mood the management was in and what your day would be like. If you would receive the support you needed to perform your job properly.

I really enjoyed the work as I enjoy accounting procedures.
Used to be a decent place to work until a new manager came in and messed things up for the delivery crew. Place still has good benefits and they give you decent clothes for work uniform but they make you do very stressful and sometimes very painful deliveries that are much worse than previous drywall companies I've worked at. Shipper reciever is great but the manager sucks.
Was a good work experience opportunity. Would definitely work there again if I lived there. Awesome coworkers and great work atmosphere. Lots of teamwork involved and training to be done.
Management is terrible. They feed u lies and lies then when you try to ask for what was promised even if it’s in writing they say come back another time I’m busy and never help out.
good guys who work there, dispatch is not organized and not knowledgeable about the job. no communication. the pay is okay. pressured into 'getting the job done' even when its not safe.
If you expect a raise go elsewhere . They will use anything against you to not give you a raise . Worked over a year without a single raise. Favoritism is absolutely the order of the day . If kissing butt is your deal by all means hand in a resume . If you speak your mind freely go elsewhere . If you want to be treated fairly go elsewhere . I was fired . Reason : they were going in a different direction. yourgoing to del
Pros
It was a cheque
Cons
Too many to list
It was a gd place to work, the crews were awesome and I’d still be there if a certain individual was not there at the time I worked there. I made a decent wage and they helped me upgrade my license at the time. Idk how it is now though.
I've learned how the operation worked in sucha short time, fast paced, guys were very helpful to new employees, I liked working there and would recommend working there.
The Edmonton branch is in transition but needs new management. In the past 6 months he has terminated key roles only because they would not put up with very bad decisions by the GM. I found the staff worked well but management speaks of communication but does not practice what is preached
Company is based on family and community values. Fair enumeration for work. RRSP contributions. Dental and Health benefits. Overall a great place to work
These people work you till you brake or quit from their lack of professionalism and the inability to plan a work day. Dispatch is incompetent. The lifting and walking up stairs is unsafe and unnecessary. You get sent home half the year with no work. 12 hr days no breaks or lunch. Oh&s warned them. Nochanges
This place is so disorganized and mismanaged. Managers know nothing. Poor site evaluations 24/7 which’s end up in 2 guys walking 16000 pounds of drywall upstairs. Managers don’t listen, don’t get paid anywhere near enough and the work is slave labor. You never know when your going to get off work so good luck making plans. The management team does not care for there employees at all.
Great people to work this. Most management is good to work for ... some not so much.
Managers are at time to busy talking to really listen. No one person knows everything.
Overall not too bad. The pay was low and there was no commission for sales. General manager is all about saving $ which leads to a lot of corner cutting. Employees were very friendly. Benefits weren't too bad.
This office couldn't manage a drunken party in a brewery! Poor planning of loads, poor site evaluations qhich results in 2 guys unloading 16,000lbs of board by hand. OHC is a joke usually staffed by untrained and unqualified members.

Truck mounted crane training was a joke, spent my minimum required 10 hours on houses. Once certified was delivering to condos four stories in the air.

Equipment is consistently breaking down, at one point all our crane trucks were in the shop. Manager sent a trailer out with an out of date safety. Police pulled the driver over and had them leave the trailer on the side of the road.
Pros
Free clothing, good co-workers
Cons
Long hours, low pay poor training, poor leadership