KENNEDY HOUSE YOUTH SERVICES Pay & Benefits reviews

Not worth it for the pay and lack of training
Developmental Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 November 2018
I’ve was working at Kennedy for awhile and have to say that the aggressive clients you work with are not worth the lack of pay you receive. I worked with non verbal autistic clients and I spend most of my days cleaning feces and repeating myself all day. It is very mentally exhausting as the shifts are 12 hours.

There was also a lack of training when I was hired, there’s still many things there that I don’t know how to do and when asking others how to do them they don’t know either. When asking management if I could be trained properly on a few things it was shrugged off and never happened. I was thrown into it without proper training and just fending for myself.

Also if you’re full time, night shifts are mandatory so you will have to do overnights at the same rate of pay.

The only good thing about it is the benefits. They do have really good benefits for you and your family.
Pros
Benefits
Cons
Lack of training, lack of breaks, pay, shift work
Could be better
Full time - galloway (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON12 November 2018
Of course it's like any other group home... not caring about front line workers, trying to fill beds etc
There was little to no training provided for new hires. You hit the ground running and you're expected to know how to do something just from being told once. Supervisors were constantly stressed and it affected all staff. They were also unprofessional at times. Lack of support from management in crisis situations and even mental health of staff due to the job.
Brought in youth who they later "discovered" were not a good fit for the home.
Pros
Benefits as full time, long hours