Kennametal Employee Reviews

place where work was fun
Assistant Manager Sales (Former Employee) –  Delhi30 October 2018
Amazing organisation to work with. DHL is taking care of their employees very well. I am still working with DHL and would recommend this organisation to everyone.
Good company to be employed by
System Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 September 2018
American based tooling manufacturer. Top quality products. North America's #1 choice. Good work place environment lots of social events had a co-ed ball team that played to have fun no matter the score. Christmas party annually. Gifts for years service. Good benefit plan.
Company relocated to the USA.
Pros
good pay, fringe benefits, work enviroment always friendly
Cons
in Mississauga so some travel time
great place to work
Millwright Helper (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON17 August 2018
worked here as a co op student. worked with millwrights and a few welders. the work is interesting and not back breaking. safety is number one along with cleanliness
Pros
everything
Decent job security
Pricing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC28 January 2018
Very Busy dealing with many different tasks and issues in a very high paced environment.
I have learned many things about large company culture, some good, more bad in this case.
Nice people but poor or week management structure that does not deal effectively with issues. Very little leadership.
Very non nonchalant attitude towards office protocol, work ethic and professionalism due to historically week management style.
Feeling of accomplishment by doing my job efficiently and effectively helping other employees achieve their tasks based on my requirements to do so. Making happy and satisfied customers as it relates to my tasks.
Great company that cares about their employees
Sr Sales Engineer (Former Employee) –  Western Canada5 May 2017
Great company to work for but have had some financial issues over the past 18 months causing divestitures and elimination of jobs. Compant works very hard to provide employees with a great compensation package and benefits.
Pros
Global company
Cons
Limited areas to work for career growth
No comment, any information is in person
Junior Radiographer/Machinist (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON7 October 2016
No comment, any information is in person, other than I gave a days work for a days pay.This is
My position on this subjet.So it is my opinion that this question is one I would make reference
To in a verbal one on one capacidy.
Pros
No commrnt
Cons
No comment
Good Benefits & Great People To Work With
Sr Analyst Distributed Systems LAN/PC Canada Wide (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON4 July 2016
Good Benefits & Great People To Work With, The days go fast with plenty of work. Continuing to venture into new technology.
Great work place at Kennametal
CNC press operation (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC31 March 2016
It is a great place to work, lots training and care about employee safety. Managers not just care about the work quality also care about people's life. Co-workers are friendly to each other.
Cons
summer time is hot inside the plant
It`s time for me to move on to a career that challenges me and compensates me adequately.
Millwright (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON1 June 2013
My typical day consists of dealing with poor management and engineers who have no idea how to communicate with the maintenance shop. We're not allowed to have any overtime even though work is piling up and production is behind. The equipment is old and constantly requires repairs.
Kennametal are the new owners but so far things haven't changed for the better. I don't blame Kennametal but I feel that they are allowing the same poor management to continue making the same mistakes.
I enjoy working with my co-workers and I take pride in doing a good job doing quality professional work. The hardest thing is that I feel that I'm wasting my time here and I'm poorly paid for my time and efforts.
Pros
Occasional free lunches and a good Christmas party. Good friends too.
Cons
Poor management. No preventative maintenance. Inadequate pay.